Windows 10: Font Has Changed

Discus and support Font Has Changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have been struggling with fonts changed for the worse since about 2 days ago. I thought is was Google Chrome browser but just realized this also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rcten, Aug 29, 2017.

1. rcten Win User

Font Has Changed

Have been struggling with fonts changed for the worse since about 2 days ago.
    I thought is was Google Chrome browser but just realized this also affects Edge and File Explorer, etc.
    Font Has Changed [​IMG]

- Have tried Restore Font Settings but selecting button only turns it grey and nothing happens. Font is not restored.
    Help?

:)

rcten, Aug 29, 2017

2. windows 10 font

when i changed my windows 10 font, it has changed to an unknown font and i am unable to change it..

lavneeshsaini, Aug 29, 2017
  3. How do I change size offonts on my computer

Can anyone tell me HOW to change size of fonts. For some reason it has change and the fonts are too small for me to read easily.

JoyceTjaden, Aug 29, 2017
  4. Gordon7 Win User

Font Has Changed

Hey, go to start menu - search and write " Adjust Clear Type " (without " ") - then see screenshot:

Font Has Changed [​IMG]

That should solved your problem.

Gordon7, Aug 29, 2017
  5. rcten Win User
    Gordon7:Thank you for the response. Last night, in desperation, I Reset (reinstalled W10) my desktop via Dell utility to begin anew. I had tried your solution and didn't improve the font.
    Oddly enough still had File Explorer showing up with bad Font after reinstall. So now I tried your suggestion and this time it worked.
    I now have another issue for which I'll make another post.
    Thanks very much.

rcten, Aug 29, 2017
  6. Jezza819 Win User
    I have almost the same issue. I've uploaded the registry changes suggested in one of the tutorial threads and I've also installed a tool from Wintools that is supposed to change the font size. I also installed a Firefox extension called No Small Text. Using all of these I've got my tabs, system menu in File Explorer, even webpages looking better.

But still the last thing is that darn menu that pops up after you right click on an image and select "save image as" or anywhere you're saving something to your computer or hard drive and giving it a name. That text is still very faint and way too small.

I did use Gordon7's suggestion and that has made a small improvement but nowhere near where I would like it to be. I just want it a little bigger.

Jezza819, Aug 30, 2017
  7. Gordon7 Win User
    Gordon7, Aug 30, 2017
  8. Jezza819 Win User

Font Has Changed

Yes I saw that tutorial and that is where I changed just about everything EXCEPT those drop down file choices that I'm referring to. Using that tutorial I've made all of my tabs, right click menu, file explorer window, etc. slightly bigger and in bold text. But it doesn't effect the things I really need changed.

Jezza819, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Font Has Changed

1. Font Has Changed - Similar Threads - Font Has Changed

2. Changing Fonts!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Fonts!: Hi, there are numerous posts on this subject so unclear which is the right one! I normally send emails from my Windows 10 Mail/Calendar app. I use my yahoo account in this app, if I change the font types, then more often than not people don't receive in that format! I have...
  3. Windows font has changed in non-system apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows font has changed in non-system apps: HI, after a recent windows update 21H2, build 22000.348, my font in non-system apps has changed to a pixelated hard to read font wherever the app does not select a specific font, does anyone have a fix for this? Pixelated font: Regular font: I have already tried resetting...
  4. Windows font has changed in non-system apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows font has changed in non-system apps: HI, after a recent windows update 21H2, build 22000.348, my font in non-system apps has changed to a pixelated hard to read font wherever the app does not select a specific font, does anyone have a fix for this? Pixelated font: Regular font: I have already tried resetting...
  5. Start menu font has changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu font has changed: Can anyone tell me why the search bar font has changed? I don't know the font name but much wider then before almost fills the space. Also, when I click in the search bar it reverts back to the original font. Can anyone help me to change it back please?...
  6. change fonts to a darker fonts

change fonts to a darker fonts: need to change fonts to bold fonts. hard to read words, like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-fonts-to-a-darker-fonts/0cc4471a-1876-4b56-b7c3-520a03b261bc
  7. Desktop font has changed can't change it back

Desktop font has changed can't change it back: Hi my desktop font has changed, it also effects programs like steam and some games, doesn't seem to effect edge but effect firefox. I have tried a few things I've read but nothing seem to change it can anyone help? Thanks Tibs...
  8. Font change

Font change: I can't figure out how to change the font style and size. I get to the screen the lists and shows all the choices but how do I select the one I want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-change/535132a6-d4f7-4649-8bee-64ab8cda65b7
  9. Change the font.

Change the font.: Why can't I change my font? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-the-font/84954f70-6bbc-4483-9276-c33a93080a04
  10. Change fonts

Change fonts: Hi, Where is the option to change the fonts for your icon, menu's etc... don't want to change size or colour just type. Thanks 14639