Windows 10: Font installation problem. It won't display.

Discus and support Font installation problem. It won't display. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I downloaded a True-Type font that was created by a user. However, when i tried to install it, I first could not open it in Adobe Illustrator.. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JoshuaM, Feb 28, 2017.

1. JoshuaM Win User

Font installation problem. It won't display.

Hi, I downloaded a True-Type font that was created by a user. However, when i tried to install it, I first could not open it in Adobe Illustrator.. I think it was Illustrator. However, later, when selecting fonts used with foreign languages, I was able to use it. It seems possible that installing the font has caused conflicts with opening Adobe Photoshop. That program will not open unless I open it as Administrator since installing the font.

Additionally, the font did not display in the control panel. I installed two versions of the font.. Only one is displaying in the control panel.. Prior to the installation, and a system restart, it was not displaying anything.

I did unblock both fonts in the zip files, and possibly in a separate file folder before installing them.

I am wondering if somehow the font is causing issues.

:)

JoshuaM, Feb 28, 2017

2. Microsoft Edge won't display "Arial" and sans-serif font.

I have experiencing this issue for a while now, it seems that "Arial" font won't display on websites even sans-serif font. It replaced by the old and ugly "Times New Roman" font. It affects my web browsing especially Facebook.

I tried to inspect element and re-type "Arial" and sans-serif, but nothing happened. But when I tried to open websites in other browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc.), it displays the font correctly.

I have to restart the PC, and the problem still exists.

Font installation problem. It won't display. [​IMG]

RedRailgun, Feb 28, 2017
  3. Corrupted Arial Narrow font stops Notification and Edge display

2 problems I had:

1. Edge displays Times font for all web content. (Not talking about Reading View here)

2. Notification fails to open.

I saw in another forum a comment about corrupted Arial Narrow fonts stopping Notifications. It is associated with

Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe in Event Logs.

Going to Windows\Fonts and opening Arial font display and clicking on Arial Narrow shows no text. Deleting all Arial Narrow font variations fixes the problems.

I think Arial Narrow is installed with Office 2016. That is when the problems started.

Hope that helps anyone with same problem.

sluggoslade, Feb 28, 2017
  4. JoshuaM Win User

anyone? i have been able to get this font to work, but i have a software program crashing now.

JoshuaM, Mar 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Font installation problem. It won't display. - Similar Threads - Font installation problem

2. Chinese fonts display problem in pdf invoice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese fonts display problem in pdf invoice: Chinese fonts display problem in pdf filehi Microsoft Team, I want to report the Chinese fonts display problem in PDF files.Below is the similar case I saw in...
  3. Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese fonts display problem in pdf file: hi Microsoft Team, I want to report the Chinese fonts display problem in PDF files.Below is the similar case I saw in community.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/edge-pdf-chinese-characters-display/10349b0f-3ee9-436e-bc94-6351be088cc8But I think it...
  4. blurry fonts! and no font display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blurry fonts! and no font display: My fonts blurred out in explorer and even in browser! my Pc was running all good,but suddenly all text from Uc browser to file explorer just went missing! In my desktop , Icons show their name in blurry font and in explorer files show icon but do not have any name on...
  5. Bizarre Font Installation problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bizarre Font Installation problem: Hey fam So some really bizarre shit is happening to me, and I'm at the end of my rope after basically none of my solutions, or the ones I was able to find online have worked. The type of problem I'm having is so niche I'm not even sure how to word it in Google to find the...
  6. Newly installed fonts not displaying

Newly installed fonts not displaying: I have installed fonts onto my new Windows 10 computer. They are listed in the font list, but do not display in WORD or PPT. If I type them in a cell in EXCEL however they do display properly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled them. I have run repairs on my entire Office...
  7. Font display

Font display: Working on a presentation in PowerPoint. Downloaded fonts appear in the drop down list in PowerPoint but do not display when added to text in the presentation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-display/177e295d-3b26-461e-bc87-87b844f51a95
  8. Font Display

Font Display: How do I get windows to allow the correct graphic display of fonts that are not in its standard library of fonts. The fonts in particular are Balloon Bd BT, Balloon Lt BT, and Balloon XBt BT. The Font selector says "This is a scalable printer font. The screen image may...
  9. Display Font

Display Font: So, I have a very cool set up/theme on my computer, or at least I think its very cool! Ya know, as girly as possible yet not over done with pink glitter or any crap like that, just feminine I guess (lol). So I'm looking to change the DISPLAY font to go along with this theme I...
  10. Russian font display problem

Russian font display problem: I have a problem with Russian font display. Some websites have a wrong font display or maybe it's unicode problem. I tried on both Microsoft edge and Google Chrome. I had chinese installation so maybe it's causing problem. I tried to change a system locale to Russian for...