Windows 10: Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update

Discus and support Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello *Smile I just installed Windows 10 AU and now my loved Font is messed up. But only some letters. Anyone knows why and how to get all letters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sonnyblack69, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update

Hello *Smile

I just installed Windows 10 AU and now my loved Font is messed up. But only some letters. Anyone knows why and how to get all letters back? That Problem is system-wide. How to fix?
    Screenshot:

Before:

Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update [​IMG]

After Win10 Update:

Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update [​IMG]

You can see that only A D O P is messed up. Anyway to fix it?
    Thx in advance

:)

sonnyblack69, Aug 3, 2016
  2. Andy79X Win User

Font management app crash in Windows 10 AU

Hi Syed,

No. It's not a Microsoft Store app. It's a normal, standart application called NexusFont. You can find it here:

Simple, easy and well designed applications by xiles

It was working before Anniversary Update. Now it's unusable becuase Microsft changed someting in font rendering. Alsko SkyFonts is acting super weird and its hard to use.

SkyFonts

Problem is huge. It's not a small bug. It's inadmissible. I expect an avalanche of reports in the next few weeks reagarding this issue.

Please fix this.

All people using externall fonts will have enormous problems with Anniversary Update.

Othet posts regargind this problem:

Windows 10 AU Fonts issue (NexusFont, Suitcase Fusion etc..) - Windows Central Forums

No longer able to activate/deactivate any fonts with Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update - Windows 10 Forums

There will be more...

Andy79X, Aug 3, 2016
  3. medv Win User
    Index search of settings doesn't work- i've found out why and a workaround

Thousand thanks for sharing your findings!

I stumbled into this issue deploying a new PC with Win 10 Pro x64 1607 and can confirm that this issue persists even on new clean installs and with upgraded Win 10 too.

First i guessed the problem is related to Win 10 Anniversary Update (1607) but after reading this thread i tested on some computers without the 1607 update and noticed the problem exists for long time, without a fix from MS.

Thanks again

Thomas

medv, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update

1. Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Font Issue 1607

2. cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607): my laptop has been trying for many times for the anniversary update of win 10, but i always stuck at the 30%, and the laptop just crush there and remain 30% for all time. I have tried to reset the computer but still fail. What can I do??? 80279
  3. Win 10 Anniversary update

Win 10 Anniversary update: My Laptop, running Win10 Pro 64-bit, updated yesterday, and I am now on this version. Is this the latest? i.e. the MS Anniversary update? [img] 58665
  4. Anniversary Update 1607 Mandatory/Necessary ?

Anniversary Update 1607 Mandatory/Necessary ?: I did a clean install of 1607 on a separate partition and encountered wifi and graphic issues. Unsuccessful searched for appropriate drivers which may be found with further searching. However, my 3 year old Toshiba is running great on build 1511. Updates to 1511 were...
  5. Win 10 Anniversary 1607 update - Infinite Reboot Loop - HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Anniversary 1607 update - Infinite Reboot Loop - HELP!!!: Hi Guys, the update didn't go well for me *cry The download and the installation completed smoothly (used Win 10 update tool in Settings). However shortly after it finished installing>reboot>login screen it goes into BSOD screen with an error (I could not remember what the...
  6. Not enough space for anniversary update (1607)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not enough space for anniversary update (1607): Hello, I am the owner of a small laptop, an Acer Switch 10, which only have 32GB of SSD memory inside. I also have a microSD *always* in of 128GB, and a normal 500GB HDD on the keyboard, if plugged, of course. The internal memory has 6GB free right now, and I can't free...
  7. From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?: I would like to have everyone's feedback here. Currently, I am running Win10 1607 (AU) and would like to soon upgrade to the Win10 Creative Edition. Should I perform a Clean install from the 1607 to the Creative Edition or just do an upgrade through the Windows Update?...
  8. Win 10 1607 Restart Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 1607 Restart Issue: I am having a Win 10 1607 restart issue. In my case the PC tries to restart but the monitor screen goes black and then the monitor screen powers off. The PC keeps running but will not restart. I have to push the reset button to restart the PC. Shut down works...
  9. Solved - Win 10 Anniversary Update 1607 - The Worst Ever?

in Windows 10 Support
    Solved - Win 10 Anniversary Update 1607 - The Worst Ever?: This one has to be the worst of them all. It has taken us back to '90s era when we had to do such stupid things such as take out USBs while installation, install drivers and do backups and all that stuff. Few days back i decided to install the Annversary Update ie. 1607...
  10. issues with Win10 anniversary 14.393.10 (1607)

in Windows 10 Support
    issues with Win10 anniversary 14.393.10 (1607): I upgraded 7 machines to 1607. All of these machines are running 1511, 3 of the machines had 32-bit versions (1 Asus transformer, 1 Asus Tablet and 1 HP Stream Tablet). All these machines upgraded and migrated without any issues. Of the remaining 4 machines, 2 are Intel...