Windows 10: Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs

Discus and support Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For example, when I download Lato, it comes with Lato Regular, Lato Bold, Lato Italics, etc. After I install them and open Microsoft Word, Lato appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CerebralFreeze, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs

For example, when I download Lato, it comes with Lato Regular, Lato Bold, Lato Italics, etc. After I install them and open Microsoft Word, Lato appears as Lato Regular, Lato Bold, Lato, Italics, etc.

Is it possible for the font to just appear at Lato in Microsoft's font menu?

And when I select words to bold, the usual process is press Control + B. That will bolden Lato but that is different than Lato Bold. To use the Lato Bold weight, I have to go through the font menu and actually select Lato Bold instead of simply Control + B.

Lato Bold is actually quite different than Lato that is boldened. Lato Bold looks much better.

Is it possible to press Control + B and instead of boldening the regular Lato font weight, it will actually select Lato Bold instead?

Or not a single person programmed something to fix this? ie. Not a single 3rd party font manager program remedied this annoying feature?

:)

CerebralFreeze, Jul 3, 2018
  2. Polarman Win User

Font Manager

I remember using Adobe's Type Manager a long time ago to manage fonts on my old Win98 machine. It's not very convenient to have 1000+ fonts installed all the time. Having a font manager can help with keep things organized.

I was curious about finding something similar since Type Manager is no longer made. I found these 2 (Freebie) software that are pretty neat. *Smile Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs :)

AMP Font Viewer 3.86

AMP Font Viewer - Complete font manager: view, organize, install, delete and print fonts lists (TrueType, OpenType and Type 1) - AMPsoft

Font Frenzy

http://www.sdsoftware.org/default.asp?id=5929

Polarman, Jul 3, 2018
  3. font weight issue

lumia 635 wp 8.1 with update; when browsing a web page the font weight keeps changing - bold to medium to light randomly for no apparent reason whatsoever. Very irritating and when light hard to read in particularly outdoors. ldeas? B

Boson Vector, Jul 3, 2018
  4. Orerockon Win User

Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs

Excel change default comment font weight

In Excel 2010 the default comment font has been bold for me for as long as I can remember (even in a fresh install in Win 10). In this post Title Bar Text Size - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums The common fix of changing the tooltip font works for the font size but not the font weight. I have used Kutools to change all comments to regular weight in the past but it's unstable in Win 10 and causes problems with other software. I know that I can type a character, hit ctrl-B and get the next character to regular weight but then I have to go back and delete the first character. Hitting ctrl-b immediately doesn't work. Obviously this is clunky and time wasting. Using Kutools tools in the past it changes the font weight for the entire comment, including the bold commentor name. I want it to function like I see in any example I can find, which always was the commentor name in bold and the rest of the comment regular weight. As far as I remember that was the case in every version of Excel I used before 2010.

Orerockon, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs

1. Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs - Similar Threads - Font Manager Combines

2. Win10 default font: Can we adjust the weight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 default font: Can we adjust the weight?: I searched online and found nothing.I searched Microsoft's Help and found nothing.Is this impossible? It seems really thin. Especially on a white background. I'd just like to increase the weight of the font a little. It seems in Settings its a really stripped down version of...
  3. Win10 default font: Can we adjust the weight?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 default font: Can we adjust the weight?: I searched online and found nothing.I searched Microsoft's Help and found nothing.Is this impossible? It seems really thin. Especially on a white background. I'd just like to increase the weight of the font a little. It seems in Settings its a really stripped down version of...
  4. Win10 default font: Can we adjust the weight?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change font size and font weight for a Windows Terminal profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change font size and font weight for a Windows Terminal profile in Windows 10: This post will help you change font size for a Windows Terminal profile on Windows 10 computer. There are so many interesting Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks available that users find quite useful. One of such tips is to change the default font size. You can set the font...
  6. Taskbar combine certain programs.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar combine certain programs.: Is there a way to only combine certain programs on the task bar and never combine others? THanks. submitted by /u/Objective-Actuary-26 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8ibd3/taskbar_combine_certain_programs/
  7. Jarte font manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jarte font manager: I have installed Nexus Font, Jarte's preferred font manager, but don't recall how to make it work with Jarte. My goal is to have each new file open with my preferred font size. 164070
  8. Can I Increase Font Weight in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I Increase Font Weight in Windows 10?: I do screen recording and publish videos in YouTube. When I screen record Linux Mint the small texts come really clear as by default Linux Mint font weight is higher than Windows 10. But when I record in Windows 10 my fonts look very thine and broken in the recorded videos! I...
  9. Changing Font Size and Weight in Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Changing Font Size and Weight in Outlook 365: Is there any way to increase the font size and weight of Outlook 365's Folder Pane and Reading pane? I would like to increase the size by one or two units. Thank you. 154405
  10. Excel change default comment font weight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel change default comment font weight: In Excel 2010 the default comment font has been bold for me for as long as I can remember (even in a fresh install in Win 10). In this post Title Bar Text Size - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums The common fix of changing the tooltip font works for the font size but...