Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs

Discus and support Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For example, when I download Lato, it comes with Lato Regular, Lato Bold, Lato Italics, etc. After I install them and open Microsoft Word, Lato appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CerebralFreeze, Jul 3, 2018.

1. CerebralFreeze Win User

For example, when I download Lato, it comes with Lato Regular, Lato Bold, Lato Italics, etc. After I install them and open Microsoft Word, Lato appears as Lato Regular, Lato Bold, Lato, Italics, etc.

Is it possible for the font to just appear at Lato in Microsoft's font menu?

And when I select words to bold, the usual process is press Control + B. That will bolden Lato but that is different than Lato Bold. To use the Lato Bold weight, I have to go through the font menu and actually select Lato Bold instead of simply Control + B.

Lato Bold is actually quite different than Lato that is boldened. Lato Bold looks much better.

Is it possible to press Control + B and instead of boldening the regular Lato font weight, it will actually select Lato Bold instead?

Or not a single person programmed something to fix this? ie. Not a single 3rd party font manager program remedied this annoying feature?

:)

CerebralFreeze, Jul 3, 2018
  2. Polarman Win User

Font Manager

I remember using Adobe's Type Manager a long time ago to manage fonts on my old Win98 machine. It's not very convenient to have 1000+ fonts installed all the time. Having a font manager can help with keep things organized.

I was curious about finding something similar since Type Manager is no longer made. I found these 2 (Freebie) software that are pretty neat. *Smile Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs :)

AMP Font Viewer 3.86

AMP Font Viewer - Complete font manager: view, organize, install, delete and print fonts lists (TrueType, OpenType and Type 1) - AMPsoft

Font Frenzy

http://www.sdsoftware.org/default.asp?id=5929

Polarman, Jul 3, 2018
  3. Boson Vector Win User
    font weight issue

lumia 635 wp 8.1 with update; when browsing a web page the font weight keeps changing - bold to medium to light randomly for no apparent reason whatsoever. Very irritating and when light hard to read in particularly outdoors. ldeas? B

Boson Vector, Jul 3, 2018
  4. Orerockon Win User

Excel change default comment font weight

In Excel 2010 the default comment font has been bold for me for as long as I can remember (even in a fresh install in Win 10). In this post Title Bar Text Size - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums The common fix of changing the tooltip font works for the font size but not the font weight. I have used Kutools to change all comments to regular weight in the past but it's unstable in Win 10 and causes problems with other software. I know that I can type a character, hit ctrl-B and get the next character to regular weight but then I have to go back and delete the first character. Hitting ctrl-b immediately doesn't work. Obviously this is clunky and time wasting. Using Kutools tools in the past it changes the font weight for the entire comment, including the bold commentor name. I want it to function like I see in any example I can find, which always was the commentor name in bold and the rest of the comment regular weight. As far as I remember that was the case in every version of Excel I used before 2010.

Orerockon, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs - Similar Threads - Font Manager Combines

2. How do I get to the fonts on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get to the fonts on Windows 10?: I've searched everywhere, and can't find the folder. I hoped that I could get an answer from Get Help, but nothing. I read some articles here and didn't find any help....
  3. Cannot Print Documents with Trajan Pro or Devanagari Fonts - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Print Documents with Trajan Pro or Devanagari Fonts - Windows 10: This issue started 7/19/2018. I cannot print a document from Word 2013, One Note, or Email that contains the Trajan Pro or Devanagari fonts. It appears to be isolated to my machine. I can print from my Surface Pro 4 using the fonts and from another network connected computer...
  4. How to Hide Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Hide Fonts: Microsoft help documents state that if you hide installed fonts, they won't show up in programs anymore. However, I have hid many of the fonts, especially the foreign language fonts and they still show up in programs like Microsoft Word. How do I get them to stop showing up...
  5. SUDDEN INSTALLED FONTS PROBLEMS WINDOWS 10

SUDDEN INSTALLED FONTS PROBLEMS WINDOWS 10: Hi! 2 days ago I was working on an Excel spreadsheet and sent to print, but it didn't print at all. I discovered that some fonts that I have downloaded from dafont.com or fontsquirrel aren't printing in any Office 2016 app or even in Adobe Illustator or pdfs. I have tried...
  6. Why wont my fonts work? how do i retrieve old fonts for all my programs?

Why wont my fonts work? how do i retrieve old fonts for all my programs?: So recently I had to reset my computer and it removed a few fonts from 3d builder and the computer itself and these I know for sure are default fonts. I do not remember the names of these fonts but I used them in 3d Builder, another issue I am having is that the fonts are...
  7. Font difference in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Font difference in windows 10: Hi, I am working on this company's website https://www.autoloansolutions.ca. The font looks different while viewing it on any browser on Windows 10. Is it the issue with the website or the system? Everything is fine Mac and mobile devices....
  8. I want larger font on all displays on my new computer

I want larger font on all displays on my new computer: How do I set larger font size for all displays on my computer?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/i-want-larger-font-on-all-displays-on-my-new/90940dec-c89c-4d94-88d9-7c0bb181f552
  9. Windows 10: Display Font size is too big

Windows 10: Display Font size is too big: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS. The fonts and text on my display and in the menu bar of my main apps is suddenly too large. They overlap each other making them hard to read and take up alot of screen space. The section of the display settings where you used to be...
  10. How to reverse font size to original font in Windows 10?

How to reverse font size to original font in Windows 10?: I changed my font to segoe and didn't like it. How can I reverse the change? I tried going to control panel and clicking "restore default font" and it didn't work. Thank you!...