Windows 10: Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs

Discus and support Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For example, when I download Lato, it comes with Lato Regular, Lato Bold, Lato Italics, etc. After I install them and open Microsoft Word, Lato appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CerebralFreeze, Jul 3, 2018.

1. CerebralFreeze Win User

Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs

For example, when I download Lato, it comes with Lato Regular, Lato Bold, Lato Italics, etc. After I install them and open Microsoft Word, Lato appears as Lato Regular, Lato Bold, Lato, Italics, etc.

Is it possible for the font to just appear at Lato in Microsoft's font menu?

And when I select words to bold, the usual process is press Control + B. That will bolden Lato but that is different than Lato Bold. To use the Lato Bold weight, I have to go through the font menu and actually select Lato Bold instead of simply Control + B.

Lato Bold is actually quite different than Lato that is boldened. Lato Bold looks much better.

Is it possible to press Control + B and instead of boldening the regular Lato font weight, it will actually select Lato Bold instead?

Or not a single person programmed something to fix this? ie. Not a single 3rd party font manager program remedied this annoying feature?

:)

CerebralFreeze, Jul 3, 2018
  2. Polarman Win User

Font Manager

I remember using Adobe's Type Manager a long time ago to manage fonts on my old Win98 machine. It's not very convenient to have 1000+ fonts installed all the time. Having a font manager can help with keep things organized.

I was curious about finding something similar since Type Manager is no longer made. I found these 2 (Freebie) software that are pretty neat. *Smile Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs :)

AMP Font Viewer 3.86

AMP Font Viewer - Complete font manager: view, organize, install, delete and print fonts lists (TrueType, OpenType and Type 1) - AMPsoft

Font Frenzy

http://www.sdsoftware.org/default.asp?id=5929

Polarman, Jul 3, 2018
  3. Boson Vector Win User
    font weight issue

lumia 635 wp 8.1 with update; when browsing a web page the font weight keeps changing - bold to medium to light randomly for no apparent reason whatsoever. Very irritating and when light hard to read in particularly outdoors. ldeas? B

Boson Vector, Jul 3, 2018
  4. Orerockon Win User

Excel change default comment font weight

In Excel 2010 the default comment font has been bold for me for as long as I can remember (even in a fresh install in Win 10). In this post Title Bar Text Size - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums The common fix of changing the tooltip font works for the font size but not the font weight. I have used Kutools to change all comments to regular weight in the past but it's unstable in Win 10 and causes problems with other software. I know that I can type a character, hit ctrl-B and get the next character to regular weight but then I have to go back and delete the first character. Hitting ctrl-b immediately doesn't work. Obviously this is clunky and time wasting. Using Kutools tools in the past it changes the font weight for the entire comment, including the bold commentor name. I want it to function like I see in any example I can find, which always was the commentor name in bold and the rest of the comment regular weight. As far as I remember that was the case in every version of Excel I used before 2010.

Orerockon, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Font Manager that Combines Weights in Programs - Similar Threads - Font Manager Combines

2. Excel change default comment font weight

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel change default comment font weight: In Excel 2010 the default comment font has been bold for me for as long as I can remember (even in a fresh install in Win 10). In this post Title Bar Text Size - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums The common fix of changing the tooltip font works for the font size but...
  3. Combining multiple program windows into a single window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Combining multiple program windows into a single window?: I have six command prompt windows which I'd like to be able to divide equally across my monitor and also maximise and minimise as a single window; is that possible? 103443
  4. Program Management

Program Management: Hello I am from Denmark and I upgraded yesterday,perhaps i am a total idiot but how do you uinstall a program in windows 10,please help.*Redface 25685
  5. Drive management help - Combining two non-adjacent Unallocated blocks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive management help - Combining two non-adjacent Unallocated blocks: I deleted two old recovery partitions and I'm trying to figure out some way I can combine the two blocks and merge them with my C: partition if possible. Any help would be appreciated Screenshot: https://i.gyazo.com/8c96504f7ab41abd...bac95d8490.png 104467
  6. what is best free program to combine mp3s in windows 10?

what is best free program to combine mp3s in windows 10?: A few year ago I used mp3 wrap but the one on my computer doesn't work any more. What do you think is the best way to go? I have 17 mp3s that I would like to make into one. 97246
  7. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs: I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just...
  8. Quickbar Stop Combining Icon With Program Window

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Quickbar Stop Combining Icon With Program Window: Hey all, Recently downgraded to windows ten (didn't have a choice in the matter). Getting really annoyed that my quicklinks will only open one instance of the program I want, then the newly opened program window will take over that quicklink. Gone, it seems, are the days I...
  9. Fonts not Found in programs, but placeholders are in the list

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts not Found in programs, but placeholders are in the list: Good morning, My mum has recently stepped into an interesting problem. She has had many run ins with viruses and her computer has been restored many times. She runs a stenciling business, and uses her PC to design and cut the stencils she uses. As such, she has a huge...
  10. Combination of problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Combination of problems: Hi there. To start from the begining... Had an issue with PC few months ago, some really helpful guy,via other forum, told me my HDD is dying and it needs to be replaced. It can last 2 days or 2 years - was his words. I didnt change HDD and PC was working fine after a...