Windows 10: Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam

Discus and support Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey all, loving Windows 10 so far *Biggrin, however, i do have 1 issue at the moment Please see the attached image, this font is also used in Steam... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by thepspgamer, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam

Hey all, loving Windows 10 so far *Biggrin, however, i do have 1 issue at the moment

Please see the attached image, this font is also used in Steam in the store. All of the items listed are in this font, making it very hard to read.

Anyone have any idea how you change this, as its the only thing stopping me from using Edge over Firefox right now, and its making Steam a bit of a chore to use, and im struggling to read anything..

Thanks in advance *Smile

https://i.imgur.com/dNwDVby.png

:)

thepspgamer, Aug 1, 2015

2. Win 10 fonts jagged and thin

Hello everyone. I have this problem that i seriously have never heard about/seen before. I can't seem to find someone with the exact same problem aswell. The thing is; suddently som day while doing what i always do on my computer (play games, facebook or
    just being on Microsoft edge etc.), my fonts got edgy and thin, and had more space between them. This looks extremely ugly and is also very annoying sometimes. At that time i thought it was just some temporary glitch in Microsoft edge. So i restarted my computer,
    but it was still there. There i didn't really know what to do, so i kinda just ignored it (actually, the font looks like a halloween font, so i thought that might just be Microsoft messing with us). Now, i realized its not only in Microsoft edge, its also
    in other programs (internet explorer and steam etc.).

So now i decided to make a post about it. I hope you can help and here is some screenshots;

This is steam; you can see how much space there is between some of the letters (which is not supposed to be like that in Danish either):

Screenshot - 26938e38f67a3a74ef4d66fde5147280 - Gyazo

Microsoft edge; it's a bit harder to see because of the image quality, but it's also really bad there:

Screenshot - 8dded4645c70ae9fed19636446e9d077 - Gyazo

Internet explorer, not as bad as the others, but still annoying:

Screenshot - 41a9e74eb7a088055d136e2a56d91314 - Gyazo

Best regards;

Tor jakobsen, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Too large Edge Fonts After Anniversary update on Lumia 540

I'm with Julian Sidney on this - the point is the Edge font size is out of kilter with the size of text elsewhere on the system.

To get Edge to a sensible size to read, everything else goe awkwardly small.

This wasn't a problem before, it's been messed up.

NickWoodNW, Aug 1, 2015
  4. zhudavid Win User

Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam

Try to delete the font cache files located in this folder:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local
    Delete all files with FontCache in it, and then restart to see if that solves the problem.

zhudavid, Aug 11, 2015
  5. I'm Having The Same Issue. Just tried Your Solution Didn't Work.

alphaBatman94, Aug 23, 2015
  6. Tonyb Win User
    search for adjust cleartype text and adjust it to your eyes *Smile i had to do this and it fixed my issues, windows 10 comes with it preinstalled so just use the search bar or cortana to search for that exact name.

Tonyb, Aug 23, 2015
  7. Just tried that. it didn't work. *Sad

8. Tonyb Win User

HUH very strange i have to say i'm baffled as mine looked like that and when i adjusted cleartype it straightened out, maybe something got corrupted, with your install or fonts, did it look like this when you first installed it, or did it take a while to show up?. if it looked like this first off then something is corrupted with your fonts and might need a repair install, or refresh somehow of your fonts. maybe someone on here will know how to refresh your fonts.

Tonyb, Aug 23, 2015
  9. It Happened After I Tried to Fix My Start Menu Using Windows Shell

10. Tonyb Win User
    sounds like it messed it up, i would refresh to before u did it and see if it is better.

Tonyb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam - Similar Threads - Font messed Microsoft

2. Microsoft store and how I messed up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store and how I messed up: Hello, recently I wanted to clean a bit my computer and I tried to move "Users" folder from C:/ to D:/ which resulted to have been a really bad idea. Many programs crashed, I lost many files but I managed to move the folder back andrescue most of the things. Unfortunately...
  3. Windows font and sizes messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows font and sizes messed up: A lot of default font and size settings are messed up for me. The default font appears very skinny, the size is tiny, scroll bars are suddenly so thin you can barely see them and the window title bar size is tiny (probably due to the lower font size). I'm a developer myself...
  4. Update messed up onedrive, edge, and windows search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed up onedrive, edge, and windows search: Windows 10 18362.295 just got auto updated onto my workstation. Now, onedrive doesn't sync, I can't type anything into edge, and I can't type anything into the start search menu. What should I do?...
  5. disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge: Does anyone know how to disable font-smoothing in MS Edge? The system-wide setting doesnt work. 10692
  6. Link mess – Microsoft Edge vs. Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    Link mess – Microsoft Edge vs. Chrome?: This just started. I have put a link in a word doc. I have made Chrome default browser, both in chrome and the computer. When I try to open the link I get a popup which I can’t take a screenshot of. It says: “How do you want to open this website? Use an app, use the default...
  7. Font changing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Font changing in Microsoft Edge: I got my new PC yesterday, and it came installed with Windows 10 on it. I noticed the new browser, Microsoft edge. I think its fantastic, however this morning when I restarted my computer something changed in the font. It had changed from the old, regular font to a new,...
  8. Command prompt font messed up after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt font messed up after Anniversary Update: Hi, I have installed the Anniversary Update a couple days ago. Everything went fine and I faced no problem at all. However, my command prompt font was changed to SimSum-ExtB (the font which often found on Chinese product). I right-clicked on the title bar > Properties and...
  9. FONTS, messed up tabs in some software

in Windows 10 Support
    FONTS, messed up tabs in some software: Hello, after upgrade to win10 I started a Video Editor (Studio) and noticed that a Title I made on win8.1, was not showing the right Font; I checked and during the upgrade it deleted some of my installed fonts I had in 8.1. I copied all the fonts I had on 8.1 on a folder,...
  10. Speed up page load with WOFF 2.0 fonts in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Speed up page load with WOFF 2.0 fonts in Microsoft Edge: Starting in EdgeHTML 14, Microsoft Edge supports WOFF 2.0 fonts — a new format that reduces the size of a font file by more than 30%, helping web pages load faster. This feature is available to preview in Windows Insider Preview build 14316, and is coming to stable builds...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. messed up text in microsoft edge

2. edge font messed up