Windows 10: Font on some programs appearing pixelated after SSMS update and windows restart

Discus and support Font on some programs appearing pixelated after SSMS update and windows restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just updated Sql Server Management Studio and restarted my computer and now my fonts on certain programs are different/pixelated. I am not sure what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 40alpha, Aug 22, 2018.

1. 40alpha Win User

Font on some programs appearing pixelated after SSMS update and windows restart

I just updated Sql Server Management Studio and restarted my computer and now my fonts on certain programs are different/pixelated. I am not sure what happened... I restarted the computer several times, restored default font, changed region and changed it back, uninstalled SSMS, adjusted clear typetext option, not sure what else to do.

Has anyone run into this? Windows Explorer and Visual studio (etc) font is fine but Google Chrome, One Note (etc) font is very hard to read, example when I search hi on google:

Font on some programs appearing pixelated after SSMS update and windows restart e4a7c1b3-50d7-4c01-8abe-682e14c93f1d?upload=true.jpg

[Moved from : Windows 10 / Windows settings]

:)

40alpha, Aug 22, 2018
  2. lgentry Win User

Font pixelated in WLM message list

I've got an issue that is not earth shattering but is driving me nuts. I've used Windows Live Mail for years. Attached are 2 screenshots of my WLM message list-the first is WLM in Windows 8.1, the second is WLM in Windows 10. As you can see the font for "read" messages in Windows 10 appears quite dim and pixelated whereas in 8.1 it looks fine. Back in the Windows 7 days the appearance of "read" messages was easily controlled by changing font/color under "disabled items" but with all the restrictions in Windows 10 I can no longer find that option. Can anyone tell me how I can get WLM in 10 to look like 8.1? I've poked around in the registry comparing everything but nothing I've changed makes any difference. Has anyone got any ideas?

Font on some programs appearing pixelated after SSMS update and windows restart [​IMG]

Font on some programs appearing pixelated after SSMS update and windows restart [​IMG]

lgentry, Aug 22, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Font on some programs appearing pixelated after SSMS update and windows restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Font on some programs appearing pixelated after SSMS update and windows restart

Fonts are pixelated

I've recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10.

Although, I am very happy there is one problem :

the Settings fonts and Windows Edge fonts are shown a bit pixelated compared to fonts e.g. in Chrome.

Could you please help?

AthanasiosValsamakis, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Font on some programs appearing pixelated after SSMS update and windows restart

1. Font on some programs appearing pixelated after SSMS update and windows restart - Similar Threads - Font programs appearing

2. Fonts not appearing on old programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fonts not appearing on old programs: This is a problem that has been bugging me for a few years. Whenever running an old program, the fonts don't appear. I don't have this problem with any app or program made recently, we're talking like old InstallShield installers and things like that.Here's me installing a...
  3. Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated

Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated: Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-fonts-in-any-browser-appears-pixelated/f0ae24b4-348d-45e3-8cce-36c0b5d92199
  4. Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated: Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-fonts-in-any-browser-appears-pixelated/f0ae24b4-348d-45e3-8cce-36c0b5d92199
  5. Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Font looks pixelated in many programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font looks pixelated in many programs: Here's an example of the pixelated font Shotcut Another example VirtualBoxAnother example Windows taskbarIs there a way to fix this? The font I saw on other people's programs isn't like this.I've tried ClearType before, and it didn't work....
  7. Font looks pixelated in many programs

Font looks pixelated in many programs: Here's an example of the pixelated font Shotcut Another example VirtualBoxAnother example Windows taskbarIs there a way to fix this? The font I saw on other people's programs isn't like this.I've tried ClearType before, and it didn't work....
  8. Windows 10 font appears pixelated after Microsoft tech windows adjustments.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 font appears pixelated after Microsoft tech windows adjustments.: Hi Guys, I recently had issues with Word, and Microsoft techs spent over 6 hours trying to fix the problem. This involved a lot of screen sharing and rebooting, and they found a temporary fix. However, I am now sitting with weird small, squished and pixellated font...
  9. Some apps appear all pixelated

in Windows 10 Support
    Some apps appear all pixelated: Hello everyone. Here's my problem in a simple screenshot : [ATTACH] I have the same issue with the small Skype window that pops up when you reduce the app (no screenshot yet). I'm running W10 Pro 1709 at 1920x1080, DPI scaling at 100% As you can see icons and most text...
  10. Font on some programs appearing pixelated after SSMS update and windows restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font on some programs appearing pixelated after SSMS update and windows restart: I just updated Sql Server Management Studio and restarted my computer and now my fonts on certain programs are different/pixelated. I am not sure what happened... I restarted the computer several times, restored default font, changed region and changed it back, uninstalled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows start menu looks pixelated after installing new edge