Windows 10: Font scaling issues are back after the recent update!

Discus and support Font scaling issues are back after the recent update! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I remember correctly, the scaling issues with non-high-DPI-aware Windows applications being displayed as "blurry" were fixed in 1511 update (or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AndreyT, Jun 17, 2016.

1. AndreyT Win User

Font scaling issues are back after the recent update!

If I remember correctly, the scaling issues with non-high-DPI-aware Windows applications being displayed as "blurry" were fixed in 1511 update (or around that time). My laptop has been set for 200% scaling and everything was working perfectly since 1511.

The recent update broke all that. Most of built-in MSC applets (EventViewer, ComputerManagement etc.) are now displayed with pixelated text and some other programs (WinMerge, for example) are also displaying pixelated text under 200% scaling. This began after the most recent update.

Font scaling issues are back after the recent update! [​IMG]

It seems to look different from what we saw before, though. Before 1511 everything was displayed "fuzzy" (i.e scaled and then smoothed), now it appears that there's no smoothing, just straight scaling.

So, what's going on? Why does Microsoft keep breaking their scaling? Is there a new setting/option to change here to get back to normal behavior?

:)

AndreyT, Jun 17, 2016
  2. RonKropp Win User

Windows 10 updates are causing font and graphics scaling issues

Update for this issue.

No new Windows updates on my laptop, since posting this scaling problem.

Toggling Windows font size and display resolution, appeared to fix the issue.

Now, this morning, after a startup, the scaling issue is back.

I toggled the Windows font and resolution, signed out, logged in, and the problem is fixed again.

My PC was turned off last night. The problem appears to be intermittent, and it occurs during startup.

Could be Related to this legacy issue:

Under Power Options, "fast startup is enabled".

In 2016-2017 "fast startup" was causing an issue where many laptops could not be turned off, during a normal shutdown. Holding the power button was the only way to shutdown. Disabling "fast startup" was a temporary fix.

After the recent updates, my laptop is now configured for "fast startup" again.

RonKropp, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Live tiles not updating/working after upgrade to Windows 10.

My tiles started updating after I went to a standard font scaling setting. Using a custom font scaling setting for some reason prevented my tiles from updating.

spongebob257, Jun 17, 2016
  4. AndreyT Win User

Here is "before" and "after" pictures from a computer that was just updated. The machine is set up for 125% scaling.

Before:

After:

My previous comment about the nature of the scaling being different is incorrect. The problem actually looks the same as it looked before 1511 update.

AndreyT, Jun 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Font scaling issues are back after the recent update! - Similar Threads - Font scaling issues

2. Keyboard issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard issues after recent update: After an update the other day, the following keys stopped functioning: / Z 4 I thought it would be strange if it was water damage or dirt considering I don't eat or drink near it, and it stays in the same spot. Also the fact the position of those keys are spread out, is a bit...
  3. Keyboard issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard issues after recent update: After an update the other day, the following keys stopped functioning: / Z 4 I thought it would be strange if it was water damage or dirt considering I don't eat or drink near it, and it stays in the same spot. Also the fact the position of those keys are spread out, is a bit...
  4. Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update: After last nights windows update, my Taskbar was changed to the color white and the font of the clock was changed to black. I switched the taskbar back to dark grey because it's less distracting but now the font on the clock is black and it's difficult to read the time. When...
  5. Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update

Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update: After last nights windows update, my Taskbar was changed to the color white and the font of the clock was changed to black. I switched the taskbar back to dark grey because it's less distracting but now the font on the clock is black and it's difficult to read the time. When...
  6. issues after recent update

issues after recent update: yes after the latest up date it has messed with my customization everything is white and I can not access the colors page because everything is frozen and things do not load up. I do not know if all of this has also affected the loading of my face book my groups do not load...
  7. Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update

Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update: I always keep my Acer Spin updated and on Friday Oct 23 I loaded 20H2 on my up to date device. The update seemed to go well and my device seems to be working properly. My issue is primarily on the Start Screen with the tiles. It has gone to Gray Scale and I can't get it back....
  8. Audio Issues After Recent Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Issues After Recent Updates: So I am using my surface pro docking station to run my speaker on and several times each day the Audio goes silent. I have ran the troubleshooter, restarted the services several times and always still have to restart my unit. I have even tried uninstalling the driver and...
  9. Issues after recent Windows update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues after recent Windows update: mem mgnmt has stuffed its head up laptops butt and is effing ransomware! Micr$not has in wind hose 10 achieved a new high for releasing bughouse untested ****. This of course means millions of users switching to anything else. Personally shorting your stock and looking...
  10. After 17692 update, desktop font not scaling

After 17692 update, desktop font not scaling: After Insider Preview 17692 installed, my desktop font will not scale. This appears to effect the desktop, any system prompts and non windows store apps, like chrome. You can see here the menu of the file explorer is sized....but the text INSIDE is not. [ATTACH] You can...