Windows 10: Font size in files and folders explorer

Discus and support Font size in files and folders explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, How can I resize the text in windows explorer - files and folders, the fonts are so small I can hardly see them with my eyeglasses. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Font size in files and folders explorer

Hello,
    How can I resize the text in windows explorer - files and folders, the fonts are so small I can hardly see them with my eyeglasses.
    Please help.
    Thanks
    And thanks for all previous answers

:)

Motim, Apr 30, 2016
  2. scribe07 Win User

Font size on windows 10 desktop displays

That solution increases font and icon size for everything, what if one just wants to increase the font size for the text displayed in Windows Explorer, i.e. the list of one's files and folders ? It should be trivial to do that, but I can't find a way.

scribe07, Apr 30, 2016
  3. Sudden increase in Font size everywhere

The font size of icons as well as font size of everything in the file explorer increased suddenly. Its at 100% scaling, but still is larger than usual. I also tried custom scaling
    but did not work. The font size in the Apps window, start and tiles is proper but the font size of icon text, folders titles, disc names etc. is bigger than usual. please help

SumitKulkarni, Apr 30, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

If you are using a mouse with a wheel at the top , press Ctrl key and HOLD > roll the wheel...........

Clockwise is to decrease font/text size.
    Counterclockwise is to increase.

davidhk, Apr 30, 2016
  5. msny Win User
    Very nice, TY.

6. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 30, 2016
  7. Motim Win User
    Hello
    Yes, I did 'control' + whell mouse - it only changes the view, it opens each line separatly and enlarges only the icons, text stays same size.
    Thanks anyway
    Now I am trying to get back some color to the windows, no luck yet.

Motim, May 1, 2016
  8. Fabler Win User

Try control panel, display, there you can change the text size for Title bars and others.

Fabler, May 1, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    I don't know what or how you did.

Here are my 2 screenshots. 1st one is before using the mouse wheel. 2nd one is after increasing the overall size using the mouse wheel.

Font size in files and folders explorer [​IMG]

davidhk, May 1, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Left click at Start button > left side, click Settings > click System > right side, move the slider to the right to change the text size.

davidhk, May 1, 2016
  11. CTRL+Mouse Wheel works great, even inside explorer.exe

But how can I adjust the space between the lines (between folders and between files)?
    On the left side (folder view) the space between the folders is OK.
    On the right side, the gap seems to small for my taste.

Do you know any possibility to adjust this?

WTenNewbie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Font size in files and folders explorer - Similar Threads - Font size files

2. Font folder's size in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font folder's size in windows: I have the problem that my c: drive becomes very full with only about 7 Gb free free space. I discovered that the font folder in the windows folder is about 21 gb and I want to install the fonts as short cuts. So I made a copy 0of the fonts folder on the D: drive and deleted...
  3. Font folder's size in windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font folder's size in windows: I have the problem that my c: drive becomes very full with only about 7 Gb free free space. I discovered that the font folder in the windows folder is about 21 gb and I want to install the fonts as short cuts. So I made a copy 0of the fonts folder on the D: drive and deleted...
  4. Font folder's size in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  6. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  7. Font Size Problem in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font Size Problem in File Explorer: When is Microsoft going to fix the tiny font size problem in File Explorer? This is ridiculous and frustrating! How many millions of users need to complain before "you guys" listen and fix this very annoying problem?...
  8. Change size of fonts in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of fonts in file explorer: I've red all the tutorials and post that I could find about changing font size in files explorer but I think some settings have changed in newer versions of Win 10. for example it says to do the following to change font size. [img] However as you can see in my version if...
  9. File Explorer menu bar font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer menu bar font size: How to increase the size of File Explorer menubar font, mine looks like size 4? [img] 152148
  10. Font size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Font size in File Explorer: How can I increase the font size in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-in-file-explorer/ea1def19-1e9e-406e-bb9e-61defda02b64"