Windows 10: Fonts Will Not Uninstall

Discus and support Fonts Will Not Uninstall in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Adobe Photoshop is so slow that it is unusable and i am 90% sure it is because i have a lot of fonts. So i deleted them from my windows font folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billybag, Dec 12, 2016.

1. billybag Win User

Fonts Will Not Uninstall

Adobe Photoshop is so slow that it is unusable and i am 90% sure it is because i have a lot of fonts. So i deleted them from my windows font folder.

But they refuse to go away. the fonts still appear and are still usable in gIMP and Photoshop.

So deleted every single font that windows would allow and still no change.

i used CCclean and made sure to tick the font cache option.

still nothing. i have restarted my computer several times and nothing.

What is going on?

UPDATE: Using XNVIEW, i went into the windows Fonts folder and deleted all the fonts that were still there, but hidden from me when using Window's explorer to view them (it automatically opens up in that Fonts control panel thing). I deleted the fonts, again. gIMP and FontBase no longer include the uninstalled fonts.

Photoshop does, however. So, i am not marking this as solved.

:)

billybag, Dec 12, 2016

2. Right Click Menu Missing Arrows Windows 10

It's definately a missing font. I have the same fault after uninstalling a lot of fonts (as Adobe told me, because the font handling there is worse since CC2018 update), and now it's missing. Of course I didn't note what I uninstalled Fonts Will Not Uninstall ;) We'd just need
    to know what font that is to fix it...

LarsOeschey, Dec 12, 2016
  3. RebaS Win User
    Fonts are automatically uninstalled after the updates on Windows 10

Every time Windows does an automatic update it uninstalls the fonts I love and want. How do I keep from having to reinstall fonts practically on a weekly basis?! This is SO ANNOYING.

Original title: Fonts uninstalled

RebaS, Dec 12, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Fonts Will Not Uninstall

spunk, Dec 12, 2016
  5. billybag Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I have already assigned scratch disk to a different drive.
    The fonts are system protected fonts, they are fonts i have downloaded. i have a lot of them. almost 3000 i think. i deleted them all. i think i have like 45 fonts left in my font folder. they are still appearing in Photoshop and gIMP.

why?

billybag, Dec 12, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Did you look at the link for Deleting Fonts in post #2? it suggests going into the Windows Registry to delete them there

spunk, Dec 12, 2016
  7. billybag Win User
    Yeah. The registry is clean too. Just the bare minimum like the fonts folder.

Fonts Will Not Uninstall [​IMG]

billybag, Dec 12, 2016
  8. billybag Win User

Fonts Will Not Uninstall

i DL'd NexusFont and Fontbase. NexusFont reports only 45 fonts installed, as it should. However, Fontbase reports all the fonts that i had previously. i have no idea where Fontbase, Photoshop, and gIMP are getting there information.

UPDATE: Opened fonts folder with XNVIEW and what-do-you-know. The files are still loading/being counted, but over 500 so far. i have no idea what they are or why they are there. But they are

thanks for the help and i will update my OP once i delete these files and no for sure it will fix it.

billybag, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fonts Will Not Uninstall

1. Fonts Will Not Uninstall - Similar Threads - Fonts Uninstall

2. Uninstalling fonts I have installed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling fonts I have installed.: Is there a way of identifying system fonts like a list maybe? I don't delete them when I uninstall other fonts I have installed. And I definitely don't want to reformat my computer just for that. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated....
  3. Uninstalling fonts I have installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling fonts I have installed.: Is there a way of identifying system fonts like a list maybe? I don't delete them when I uninstall other fonts I have installed. And I definitely don't want to reformat my computer just for that. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated....
  4. Uninstalling fonts I have installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows keeps uninstalling fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps uninstalling fonts: I want to use the JetBrains font for my terminal. It's at https://www.nerdfonts.com/font-downloadsWhat happens:Whenever I shut down and reopen my pc and open the terminal, this error message pops up: Unable to find the selected font 'JetBrainsMono Nerd Font' Consolas has been...
  6. Windows keeps uninstalling fonts

Windows keeps uninstalling fonts: I want to use the JetBrains font for my terminal. It's at https://www.nerdfonts.com/font-downloadsWhat happens:Whenever I shut down and reopen my pc and open the terminal, this error message pops up: Unable to find the selected font 'JetBrainsMono Nerd Font' Consolas has been...
  7. Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts: If I uninstall a software does that also uninstall its related fonts or only software will be uninstalled?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you...
  8. Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts

Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts: If I uninstall a software does that also uninstall its related fonts or only software will be uninstalled?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you...
  9. Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Is uninstalling fonts that you’ve downloaded before safe?

Is uninstalling fonts that you’ve downloaded before safe?: I know that uninstalling some fonts can cause search and settings functions not able to open, and icons on the taskbar turning into squares. But is it safe to uninstall the fonts you’ve installed because they weren’t there before?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall fonts not working windows 10