Windows 10: "For developers" option in Update & Security Settings not responding.

Discus and support "For developers" option in Update & Security Settings not responding. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to open or view the "For developers" option in update & security settings after updating the version of my windows to 1803 from 1809.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vivek A.R, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Vivek A.R Win User

"For developers" option in Update & Security Settings not responding.

Hi,

I am unable to open or view the "For developers" option in update & security settings after updating the version of my windows to 1803 from 1809. I have encountered the problem only after the update and i had no problem before it.

Looking forward to a solution.

Please help & thanks.

:)

Vivek A.R, Aug 25, 2018

2. Windows 10 'Settings > Update & Security > For developers' Options Greyed Out

Hello Shawaj,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the latest updates in Windows 10 which helps the PC to make optimal use of Windows 10 capabilities as well as fixing any missing links in performance of the operating system.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Now, follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc /scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Let us know the results for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 25, 2018
  3. sperkiset Win User
    Settings - Update and Security page non-funtional

Microsoft People,

I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. When I go to settings then select "Update and Security," the options list is visable,

• Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
    • Backup
    • Recovery
    • Activation
    • Find My Device
    • For Developers
    but none of the options on this list are usable. NOTHING HAPPENS besides pausing momentary, and then it closes that settings window.

Thoughts, solutions issues.

sperkiset, Aug 25, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond "For developers" option in Update & Security Settings not responding. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

1. "For developers" option in Update & Security Settings not responding. - Similar Threads - developers option Update

2. Privacy and Security settings in windows 11 don't respond.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy and Security settings in windows 11 don't respond.: I'm unable to access my Privacy and security settings in windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-and-security-settings-in-windows-11-dont/7f710431-24d1-4ba6-bc86-9edecf80dbdf
  3. Privacy and Security settings in windows 11 don't respond.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privacy and Security settings in windows 11 don't respond.: I'm unable to access my Privacy and security settings in windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-and-security-settings-in-windows-11-dont/7f710431-24d1-4ba6-bc86-9edecf80dbdf
  4. Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...: Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option immediately close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-option-not-open-when-click-update/6d7fb3fb-12f5-44d8-93cf-ec1a9a0fe500
  5. Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...

Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...: Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option immediately close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-option-not-open-when-click-update/6d7fb3fb-12f5-44d8-93cf-ec1a9a0fe500
  6. Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Revert Privacy & security > For developers > PowerShell setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert Privacy & security > For developers > PowerShell setting: Hello there!While configuring windows terminal, I accidentally hit Apply button see screenshot. Do I understand correctly that it set unrestricted policy to PowerShell? Can I revert this setting and how to do so?...
  8. Revert Privacy & security > For developers > PowerShell setting

Revert Privacy & security > For developers > PowerShell setting: Hello there!While configuring windows terminal, I accidentally hit Apply button see screenshot. Do I understand correctly that it set unrestricted policy to PowerShell? Can I revert this setting and how to do so?...
  9. Windows Update in Settings not responding

Windows Update in Settings not responding: I have Windows 10 Pro, Versiuon 2004, OS Build 19041.508 When I go to Settings Windows Update, the page shows no information, only the heading. So for example I cannot check for updates, see what updates are pending nor can I View Update History. Usingservices.msc shows...
  10. Update and security settings

Update and security settings: (0x80070424) I have been getting this error for a couple of months now - I have tried everything that M/soft help asked of me. I have tried everything shown on You tube (I know - desperate!). There are no files in my software distribution / download folder I have...