Windows 10: For Geeks with Time !! OKULAR on Windows good PDF handler

Discus and support For Geeks with Time !! OKULAR on Windows good PDF handler in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there IMO one of the best PDF readers out there is OKULAR - it can handle things like epub (e-book format) etc etc and is far better than either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Aug 9, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

For Geeks with Time !! OKULAR on Windows good PDF handler

Hi there

IMO one of the best PDF readers out there is OKULAR - it can handle things like epub (e-book format) etc etc and is far better than either messing around with Adobe or having to use the wretched Ms Word or viewer in Edge.

Okular - well known on Linux (KDE desktop) is available for Windows --but you need a little knowledge to get it to run.

If you've got some time on your hands and want a little challenge well here goes then - these 2 links should start you off.

Okular - more than a reader

https://community.kde.org/Guidelines...source/Windows

Have fun !!!

BTW you can build other KDE apps to run on Windows too !! there's a load of good ones.

@ all geeks --don't get hooked into this stuff - it can be quite addictive.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 9, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Print alternate pages of a PDF document

There's no way to do it in Edge, which is not a good PDF handler. You can use a free third-party PDF reader such as Foxit Reader, or Adobe Reader (there are others)

JimWynne, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Can no longer view pdf in preview pane or as thumbnail

For a file to be previewed, a preview handler must be installed. There is no preview handler for pdf files installed with Windows 10, you need a 3rd party app.

If you install Adobe Reader DC, that includes a preview handler for pdf. When installed. it will take over opening the files as well, but you can revert back to your preferred viewer using
    Open with without losing the previews.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

For Geeks with Time !! OKULAR on Windows good PDF handler

1. For Geeks with Time !! OKULAR on Windows good PDF handler - Similar Threads - Geeks OKULAR PDF

2. Default PDF handler changes to Edge on every boot or login to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default PDF handler changes to Edge on every boot or login to Windows: Hi there,I have around 30 people in our org who since last week have started to see that Edge is defaulting to the be the default PDF handler over Adobe Acrobat whenever they boot the machine or log out and log back into Windows. Nothing has changed from us IT to cause this...
  3. Default PDF handler changes to Edge on every boot or login to Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default PDF handler changes to Edge on every boot or login to Windows: Hi there,I have around 30 people in our org who since last week have started to see that Edge is defaulting to the be the default PDF handler over Adobe Acrobat whenever they boot the machine or log out and log back into Windows. Nothing has changed from us IT to cause this...
  4. Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad: Hello, I just paid a lot of money $49 to renew my Webroot subscription. But I know Win 10 has Windows Defender. I want to know should I cancel the renewal w/ Webroot and just go with Defender? What's the difference between the two? Should I save my money? Opinions....
  5. Geek Tech, Geek Web

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Geek Tech, Geek Web: My laptop locked up tonight. There was a number to call which was supposedly "Windows". 1-800-866-5169. They told me it was a Trojan and after working on it for well over an hour they freed it up and then told me it would cost $249.99 and plus $249.99 they would cover the...
  6. OKULAR -- as well as PDF reader also handles epub etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OKULAR -- as well as PDF reader also handles epub etc: Hi folks While Calibre is really great for e-book management and copying to kindles -- OKULAR works brilliantly if you just want to read an EPUB e-book / PDF etc on a tablet / laptop. If you have a Linux Host or a VM just install OKULAR -- use your package manager to...
  7. All Geek to me !!!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    All Geek to me !!!!!!: Hi folks just a message please people -- when posting stuff don't do it like this : (Was looking to install Fedora IOT as a Virtual Machine on Windows) -- this is the sort of "rubbish spiel" in the basic documentation -- no idea what it means --good classic example of how...
  8. Brilliant Free pdf reader on Linux VM's (okular)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Brilliant Free pdf reader on Linux VM's (okular): Hi folks those of you using Linux VM's -there's an excellent Free pdf reader (works better than using built in reader in Edge on Windows) called OKULAR. Installs on most Linux distros. [img] Cheers jimbo 159670
  9. How to prevent Windows 10 to change my default PDF-handler?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent Windows 10 to change my default PDF-handler?: I'm using Windows 10 on three computers. After updating Windows, my default handler of PDF-files is changed to Edge. I want to use Acrobat Reader....
  10. Email Handler

in Browsers and Email
    Email Handler: When I click on a mailto link in a website, a screen appears asking me to choose which account to send an email from - Gmail or Outlook. How do I make it so that only Gmail is used by default, without the need to choose it every time 20587