Windows 10: for some reason i can't pin items to start menu screenshots

Discus and support for some reason i can't pin items to start menu screenshots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just when I tried to pin utorrent to the start menu it seems that it didn't work. Here you can see I have it selected to be pinned [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Jul 6, 2016.

1. ironfist Win User

for some reason i can't pin items to start menu screenshots

Just when I tried to pin utorrent to the start menu it seems that it didn't work.

Here you can see I have it selected to be pinned

for some reason i can't pin items to start menu screenshots [​IMG]

however here you can see it is not appearing in the start menu

I rebooted. This version of windows does not have the group policy editor.

Wait, it seems they are showing up by that menu. I wasn't trying to get the tiles, though, I want it to appear in that menu. Do I do that with a start file folder or something?

:)

ironfist, Jul 6, 2016

2. Start Menu doesn't update, items won't move

Hey

My start menu (the bit to the right when you click on Start with the squares) won't update when I "pin" items to it. I can move some things around but other items won't move. (for example the Samsung KIES tile won't move and can't be unpinned.

Other items that I pin don't appear.

If I reboot some the changes I make appear (but KIES won't move/disappear).

Is there some way to force it to refresh?

justabloke69, Jul 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 update

No error messages. I'm afraid I don't know how to do a screenshot. I don't use Firefox. Just, for some reason I can't pin sites after the upgrade.

TREVORHOLLOWAY, Jul 6, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Pin to start = Pin to the area where the tiles are.

I just installed it. During installation, it gives an option ....
    If it is checked, then it comes to the Start menu, here ..... at the top of all apps.
    If it is not there for you, perhaps you unchecked that option during installation. Re-install the program, and it will be there.

5. I've had weirdness like that in the past. It looks like it doesn't work. Reboot and they show up?

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. for some reason i can't pin items to start menu screenshots - Similar Threads - reason can't pin

2. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile: I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it disappeared. Now it is not giving me the option to move it there again, but it thinks it is already there but it is not. Can...
  3. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile: I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it disappeared. Now it is not giving me the option to move it there again, but it thinks it is already there but it is not. Can...
  4. Pinned items disappear in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned items disappear in start menu: I'm facing a problem recently. I pinned some softwares in start menu. But when I turned on my PC again, I saw that they are missing !!! I've pinned again and they disappeared again Would you like to tell me that what's the problem and how can I fix it?...
  5. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  6. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  7. Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible: I pinned Windows Update to my Start Menu. After some time, I noticed it was gone and tried to re-pin it. But when I right-clicked on the setting, all that showed up was "Unpin from Start." Selecting that option causes the dialog window to crash/close. As things stand, I...
  8. Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?: ....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured out a workaround for this...
  9. Problem with pinning items to start menu in win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with pinning items to start menu in win10: Hey guys. Lately Windows has started behaving really odd in the way it deals with pinning. It was fine when I first set up win10 but now it doesn't work properly. I want to see if I can resolve this as I really don't feel like wiping and installing everything again....
  10. Can't pin some items in Start Menu to Start Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin some items in Start Menu to Start Screen?: Any of the items under games in this screen shot will not pin to my Start Screen? They will pin to my taskbar though. It's windows 10 Enterprise if that matters. I can right click and select Pin to Start, but nothing happens. Right click again and Pin To Start is still listed...