Windows 10: For the second time this year regretably I have had a PC failure after a Windows 10 1803...

Discus and support For the second time this year regretably I have had a PC failure after a Windows 10 1803... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Repair fails every time at a D: Windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt file. Is it my PC that has a damaged file, or does Windows have another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BHovey, Aug 9, 2018.

1. BHovey Win User

For the second time this year regretably I have had a PC failure after a Windows 10 1803...

Repair fails every time at a D: Windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt file. Is it my PC that has a damaged file, or does Windows have another reason to disable my software and accessories

Is this issue pointing to a HDD hardware flaw, or could it be a software issue others have experienced? As it refers repeatedly to one 'address', 0x80070003, in a text file I thought it had no bearing on an executable but I am mistaken. I am told by MS that my HDD has a flaw . Is that correct?

Confess I moved the 2011 desktop pc recently and that could have had something to do with the problem. Should I consider going to Apple?

PS I did a reset from the Windows repair menu, and must now renew every software pkg including Office 365 as well as access to my old files. Call MS help before resetting and maybe locate a better way to restore Windows 10. Is it time to replace the 2011 HDD?

RSVP

Thanks,

BH

:)

BHovey, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 9, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

For the second time this year regretably I have had a PC failure after a Windows 10 1803...

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

1. For the second time this year regretably I have had a PC failure after a Windows 10 1803... - Similar Threads - second regretably failure

2. I have had a Windows 10 PC for a few years with all of my documents in the onedrive folder,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have had a Windows 10 PC for a few years with all of my documents in the onedrive folder,...: There are red Xs over all of my files. It says I'm over storage limit but I can't see what storage space I'm using. I have one large archive folder within documents that I have backed up on my local hard drive and on an external drive. This is about 20 GB and I want to delete...
  3. I have had a Windows 10 PC for a few years with all of my documents in the onedrive folder,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had a Windows 10 PC for a few years with all of my documents in the onedrive folder,...: There are red Xs over all of my files. It says I'm over storage limit but I can't see what storage space I'm using. I have one large archive folder within documents that I have backed up on my local hard drive and on an external drive. This is about 20 GB and I want to delete...
  4. I have had a Windows 10 PC for a few years with all of my documents in the onedrive folder,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. help i regret downloading windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help i regret downloading windows 10: i registered to download windows 10 but realised it wont run smooth bcs my pc is bad...and it downloaded i culdnt stop it.is there anyway to delete windows 10 files without loosing your programms and other stuff...it is laggy for me bcs of the files....
  6. i have had my computer for around a year now and i have had this same issue for a while it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have had my computer for around a year now and i have had this same issue for a while it...: Every time i load up a game my computer will freeze for a minute and then crash. I have clean wiped the computer and reset windows but the issue still keeps happening. There are many issues such as the Dwminit which is a warning, Kernal-power, and driverframworke-user-mode....
  7. I have had sound issues for over a year, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have had sound issues for over a year, help?: So my sound is so sporadic. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't work on start up, but 10 minutes in it works. It's usually just a thing where if it is not working I can do some basic things to get it going again, like sliding the...
  8. My addess book diapeaered. I have had Windows 10 for years.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My addess book diapeaered. I have had Windows 10 for years.: Can't find my Address Book/Contact list! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-addess-book-diapeaered-i-have-had-windows-10/55e23e20-c9ce-45ef-b51f-be52c9aea9c5
  9. For the second time this year regretably I have had a PC failure after a Windows 10 1803...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    For the second time this year regretably I have had a PC failure after a Windows 10 1803...: Repair fails every time at a D: Windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt file. Is it my PC that has a damaged file, or does Windows have another reason to disable my software and accessories Is this issue pointing to a HDD hardware flaw, or could it be a software issue...
  10. no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now: I turn the computer on and it shutdown within 2 hrs. So I decided to plug it up. I turn it back on. It said no battery detected... This the first time this happen... Can anyone help please thank you!...