Windows 10: For Those Who Blocked Auto Update - Please Read

Discus and support For Those Who Blocked Auto Update - Please Read in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I blocked Win 10 auto update by (1) selecting "Never install driver software from Win Update" in Driver Installation Setting, (2) using the "Show/Hide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChriskK, Feb 12, 2016.

1. ChriskK Win User

For Those Who Blocked Auto Update - Please Read

I blocked Win 10 auto update by (1) selecting "Never install driver software from Win Update" in Driver Installation Setting, (2) using the "Show/Hide Update" troubleshooter, and (3) setting my Wi-Fi connection as Metered. Yes, I hate auto updates *chuckle

So I see only critical updates (not driver updates) listed at Windows Updates waiting to be downloaded. HOWEVER, after reboot the Window Update shows "failed update entries" for those critical updates, and consequently the update history is filled with update failures.

My question is...."If you blocked auto update, do you also see failed update entries?" I just want to know if the problem I described above is a normal Win 10 behavior or if I'm doing something wrong. This is driving me crazy!

:)

ChriskK, Feb 12, 2016
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

cyan update for those who have enrolled to preview for developer

Does ?

Abi99 (2), Feb 12, 2016
  3. denim update for those who have enrolled to preview for developers

Directly go to Nokia care they directly update your phone to denim update.in 15 minutes. And don't download the update by wifi because if you your phone get update to cyan then to denim update this is very frustrating. So directly go to Nokia care to update because they contain file they put on our mobile and install it automatically in only 15min and also tell them to download the update by there wifi if they don't have file. If this is happen then wait for some days to get them file

MCCshreyas, Feb 12, 2016
Thema:

For Those Who Blocked Auto Update - Please Read

1. For Those Who Blocked Auto Update - Please Read - Similar Threads - Those Blocked Auto

2. Please Update Those Old Icons To Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Update Those Old Icons To Windows 11.: The Icons Are Just Incomplete & Old As I Should Expect, But You Need To Finish Updating The Old Icons To Fluent Ones Right Now Or It Will Might Be Get Old Now. Here's The Percentage Of It.accessibilitycpl.dll - Incomplete - Percentage: 0% aclui.dll - Incomplete - Percentage...
  3. Please Update Those Old Icons To Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Update Those Old Icons To Windows 11.: The Icons Are Just Incomplete & Old As I Should Expect, But You Need To Finish Updating The Old Icons To Fluent Ones Right Now Or It Will Might Be Get Old Now. Here's The Percentage Of It.accessibilitycpl.dll - Incomplete - Percentage: 0% aclui.dll - Incomplete - Percentage...
  4. Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them....: I grew very accustomed to using Tiles from the Start menu to organize my apps and access them Widgets are not a substitute, or an improvement. They cant' be organized the same way, and there's far too much stuff. Blah!I haven't got time for that, therefore I ignore it, and...
  5. Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them....: I grew very accustomed to using Tiles from the Start menu to organize my apps and access them Widgets are not a substitute, or an improvement. They cant' be organized the same way, and there's far too much stuff. Blah!I haven't got time for that, therefore I ignore it, and...
  6. for those who already bought Microsoft Precsition Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    for those who already bought Microsoft Precsition Mouse: I just wonder if I can program the thumb button in Microsoft precision mouse to move forward or backward by few second in Youtube for example? is it having that capability to be programmed that much? I haven't bought the mouse yet, so I couldn't check "Microsoft Mouse And...
  7. for those who cant open stuff in taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    for those who cant open stuff in taskbar: hit the windows button, it could help, it helped for me. the windows button is on the bottom left. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-those-who-cant-open-stuff-in-taskbar/7a236740-1b87-4122-91b6-975b5bfdb980
  8. What Happens To Those Of Us Who Can't Update Beyond 1709?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Happens To Those Of Us Who Can't Update Beyond 1709?: From Googling people like me there seem to be an awful lot who have tried every which way to install 1803 and then 1809 and no doubt 1903 will be the same. What did Microsoft do to the updates that made them so finicky? 132080
  9. Looking for those who have a 5.1 setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for those who have a 5.1 setup: I have a set of Z506 and I cant seem to get the two rear speakers to work. I double checked my work and still nothing. I already have windows setup to run in 5.1, and even there the two rears wont play a sound. HELP its driving me insane. I have a Z87 sabertooth. 30809
  10. For those who did not get the download...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    For those who did not get the download...: I was waiting (not so patiently) for Win10 to become available on my Windows 7 PC. I broke down last night and tried everything I could to get it to download. When all attempts came up blank and all I saw was "We will let you know when your download is ready"... or something...