Windows 10: For Those Who Blocked Auto Update - Please Read

Discus and support For Those Who Blocked Auto Update - Please Read in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I blocked Win 10 auto update by (1) selecting "Never install driver software from Win Update" in Driver Installation Setting, (2) using the "Show/Hide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChriskK, Feb 12, 2016.

1. ChriskK Win User

For Those Who Blocked Auto Update - Please Read

I blocked Win 10 auto update by (1) selecting "Never install driver software from Win Update" in Driver Installation Setting, (2) using the "Show/Hide Update" troubleshooter, and (3) setting my Wi-Fi connection as Metered. Yes, I hate auto updates *chuckle

So I see only critical updates (not driver updates) listed at Windows Updates waiting to be downloaded. HOWEVER, after reboot the Window Update shows "failed update entries" for those critical updates, and consequently the update history is filled with update failures.

My question is...."If you blocked auto update, do you also see failed update entries?" I just want to know if the problem I described above is a normal Win 10 behavior or if I'm doing something wrong. This is driving me crazy!

:)

ChriskK, Feb 12, 2016
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

cyan update for those who have enrolled to preview for developer

Does ?

Abi99 (2), Feb 12, 2016
  3. denim update for those who have enrolled to preview for developers

Directly go to Nokia care they directly update your phone to denim update.in 15 minutes. And don't download the update by wifi because if you your phone get update to cyan then to denim update this is very frustrating. So directly go to Nokia care to update because they contain file they put on our mobile and install it automatically in only 15min and also tell them to download the update by there wifi if they don't have file. If this is happen then wait for some days to get them file

MCCshreyas, Feb 12, 2016
Thema:

For Those Who Blocked Auto Update - Please Read

1. For Those Who Blocked Auto Update - Please Read - Similar Threads - Those Blocked Auto

2. For those who like dark themes -- Breeze Dark on Linux VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    For those who like dark themes -- Breeze Dark on Linux VM: Hi folks for those who like dark themes : Here's fedora 30 running as a VM with Breeze dark. [img] Now if I could replicate Windows itself to do similar !!! I'm sure there are plenty but haven't got the info. Anybody got any links for decent Windows dark themes I could...
  3. PLEASE READ!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PLEASE READ!!!: I got a pair of earbuds but when I put them in my jack isn't detecting it and it isn't popping up in the playback devices. I tried everything, I even factory reset to a fresh download of windows. PLEASE HELP ME OR I WILL BUY A MAC....
  4. What Happens To Those Of Us Who Can't Update Beyond 1709?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What Happens To Those Of Us Who Can't Update Beyond 1709?: From Googling people like me there seem to be an awful lot who have tried every which way to install 1803 and then 1809 and no doubt 1903 will be the same. What did Microsoft do to the updates that made them so finicky? 132080
  5. DaveM121 please read

DaveM121 please read: I am the person talking about the prosseccor cores but it won't let me respond on that post for some reason. Can you repaet the steps to change cores through win+r please....
  6. PLEASE READ

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PLEASE READ: I have this same virus happening on my Windows 10 like two or three time and NEVER STOPS. I don't download a lot of things, but it happens. It keeps on sending me notifications. It stopped now, but normally it would start up again and keep going. The sad part of this is even...
  7. Who can read enclosed error log?

Who can read enclosed error log?: Hello every1: Is anyone here able to read enclosed error log? It was created right after very long try to start my PC (a tad old) which I upgraded from Win7 Ultimate some time ago. I've done it in safe mode after about 45 minutes since computer was turned on and I couldn't...
  8. Looking for those who have a 5.1 setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for those who have a 5.1 setup: I have a set of Z506 and I cant seem to get the two rear speakers to work. I double checked my work and still nothing. I already have windows setup to run in 5.1, and even there the two rears wont play a sound. HELP its driving me insane. I have a Z87 sabertooth. 30809
  9. For those who have W7 keys but not the iso's - LEGAL Ms versions

For those who have W7 keys but not the iso's - LEGAL Ms versions: Hi there While W10 can still be installed as an update you might want to use W7 as a base system to update from. For those who have old Technet / Msdn / Retail W7 keys but not the iso's you can get them LEGALLY from here (note you Must have your own keys). These are the...
  10. For those who did not get the download...

For those who did not get the download...: I was waiting (not so patiently) for Win10 to become available on my Windows 7 PC. I broke down last night and tried everything I could to get it to download. When all attempts came up blank and all I saw was "We will let you know when your download is ready"... or something...