Windows 10: Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar?

Discus and support Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't think this is possible but I really wish it was. I am using custom 48x48 icons and of course they're being forced down to 32x32 and look bad.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NewYears1978, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar?

I don't think this is possible but I really wish it was. I am using custom 48x48 icons and of course they're being forced down to 32x32 and look bad.

One thing I hate in recent builds..and I haven't been able to find a solution, other than to use a dock rather than the windows Taskbar.

Hoping maybe there's a trick I am just not aware of Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar? :)

:)

NewYears1978, Aug 26, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 26, 2018
  3. X6205 Win User
    Taskbar scales down icons, using larger sizes and making them blurry

This ugliness and many other small things has me forced to return to Win8.1 which is pretier and much more polished. But i am afraid this will be not fixed, not because MS has incompetent artwork team, but because simply they not give a damn. If they would
    care, taskbar would be normal size like in 8.1 with properly scaled, sharp icons. Talking about icons, replacing remaining Vista Aero icons with new ones would propably bankrupt them Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar? :) Anyway not like i care anymore, mandatory driver updates in Win10 are
    showstopper for me..

X6205, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar?

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar?

1. Force 48x48 Icons (no scaling) Win10 Taskbar? - Similar Threads - Force 48x48 Icons

2. 125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar: Hello. I have an issue with icons on taskbar, when I launch some games with low resolution, after that the icons on taskbar looks very blurry. I have toggled "Let Windows try to fix app so they're not blurry", tried change DPI settings in compatibility section, didn't help....
  3. 125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar: Hello. I have an issue with icons on taskbar, when I launch some games with low resolution, after that the icons on taskbar looks very blurry. I have toggled "Let Windows try to fix app so they're not blurry", tried change DPI settings in compatibility section, didn't help....
  4. 125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?

Is it possible to change the win10 taskbar icon?: What it says on the tin, just wondering if it's possible and how. Windows 10 v20H2 172792
  6. Icon Images not scaling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon Images not scaling: I wanted to turn the size of my desktop icons larger, cause my desktop seemed a little small. But when I scale the icons to large, the images don't get larger, only the icon. A large white box appears around some of the icons and the pictures just stay small. It looks a...
  7. Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray?: [ATTACH] First off I have set the taskbar to the left side of my screen. Figure 1. Figure 1. taskbar set to the left 9 out of 10 times, the taskbar tray would have a scaling problem preventing the two rows of icons to be displayed side-by-side like it should be. Let me...
  8. Win10 Taskbar Expanding Icon Folder

Win10 Taskbar Expanding Icon Folder: Hey all - curious if anyone knows of a program that would allow you to create an expandable folder/list from an icon pinned to the taskbar that you could drop program shortcuts to. similar in functionality to mobile OS folders, hopefully with left-click functions. 140539
  9. Force (Resolution Scaling / Under Scaling) on games / apps possible ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force (Resolution Scaling / Under Scaling) on games / apps possible ?: So I lately discovered that Japanese game makers adopted an amazing trend in their games that is sometimes referred to as Resolution Scaling and sometimes as Under Scaling , the trend copies from Anti-aliasing but inversely , so instead of rendering at double+ res then...
  10. Icons not scaling correctly.

Icons not scaling correctly.: This is driving me bananas. I spent a lot of time finding and manually applying each of these icons. They're all 256x256 or 512x512 ico files. Sometimes they'll be normal, then they'll switch to being small with the outline, then I go back later and they're normal again....