Windows 10: Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized?

Discus and support Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a reg mod to Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized? I know how to change the properties to open the shortcut maximized...but I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SP1200, Dec 21, 2017.

1. SP1200 Win User

Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized?

Is there a reg mod to Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized?

I know how to change the properties to open the shortcut maximized...but I'm wanting ALL windows to open maximized. For example when right clicking on a folder in explorer and selecting "Open in new window" I would rather that new explorer window be full screen rather than a small window that I ALWAYS have to adjust.

I'm so tired of windows 10 opening supper small windows...

:)

SP1200, Dec 21, 2017

2. Windows 10 keeps resetting my Default Programs for .wav and internet.

Sorry, this isn't solving the issue.

The problem is reproduceable on my end. When I open an explorer, all of my .wav files open with groove player. I change the setting in properties so that all .wav files open in windows media player.

Then, I close the explorer window.

When I open a new explorer window and check those .wav files, they are all back to pointing to the groove player.

This is also the case with these other file types

.pdf (always opens in edge instead of adobe acrobat)

.html (always opens in edge instead of chrome)

It almost seems as if microsoft is forcing me to use groove music player and the edge browser.

CareyChico, Dec 21, 2017
  3. RK_AR Win User
    Internet Explorer links from Outlook 2007 won't open new tabs

Since installing Windows 10 with Internet Explorer 11 as the default browser, links from within Outlook 2007 will only open new IE Windows.

Prior to Windows 10 the default was to open links in new Tabs - its worked fine for years and I like it that way.

Does anyone know how to force opening new Tabs to be the default?

RK_AR, Dec 21, 2017
  4. Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized?

If I maximize the window and close it, all new windows open maximized automatically.

Try this. Run CMD and copy/paste.
    Code: reg delete "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell" /v "FolderType" /t REG_SZ /d "NotSpecified" /f taskkill /im explorer.exe /f & explorer.exe[/quote]
    Open Explorer - select the desired size (full screen) and view - go to:

View - Options - View - Apply to Folders - OK - Close Explorer ASAP

TairikuOkami, Dec 21, 2017
  5. SP1200 Win User
    Ohh hey that great thanks! ...but doesnt the default windows size change whenever I change the windows size of the last used window? What exactly does your CMD string do? Does it delete ALL windows explorer view settings?

For some strange reason today every windows is opening maximized! I didn't run the CMD string, I didn't adjust any window sizes. Why/how does this happen?

SP1200, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized?

1. Force ALL new explorer windows to open maximized? - Similar Threads - Force explorer open

2. File Explorer not remembering to open maximized folders!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not remembering to open maximized folders!: Since I had to have Windows 11 reinstalled, File Explorer no longer remembers to load up maximized on my Desktop. On my laptop, this isn't a problem, and both systems are running Windows 11 Home 23H2. Normally when I open a File Explorer window, if I maximize a window and...
  3. File Explorer not remembering to open maximized folders!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not remembering to open maximized folders!: Since I had to have Windows 11 reinstalled, File Explorer no longer remembers to load up maximized on my Desktop. On my laptop, this isn't a problem, and both systems are running Windows 11 Home 23H2. Normally when I open a File Explorer window, if I maximize a window and...
  4. Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Explorer windows always opening maximized: Hey all, Not sure if anyone has any ideas or seen this before, but this a weird one. My company is replacing monitors (larger size) and after doing so, some users are having an issue where an IE link within another application is always opening maximized. This apparently...
  5. How to open all the software, programs in a maximized window as default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to open all the software, programs in a maximized window as default?: How to open all the software, apps, explorer, etc in a maximized window as default instead of small popup window as default? submitted by /u/Akkkivenkky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i85y5j/how_to_open_all_the_software_programs_in_a/
  6. Windows are all maximized

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows are all maximized: For some reason all my windows pop up maximized. I want to minimize windows. How can I do this? I'm running Windows 10 x 64. I will really appreciate your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-are-all-maximized/a1abff87-d4c2-4a99-8aa3-bcef4d24316c
  7. all windows open maximized and where is my desktop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all windows open maximized and where is my desktop?: In the past few days, there must have been an update. 1. All of my windows open maximized, even the calculator, so I can't look at several, like the calculator, my bank statement (in Edge), and an Excel file. I can't grab the bar at the top of the windows, and there...
  8. Open Maximized Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open Maximized Windows: Is there a way to open all of my documents maximized? I know on the shortcuts I have to got to properties, maximized but I'm guessing I have to do this to every shortcut I have. There's got to be a way to do this in batch. Thanks...
  9. Edge opens new window maximized

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens new window maximized: I've installed the new anniversary update, and with Edge now supporting extensions, I'm going to give it a try. But there is a showstopper for me. I don't normally use tabs when browsing - I rather open new windows. Clicking Ctrl+N to open a new window works fine, but the...
  10. Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed): Hi All, Coming back to windows from a long Mac exile and trying to set things up on my new computer, I am having an issue with one specific program: Wacom Tablet preferences I downloaded the appropriate driver from the wacom website (it works, this is not a questions about...