Windows 10: Force monitor to use second graphic card?

Discus and support Force monitor to use second graphic card? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I have two monitors and I have two graphic cards, one of which is damaged. The only reason I am still using the damaged graphics card is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by lolcocks, Mar 28, 2018.

1. lolcocks Win User

Force monitor to use second graphic card?

Hello,

I have two monitors and I have two graphic cards, one of which is damaged.

The only reason I am still using the damaged graphics card is because it's display ports are still working and my second graphic card doesn't have a HDMI port.
    Because of this my full HD monitor is connected to the damaged graphic card while my older monitor is connected to the working graphic card.

Because my current shitty setup, I am not able to play even 720p videos on my Full HD monitor.
    Is it possible to force my Full HD monitor connected to the damaged graphic card to force use the new graphic card?

:)

lolcocks, Mar 28, 2018

2. Wallpaper Troubles after upgrading the computer to Windows 10

Hi Garett,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you face issues with the second monitor, if the second monitor is connected to the same graphics card, try to update the graphics drivers and update the chipset drivers from the manufacturer website.

If the monitors are connected to different graphic cards, try updating the graphic drivers to the card which second monitor is connected to and check.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Mar 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 don't detect second monitor at start (dell xps, intel hd 3000)

After every reboot or shutdown I have to re-plug cable in order to force system to detect monitor. In previous system versions it was detecting my dell u2212hm at reboot/start. I reinstalled all graphic
    drivers and nothing has changed. System detects monitor when it is already running. Note - I had some issues with my display port and I sometimes had to plug 3 or 4 times cable in order to detect my second monitor but lately I don't have this issue. I have
    nvidia 555m and intel hd graphics 3000.

MichałSerocki, Mar 28, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

I've always considered a feature of having 2 or 3 output ports on a graphics card is the ability to use suitable monitors actually connected to the card's ports. I'd think it quite difficult to redirect video signals within the computer's circuitry. To use a popular acronym, IMHO, but then the only dual setups I've had to work with required the monitor for the computer user and a second identical data display on a customer's monitor.

Berton, Mar 28, 2018
  5. clam1952 Win User
    Can you not get hold of an hdmi to whatever adapter? Got an HDMI to DVI converter here, came with a GTX1060 so not sure if it works or if you can get them the other way round though or if it works in both directions.

clam1952, Mar 28, 2018
  6. lolcocks Win User
    Yeah, that's what I got. I needed an alternative solution while the cable arrived but it has arrived now.

lolcocks, Mar 30, 2018
  7. Plankton Win User
    What does "damaged" mean?

To answer your question; No.....as it's a physical connection.

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Force monitor to use second graphic card? - Similar Threads - Force monitor second

2. How to use a different graphics card for my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a different graphics card for my monitor: I have two graphics cards a 0.5 gb igpu for small tasks that my monitor uses and a 4gb amd radeon 6500m for gaming how do i make my monitor use the 4gb one for small tasks also....
  3. How to use a different graphics card for my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use a different graphics card for my monitor: I have two graphics cards a 0.5 gb igpu for small tasks that my monitor uses and a 4gb amd radeon 6500m for gaming how do i make my monitor use the 4gb one for small tasks also....
  4. Graphics card monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics card monitor problem: Hey guys i got a notebook today and i connected my monitor with hdmi cable to my notebook so i can have 2 screens. But when i unplugged hdmi cable (to bring my notebook somewhere else) and when i clicked on nvidia control panel it said that its not connected to current...
  5. Graphic cards and monitors matching

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  6. Graphic cards and monitors matching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  7. usb monitors using graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb monitors using graphics card: So i plan to put a gaming rig into a custom made small case and stuff and then attach a display that folds to become like a laptop like thing and i want to hook up the graphics card (GTX 1660 Ti) to my usb monitor im using instead of just using its own external card or...
  8. How to force dwm.exe to use the discrete graphic card?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to force dwm.exe to use the discrete graphic card?: Hi there, I'm using Lenovo XiaoXin Air 13 Pro which has a discrete graphic card NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with high performance and a integrated Intel HD Graphics 520. I always open lots of windows and create many virtual desktops to boost my efficiency, but when I use...
  9. Graphic card or monitor problem?

Graphic card or monitor problem?: If when i retun computer from "display off" by moving cursor, my signal returns to dim or black (SOMETIMES), yes there is a signal, but there is a dim-black, or black signal, sometimes turning off and on monitor by button will result in blinking right picture and again goes...
  10. Second Graphic Card.

Second Graphic Card.: Hi, Want to add a second graphic card but don´t know which would be better in a similar range. These are my current specs: CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GhzMotherboard:Asus X99 Pro/USB 3.1 Memory:32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - DDR4-2133 DIMMGraphics Card(s):Asus GeForce GTX...