Windows 10: Force opened windows to open to the right of pinned taskbar icons?

Discus and support Force opened windows to open to the right of pinned taskbar icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, Recently took the plunge and downloaded Windows 10. I'm still in the process of tweaking it to my liking and there are a few things that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mrgisa, Jul 26, 2016.

1. mrgisa Win User

Force opened windows to open to the right of pinned taskbar icons?

Hi All,

Recently took the plunge and downloaded Windows 10. I'm still in the process of tweaking it to my liking and there are a few things that are driving me nuts and I don't know how (or if) I can fix them.

The main problem that is irritating me right now relates to the taskbar and pinned icons. I've pinned several commonly used icons which rest nicely, on the bottom left. However, when I click on an icon, I notice it will open up right next to the icon itself. I really dislike this, as it essentially boots all the other objects to the right of that icon to the right which makes it harder to find other objects in that taskbar list that I might want to click on to open. The problem gets worse when I click on several pinned items too.

Is there a way to force open programs to always open to the right of the last icon? It was obviously normal/possible to do this in XP/Win 7...

Any advice or assistance would be most appreciated!

Sincerely,
    Mr. Gisa

P.S - Bonus questions/issues that are starting to bother me as well...
    I) is there a way to give these opened windows a dark black border, like in XP? Not a fan of the transparent borders but can't find the option to enable? ? them..
    II) I'm reaching here, but is there also a way to turn off the fade in/out when clicking on a video link or looking at pictures?

:)

mrgisa, Jul 26, 2016

2. Task Scheduler

Open Start, type: task scheduler

Right click it then click Pin to taskbar

or

Open Control Panel > Administrative tools > right click task scheduler > click Pin to taskbar.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 26, 2016
  3. w10 problem

Open Start > All apps

Scroll down to Microsoft Store

Right click it then click More > Pin to taskbar

or open Start, type: microsoft store

Right click it then click Pin to Taskbar

Andre Da Costa, Jul 26, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Mr Gisa *Smile

Make sure your Taskbar settings are as shown below:

Force opened windows to open to the right of pinned taskbar icons? [​IMG]

philc43, Jul 27, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    As for icons for opened programs, they will have a blue underline to the icon to indicate it is opened. If having 2 or more instances of the same program there will be a shadow barely visible on the right side of the icon..

Berton, Jul 27, 2016
  6. mrgisa Win User
    Thank you both for replying and for trying to help me.

I actually disliked this system upon first try. Maybe I could re-enable it to give it another go but only if I had no other choice.

This ties in with what I was saying above. Here's an example (XP) of what I mean. See how the windows are opened to the right of the icons and how they are clearly visable? That's what I miss.

mrgisa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Force opened windows to open to the right of pinned taskbar icons? - Similar Threads - Force opened open

2. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  3. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  4. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pin taskbar icons on the right side?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin taskbar icons on the right side?: Just curious...Is there a way to pin taskbar icons so they justify to the right side? 182815
  6. Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not showing open programs and pinned icons missing: Hi All of a sudden, my pinned programmes are no longer showing on my taskbar in Windows 10. The icons are also not showing for programmes currently open so I can't right click to pin. Why has this changed, and how do I revert it back to being able to see programmes on the...
  7. Icon for pinned taskbar shortcut reverts to target icon when opened

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon for pinned taskbar shortcut reverts to target icon when opened: If you pin an item to the taskbar, you can change the icon for that pinned item. Right? No problem. My problem is that when I click on that pinned item, the icon I chose for the shortcut goes away and Windows displays the icon coded into this particular .EXE file. I cannot...
  8. Taskbar Icon Windows not Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Icon Windows not Opening: Hello Heroes of the Internet. I need your help. I run Windows 10 on my pc. Suddenly, when using my computer, I was unable to get minimized windows to re-open. However, I was still able to see the preview of the page. I tried task manager, but anything I brought up would...
  9. Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc: [img] Here is a screenshot of my current view. On the taskbar, I can only access the start menu. Clicking on the search opens the pop up but I cannot type anything. All keyboard shortcuts are working. I also can't see my pinned icons, or any of the icons in the bottom...
  10. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any: The Problem. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Documents , Desktop or Anything on the drop down list Not Opening with any Double Click or Right Click > Open Click . . .On 1 of my PC's (main One) , Works OK on the Others. I believe they are all setup the same....