Windows 10: Force shutdown when using Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10

Discus and support Force shutdown when using Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I occasionally get random force shutdown when using Windows 10 (en-gb x86). Now I encounter a program that makes force shutdown every times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by menteith, Aug 23, 2016.

1. menteith Win User

Force shutdown when using Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10

Hi all,

I occasionally get random force shutdown when using Windows 10 (en-gb x86). Now I encounter a program that makes force shutdown every times I using it. It is Media Creation Tool used to to download an iso image of Windows 10.

To be sure that it is not fault of RAM memory I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and no errors was found.

Please give a hand,

:)

menteith, Aug 23, 2016

2. Windows 10 downloaded even though my laptop is not compatible - how to reclaim the space?

Hi,

Force windows 10 installation by downloading windows media creation tools

Windows 10 herunterladen

Sincerely

Mohamed Minta, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    NVIDIA blocking upgrade win7->win10

Yes, it does seem to be near impossible to force a re-run of the compatibility checker, unless you uninstall and re-install the Get Windows 10 app. If you are confident on compatibility with Windows 10, then you can use the Media Creation Tool to force
    the Upgrade. Go to this page: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/help-upgrade-windows-10 Click on the first option and then on
    the Media Creation Tool Link to download the Tool. Run that and follow the prompts.

Erdeslawe, Aug 23, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

If you want be more sure that your RAM is not part of the problem I would run the Memtest86+ and follow the instructions in this tutorial

philc43, Aug 23, 2016
  5. menteith Win User
    Thanks, I will. The tutorial says that

so I will reply tomorrow to be sure that RAM is OK.

menteith, Aug 24, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    That's a good plan, remember that it is the need to run at least 8 passes that is important, overnight you should be able to achieve 8 or more passes with 4GB of memory.

philc43, Aug 24, 2016
  7. menteith Win User
    I ran memtest86 for almost 23 hours with 240 iterations made. No errors were found. What should I do now?

menteith, Aug 25, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

Have you been getting any BSOD crashes? Your original upload of the log files did not include any crash dump files so this does not appear to be a BSOD crash. Does the laptop shut down itself or does it just freeze?

philc43, Aug 29, 2016
  9. menteith Win User
    Perhaps CCleaner removed minidumps. I get either shutdown (one second and my laptop is off) and freezes (with strange sound, mouse won't move).

menteith, Aug 29, 2016
  10. philc43 Win User
    Yes, CCleaner will remove these files unless you specifically uncheck the option to delete the memory dump files.

Attachment 98912

Please do that and post a new zip file when you have any more crashes.

philc43, Aug 29, 2016
  11. menteith Win User
    OK, I will do that. Thanks for help.

menteith, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Force shutdown when using Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Force shutdown using

2. Downloading Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading Media Creation Tool: I'm using Ubuntu and I need to download media creation tool for something. But I can't download because when I go download page of Windows, it only shows me option to download ISO file not media creation tool executable. Is there another way to download it from a non-windows...
  3. Media Tool Creation 1909 FORCING UPDATE!

Media Tool Creation 1909 FORCING UPDATE!: I am trying to use the media tool creation 1909 to create an ISO file for my laptop but it forcing me to update to Media Tool Creation 2004 which my laptop does not support yet! is there anything I can do to get 1909 ISO instead of 2004?...
  4. Download Windows 10 Enterprise ISO using Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 News
    Download Windows 10 Enterprise ISO using Media Creation Tool: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Media Creation Tool is one of the ways of downloading the latest Windows 10 Home and Pro editions ISO. You can also download the latest Enterprise Edition, assuming you have a valid product key. In this post, we will [...] This post Download Windows 10...
  5. Media Creation Tool download continues after force quit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Creation Tool download continues after force quit: Recently, I began downloading Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool, with the intent of making a bootable USB. Midway through the download, however, I changed my mind and wanted to cancel it, so I force quit the application using Task Manager. Unfortunately, the download...
  6. Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO

Media Creation Tool & downloading Windows 10 ISO: Hello, I'm trying to download the Windows 10 ISO for school however whenever I try the download stays stuck at 0%. I have tried a few fixes and not have worked. The link to the fixes I have tried is posted here. Some of the things he says to do seem to be inaccurate with...
  7. having troubles downloading windows 10 using media creation tool

having troubles downloading windows 10 using media creation tool: I have troubles downloading windows 10 using media creation tool. I used a USB to get a copy of windows 10 for my new computer but the Windows 10 setup uses the wrong disk space. I used a Removable Disk (F:) but instead it tries to connect to the other disk space. What should...
  8. Downloading in Media Creation Tool

Downloading in Media Creation Tool: How to resume download in Media Creation Tool? Thanks everyone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-in-media-creation-tool/fe621427-b54b-4e9f-b756-f80987ccec83
  9. Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool

Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool: Hello The tech I have been working with told me to download the WMC tool to help straighten out my W10 system. He said I will need a 6 gig flash drive. I downloaded the tool to another computer and it is only a 17 MBT .exe file? Why do I need a 6 gig flash drive for this...
  10. Cannot Download Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool

Cannot Download Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool: Hi - I downloaded the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft Website and have run it three times in the last day to attempt to download Windows 10 production release to a blank USB. I want to try it out on an older pc before upgrading any of our everyday pc's. The first...