Windows 10: Force Start Search to only search locally?

Discus and support Force Start Search to only search locally? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop the Search box in the Start menu from searching the Internet? If I want to do this, I'll use an internet browser thank you very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nigelmercier, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Force Start Search to only search locally?

Is there a way to stop the Search box in the Start menu from searching the Internet? If I want to do this, I'll use an internet browser thank you very much!

I only use this when I want to open an obscure program, or open a file.

:)

nigelmercier, Sep 23, 2015

2. "Spyware and Unwanted software Protection". Whats with this notification???

Just got this computer Have not downloaded anything, message has appeared three times.

Triton's Search, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Error Code 85002028

I just got my Windows Phone 7 - AT&T Samsung. I'm trying to setup Outlook email with my Network Solutions POP email account. Because their mail server's domain and certificate don't match my personal domain, there's a certificate mismatch and I get an
    error. How do I turn off this security check?

When I bypass this by going to their generic URL that matches the certificate, I get Error Code 85002028 - "Your Windows Phone doesn't support this server version. Contact support person or service provider."

This sounds like Microsoft is blocking non-Exchange email servers. Could this be true?

Search Frustrated, Sep 23, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Force Start Search to only search locally?

You should be able to turn off "Search online and include web results" in settings. Search for something and then click on the cog..

Force Start Search to only search locally? [​IMG]

Thema:

Force Start Search to only search locally?

1. Force Start Search to only search locally? - Similar Threads - Force Start Search

2. search tool on lower task bar comes up but will only search local not web

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search tool on lower task bar comes up but will only search local not web: search tool will not search web https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-tool-on-lower-task-bar-comes-up-but-will/fd5d5747-7936-4c61-9781-83f0caedd587
  3. Windows Search no longer search for local files

in Cortana
    Windows Search no longer search for local files: Ever since I posted that Slideshow is not working, and was told that a fix was simply rebuilding the Index, my Windows Search is now broken.It could no longer display local files, even though it's indexed, it's now showing results from the web.This shows that Microsoft needs...
  4. Windows Search no longer search for local files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search no longer search for local files: Ever since I posted that Slideshow is not working, and was told that a fix was simply rebuilding the Index, my Windows Search is now broken.It could no longer display local files, even though it's indexed, it's now showing results from the web.This shows that Microsoft needs...
  5. Windows Search no longer search for local files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. What happened to my taskbar search - it only searches local files now

in Cortana
    What happened to my taskbar search - it only searches local files now: what happened to my taskbar search - it only searches local files now * Moved from Bing * Original title: add web search to taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-my-taskbar-search-it-only/aca6cb8a-612a-4ad6-922c-36f6faa31647
  7. search bar no longer searches internet sites, only local computer

in Cortana
    search bar no longer searches internet sites, only local computer: For some reason, my Windows 10 Pro computer will no longer present web results when I type in the search bar or ask Cortana. Cortana is installed and recognizes my voice, but will not search the internet. She always says that she didn't recognize that. Thanks...
  8. Local Only Searching From Windows Start Button

in Cortana
    Local Only Searching From Windows Start Button: I hate that MS has changed the design of Windows to be "search centric". What's even worse is that when you do actually need to search for something, Windows can't stop sending data to Microsoft. I don't want bing suggestions or any data going to MS. So far I have been unable...
  9. Win10 Explorer Search / Force only exact hits

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Explorer Search / Force only exact hits: Hi, how do I search for "2017-" without receiving results like "2017" ? Rt now although in quotes, its still pulling out any random similarity. http://files.panodome.com/uploads01/...1532251038.jpg (image insert in forum not working) [ATTACH] Regards, Frank 114539
  10. Change Start button Search to Search WIndows only

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Start button Search to Search WIndows only: When I click the start button and start typing to search for something, I want it to search on my computer, not internet too. Can this be changed to do that? If I want to search the web I'll open Google. 5632