Windows 10: Force Win to remember my keyboard layout?

Discus and support Force Win to remember my keyboard layout? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys! I got a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed. I added a German keyboard layout*, which I prefer using because that's what's in my head.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrmatteastwood, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Force Win to remember my keyboard layout?

Hey guys! I got a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed. I added a German keyboard layout*, which I prefer using because that's what's in my head. I'd still like the option to Win-Space to US layout if a friend uses my PC.

I disabled the Shift-Ctrl or Shift-Alt shortcuts that can cause you to accidentally switch your layout, too.

The thing is, every time I reboot my PC, the keyboard layout is back to US and I need to press Win-Space again.

How do I force Windows to remember my preference, German?

*(Settings => Time & Language => Region & Language => Additional date, time, & regional settings => Change input methods => Options => Add an input method)

:)

mrmatteastwood, Sep 19, 2017

2. Update to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586

This is Microsoft' problem.

Just don't waste your time and resources to find the solution.

Remember Microsoft forced Win 7 Win 8 and 8.1 users to upgrade to Win 10 and the upgrade failed so many times?

Microsoft is Microsoft and they never learn.

BermaAu Yeung, Sep 19, 2017
  3. Thai virtual keyboard layout on Windows 10 is not a correct layout in the way it should be.

+1 for this Thai Keyboard issue. I remember ages ago that virtual Thai keyboard was literally not friendly user. Then it was kind of force me to move other platform.. now i have got a new surface pro recently, everything are just fine except the crappy
    virtual keyboard in my language. Come on guys! can you pay attention abit on this? do something!

PadanaiKirdnual, Sep 19, 2017
  4. Force Win to remember my keyboard layout?

Ahh, I think I solved it! Deleted the US layout, rebooted, re-added it, rebooted again. Now the DE stays.

mrmatteastwood, Sep 19, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Force Win to remember my keyboard layout? [​IMG]

Perhaps that's relevant...

dalchina, Sep 19, 2017
  6. Thanks man! I will keep that in mind in case it reverts.

mrmatteastwood, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Force Win to remember my keyboard layout?

1. Force Win to remember my keyboard layout? - Similar Threads - Force remember keyboard

2. Different language for Win and keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different language for Win and keyboard layout?: Hi all, I need to set my windows in english, and have my kwyboard in a different language. How can I do this? I don't see a separate setting for system and keyboard. Thanks....
  3. Different language for Win and keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different language for Win and keyboard layout?: Hi all, I need to set my windows in english, and have my kwyboard in a different language. How can I do this? I don't see a separate setting for system and keyboard. Thanks....
  4. Custom keyboard layout, Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout, Win 11: I absolutely need to use a costum keyboard layout for work, and now I see MSKLC won't even install supposedly because my .NET Framwork is too new. I do have my old .klc file, but it won't open. What do I do?...
  5. Custom keyboard layout, Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard layout, Win 11: I absolutely need to use a costum keyboard layout for work, and now I see MSKLC won't even install supposedly because my .NET Framwork is too new. I do have my old .klc file, but it won't open. What do I do?...
  6. How can I get Windows 10 to remember my preferred keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get Windows 10 to remember my preferred keyboard layout?: I have a UK laptop, which I usually use with a Spanish keyboard from a previous machine. I´ve added the Spanish layout to Windows, but every time I log on, it defaults back to the UK layout. I don´t want to permanently delete this as the laptop has a UK layout and it belongs...
  7. Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Layout: I am trying to add 'Urdu Phonetic Keyboard' layout in language preferences but its not working. There is an Urdu Keyboard by deflate but its layout doesn't match with our Urdu keyboard layout in which I learned typing. I have to prepare my assignment. So, please get me solved...
  8. On boot forced in to autorepair and is stuck on keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On boot forced in to autorepair and is stuck on keyboard layout.: When i boot my computer I am forced in to autorepair, on which it sends me to select a keyboard where my laptop keyboard and mouse don't work and nor does the USB ports. I have created a boot disk but I don't understand how to fix it or to get in to safe mode. I have done a...
  9. Force Win 10 to remember where to open windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Force Win 10 to remember where to open windows: Hi everyone! I upgraded to Win 10 few weeks ago and I have a small issue with it. I can't make Win 10 open windows where i want them to open. Previously with Win 7 I had the Explorer open on the right side of the screen, taking about half of the screen. My browser would...
  10. Win 10 Default Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Default Keyboard Layout: Hi, Any win 10 machine at the office has their keyboard layout defaulted to US. I know how to change the Default to Uk layout, however it only makes those changes for the user logged in at that moment, if another person logs into the same computer, it is Defaulted back to...