Windows 10: Forced Resolution for Classroom Setting

Discus and support Forced Resolution for Classroom Setting in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all! I've got a lab of about 50 computers, all of which are the newer 5K iMacs. They're all set up to dual-boot into Windows 10, but nobody boots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by omatsei, Jan 10, 2017.

1. omatsei Win User

Forced Resolution for Classroom Setting

Hi all! I've got a lab of about 50 computers, all of which are the newer 5K iMacs. They're all set up to dual-boot into Windows 10, but nobody boots into the OS X side. The hardware is great, but the resolution is a bit of a problem. I have all the drivers installed and updated to the newest versions, but Windows has a habit of retaining the resolution of the last person who logged in. For instance, if I log in and change the resolution to 800x600, then log out, the next person to log in will have 800x600 until they change it. That leads to a lot of calls to the IT Help Desk complaining about display issues in that classroom.

What I would like is something like a group policy to set the resolution and scaling, so nobody can change it. I know a group policy doesn't exist to natively do that, but I'm sure someone out there has a solution that'll work for this. Anybody have any ideas?

:)

omatsei, Jan 10, 2017

2. Classroom network

Hi SujataMoktan,

Thanks for your reply. Have posted on TechNet'

Richard Hunt, Jan 10, 2017
  3. Surface Pro 3 and Google Classroom App

You do not need the app. It is web based. Just search for Google classroom in the search engine and click on the first item that says google classroom. Once there, make sure your child is logged in to the school's GAFE account. If your child is a member
    of any classrooms, he/she should see them then.

VivianCassel, Jan 10, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Welcome to the forums, Have a look here

Screen resolution

5. omatsei Win User
    I saw that post, and tried every variation I can think of, but still nothing. It seems like those registry entries don't do anything. I searched the registry for anything called LogPixels, and found a handful of them, but they also didn't work. My next step, I think, is to export the registry on a "working" machine, then compare it to the registry on one where everything looks too small.

omatsei, Jan 11, 2017
  6. Dude Win User
Thema:

1. Forced Resolution for Classroom Setting - Similar Threads - Forced Resolution Classroom

2. Classroom Speakers Stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Classroom Speakers Stuttering: So for about the last month and half I have had a classroom where the audio stutters before finally playing the sound properly. I have a Dell latitude 3420 hooked up to a Dell WSD19 Dock that connects to our A/V system. Anytime the teacher tries to play a video or audio...
  3. Classroom Speakers Stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classroom Speakers Stuttering: So for about the last month and half I have had a classroom where the audio stutters before finally playing the sound properly. I have a Dell latitude 3420 hooked up to a Dell WSD19 Dock that connects to our A/V system. Anytime the teacher tries to play a video or audio...
  4. How to force higher resolution on display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force higher resolution on display?: Hi all,I have a Dell laptop with a i7-8650U CPU, which means it comes with Intel's UHD 620 graphics, which, according to the specs in Dell's User Manual, will support up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz over an HDMI 2.0 interface.I also have a 30-inch monitor which is capable of 2560 x...
  5. How to force higher resolution on display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force higher resolution on display?: Hi all,I have a Dell laptop with a i7-8650U CPU, which means it comes with Intel's UHD 620 graphics, which, according to the specs in Dell's User Manual, will support up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz over an HDMI 2.0 interface.I also have a 30-inch monitor which is capable of 2560 x...
  6. Force constant resolution windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Force constant resolution windows 10: First let me start with this. I have hunted every support site to try and find a solution to this problem. I have tried all the so called "fixes". It's not a driver issue it's a windows issue so please let's avoid the update ya driver stuff and actually find a registry based...
  7. Forcing higher "resolution"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forcing higher "resolution": submitted by /u/eternal_peril [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3fdec/forcing_higher_resolution/
  8. using Zoom classroom

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    using Zoom classroom: Does anyone know what was hacked in the recentZoom classroom hacking? My understanding was the hacker managed to enter the classroom and disrupt the class. That would indicate that the teachers entrance password was hacked. Can hackers hack any of the students who use the...
  9. Program game forcing resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program game forcing resolution.: So, I've been having this problem for a long time and I haven't been able to find a fix for it neither do i know when it started, thus I'll go straight to the point: When I launch CS:GO it forces my resolution to 4:3 and i have to manually change it to 16:9, even with having...
  10. Force Resolution and Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Force Resolution and Refresh Rate: Is there a way to force Windows 10 to only use a certain screen resolution and refresh rate? 97581