Windows 10: Forced to change password, Does not meet requirements, has none...

Discus and support Forced to change password, Does not meet requirements, has none... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So this morning I woke up to a forced password change. I tried the same password and it didn't take, doesn't meet security requirements. After a few... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by negativzeroe, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Forced to change password, Does not meet requirements, has none...

So this morning I woke up to a forced password change. I tried the same password and it didn't take, doesn't meet security requirements. After a few tries fighting with it, I gave in so that I could log into my computer. Checked the local security policy, the only requirement was set to save for 42 days before expiration. I changed that to 0, tried to manually reset and it still refuses.

Setup: Custom build, Windows 10 pro, completely up to date, local account (signing into apps only with MS account).

Please see attached screenshots.

EDIT: Update 3176495 was installed this morning so I uninstalled it and rebooted, so recent updates have been checked.

EDIT 2: I would also like to point out that I've never logged in with a Microsoft account so there wouldn't be remnants trying to sync.

EDIT 3: I get this same message if I try to enable the Administrator account.

EDIT 4: CMD net user command gives the same restriction.

EDIT 5 - SOLUTION: Ok so it seems MS borked the windows-wide account vs the app-only account restrictions. I had added my Exchange account to the calendar app so that I could be alerted yet one more way that I have meetings that day. I didn't make this connection because the password change did not reflect on my domain account, and only realized it after a system restore that ended up asking me to re-enter the credentials. I've notified MS support and they are passing it back to the dev team, unless my thinking that if you sign into apps only, that shouldn't affect your whole computer is just plain crazy....

:)

negativzeroe, Aug 9, 2016
  2. Byu2 Win User

remove windows password

I want to move the password. When I want set the password to blank, it says 'the password you entered does not meet the password policy requirements'. I tried steps on :

Password Does Not Meet Complexity Requirements | Password Recovery

I set password length to 0, Password must meet complexity requirements disabled.

also used gpupdate /force command.

restart pc.

Still same, 'the password you entered does not meet the password policy requirements', when change password through settings panel.

how can I solve this problem?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Byu2, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Halo 5: Forge "System Requirements does not meet" 'Can i still play???'

you need a desktop with a high performance video card

Hardcore Games™, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Forced to change password, Does not meet requirements, has none...

Where did you get your install media and who installed Windows? Is this a second hand PC or totally new to you PC?

alphanumeric, Aug 11, 2016
  5. elbmek Win User
    Really annoying when you are forced to change a password. Its you're damn machine at the end of the day. I had a complicated long password in something and the software after an upgrade told me to change it and it refused to let me in without a change. The reason? my long complicated pass did not have a capital letter in it, childish in the extreme!!! My machine I do what I WANT. AGH!!!!

elbmek, Aug 11, 2016
  6. You'll only get the change password prompt in Windows if that group policy has been set. It's not set by default. There are no password restrictions by default. Companies will set restrictions on passwords and how often they have to be changed though. Being prompted to change your Windows account password is not normal on a consumer installed version.

alphanumeric, Aug 11, 2016
  7. elbmek Win User
    Sorry, not windows, as I have got rid of that, its 3rd party, my mistake

elbmek, Aug 11, 2016
  8. Forced to change password, Does not meet requirements, has none...

The forced password change can backfire. Especially if you force the user to use numbers letters and upper and lower case etc. They end up writing it down because there is no way they can memorize it right away. Then stick the post it note under their keyboard.
    *Doh

alphanumeric, Aug 12, 2016
  9. elbmek Win User
    damn right alpha! There is one somewhere that 'demands' that a symbol be used too

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Forced to change password, Does not meet requirements, has none...

1. Forced to change password, Does not meet requirements, has none... - Similar Threads - Forced change password

2. Does not meet the requirements for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does not meet the requirements for Windows 11?: Is Microsoft going to upgrade their requirements?My computer runs on a Ryzen 7 1700 Eight Core Processor and it's not on the list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-not-meet-the-requirements-for-windows-11/deaa493d-b864-49cf-9704-48b13c8db7cc
  3. Does not meet the requirements for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does not meet the requirements for Windows 11?: Is Microsoft going to upgrade their requirements?My computer runs on a Ryzen 7 1700 Eight Core Processor and it's not on the list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-not-meet-the-requirements-for-windows-11/deaa493d-b864-49cf-9704-48b13c8db7cc
  4. Does not meet the requirements for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker password required, but none has ever been set

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker password required, but none has ever been set: Hi,I'm trying to fix my wife's personal, not company Surface Laptop 3, which has suddenly started requiring a Bitlocker password for the C: drive for no obvious reason. She doesn't have one, and indeed had never heard of Bitlocker or knowingly switched it on. I'm guessing...
  6. Forced to change password!

Forced to change password!: Why is Microsoft making me change my password? I Googled this and read many annoyed and angry peoples' responses. Also, I tried to followed instructions from various Microsoft techs who tried to guide people in turning off this option. Yet, none of their instructions worked....
  7. PC does not meet the hardware requirement

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC does not meet the hardware requirement: Hi, until one month ago i had been using the game recorder to screen record. however, now it says that my PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures? is there a way to fix this?...
  8. Computer does not meet requirment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer does not meet requirment: Hi, The article in Zoom does not tell me what I need to do to upgrade my Windows 10 so that I can use a green screen for virtual backgrounds. How can I use the virtual backgrounds in Zoom? According to my settings, my Windows 10 meet the requirements Shuga...
  9. Forced Password Change

Forced Password Change: I found through security monitoring software that my password was compromised on the dark web. I went into my Microsoft account and changed my password. This took quite an effort. Verification texts, etc. The next day, when I first logged in, the login prompted me to change...
  10. Password does not meet password requirements

Password does not meet password requirements: Hi all, This one has got me stumped. Have been running my stand-alone windows 10 box ever since initial release and up to 1803 my box has always been running with the following setup: - my system is a stand-alone Windows 10 PRO box in a Workgroup, not a Domain member -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 The password you entered doesnt meet the password policy requirements