Windows 10: Forced Update Notification, locks up system until clicked.

Discus and support Forced Update Notification, locks up system until clicked. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This has been happening for the last week. I need to know which update it rode in on so I can remove it. It is very irritating just like the Windows 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by XweAponX, Nov 26, 2015.

1. XweAponX Win User

Forced Update Notification, locks up system until clicked.

This has been happening for the last week. I need to know which update it rode in on so I can remove it. It is very irritating just like the Windows 8 to 8.1 forced update notification.

Forced Update Notification, locks up system until clicked. [​IMG]

I have my system set to only notify me about updates, at which time I use the Update Hider diagcab to hide unwanted updates. But this is a new twist, now I am still forced to do updates from this obnoxious notification.

How would I shut this off, I disabled the Forced Windows 8 to 8.1 update notification through Group Policy Editor, would I remove this one the same way?

When it pops up, and it will pop up in the middle of my work, I can't DO anything except to click on it. This is mostly why I stick to Windows 7 because of cack like this.

:)

XweAponX, Nov 26, 2015
  2. Peter GA Win User

Computer locks up when notification tab clicked -Windows 10

If a notification comes up in the bottom right hand corner of the task bar with a pop up window and I click on it either to close the window or expand the notification icon, the taskbar commands freeze. I cant select anything and nothing seems to operate. I
    cant use the start button or anything along the bottom bar. I do seem to be able to select items on the desk top (there were no programs open at the time). The only way out is to use task manager to log off. When I log in again the notification pop up has
    gone and the notification is still there and I can expand it as normal. Until another notification appears everything is normal, then the problem occurs again. Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this. The computer is a new Dell Inspiron 15 - 5000
    series running windows 10.

Peter GA, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Peter GA Win User
    Computer locks up when notification tab clicked -Windows 10

The information has been useful and initially seemed to work, however of late I have had the same thing reoccuring, hence I still dont know what the root cause is. It seems to co-incide with the Cortana feature not responding. I wondered if it could be
    a slow internet connection in bust periods? unlikely maybe but do these features require a good uninteruped connection?

Peter GA, Nov 26, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

Boink - Has anyone found a way around this?

XweAponX, Dec 18, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    Just checking again, has anyone found a way to shut this off? In GPedit maybe?

XweAponX, Dec 28, 2015
  6. I have never seen it, ever. Is it really a Windows generated message? Or maybe another program that's generating it through the notifications area?

alphanumeric, Dec 29, 2015
  7. XweAponX Win User
    Its definitely Windows. But there is no way to really see what process is running because the entire system is locked out except for pressing "OK". Do you have your Updates set for "Notify Only?" If not, you might not see it.

It does not force me to install the updates, but it is extremely irritating. Especially since I have to jump on this computer to do something and I need to get in FAST. Windows 8 never did anyting like this to me. It's a 100% Invasive Notification.

Maybe it is a setting under "Notifications"? I'll check there.

Yes, I had "Show Notifications on Lock Screen" and this sounds like what it's doing, except I have my Lockscreen shut off, so it shows in my main GUI.

I'll keep monitoring this,. and if it has stopped I'll change the status of this post to "solved"

XweAponX, Jan 2, 2016
  8. Forced Update Notification, locks up system until clicked.

I don't have Defer updates checked if that's what you mean? I have show notifications on lock screen enabled but I auto logon this PC. I only ever see the lock screen if I manually lock this PC.

alphanumeric, Jan 2, 2016
  9. XweAponX Win User
    I think it was Notifications on Lockscreen that was doing it. Because this was a full screen notification, the areas around the notification I posted were all greyed out, I just trimmed it down after I made the screenshot.

It's been 2 days and no notification yet, I'll keep this marked as unsolved for a couple more days. If I get no more of these obnoxious notifications, then that was the cause.

(Edit) I;m not using "Defer Updates", I used Group Policy Editor to show only notifications of updates and not allow any installs of them at all, unless I check for Windows Updates from Settings. Usually after a week, I get a dozen or so notifications in there, but until then, they are prevented from going in and all I am supposed to get is a notification in my tray. A regular notification is fine, I just don't want or need that full screen Lockout!

XweAponX, Jan 2, 2016
  10. XweAponX Win User
    Notifications on Lockscreen seems to be what was doing it. I actually did have Defer Updates checked. I turned on Insider Builds and the latest build showed up, but it did not give me the full screen notification. So that seemed to be the cause. There were some people in the Windows 10 Reddit sub asking this, I'll pass it on to them. Marking it Solved.

XweAponX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Forced Update Notification, locks up system until clicked. - Similar Threads - Forced Update Notification

2. Repeat Notification Sound every x seconds Until I click On Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeat Notification Sound every x seconds Until I click On Notification: Hi,I extended the timer for notification to appear for long, until I click on it. I also want the sound to be repeated every say 30 seconds until I click on the notification. Is here a possibility to set this up maybe with registry etc. - I am proficient IT person, so you can...
  3. Repeat Notification Sound every x seconds Until I click On Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeat Notification Sound every x seconds Until I click On Notification: Hi,I extended the timer for notification to appear for long, until I click on it. I also want the sound to be repeated every say 30 seconds until I click on the notification. Is here a possibility to set this up maybe with registry etc. - I am proficient IT person, so you can...
  4. Repeat Notification Sound every x seconds Until I click On Notification

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The F11 key click locks my mouse until I click

in Windows 10 Customization
    The F11 key click locks my mouse until I click: All of a sudden, My F11 key makes it so my mouse holds down click. So when I'm animating in my animation software, And I click F11 for a shortcut, It just starts clicking on everything Its like a click lock. Through the key F11. How to heck do I turn it off?...
  6. The highlighted line is the boundary of the notification. I can't click behind it until the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The highlighted line is the boundary of the notification. I can't click behind it until the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Neiot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzze8q/the_highlighted_line_is_the_boundary_of_the/
  7. system locks up until reboot

in Cortana
    system locks up until reboot: after W10 upgrade installation upon turning on the system all works fine, if I leave the work station and computer goes into sleep mode It become locked and I can not use the machine again without rebooting ... the system locks in in cortina and must be rebooted.?...
  8. System Lock Ups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Lock Ups: Been trying to troubleshoot this for a while now. Occasional system lock ups, happens mostly when gaming, but has also happened while web browsing. Complete freeze, have to hard reset (no alt-f4, no task manager,etc). Things I have tried: Have run multiple memtest86+...
  9. Recent Updates causes system right click menu invisible until scroll

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Updates causes system right click menu invisible until scroll: This only has ever happened since this evening when Windows 10 auto updated. These were the updates: KB890830, KB3193713, KB3194798, KB3194343 Other than that nothing was installed. This is what happens: https://i.imgur.com/od96gGx.png If I right click...
  10. lock up on mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Support
    lock up on mouse clicks: after upgrading to win 10 from win 7 HP the screen locks up for (approx 4 seconds) after every mouse click. i have just reinstalled win 7 and evrything is fine again should i re-download? and can i make a bootable ISO from the ESD file to do a clean install??. regards...