Windows 10: Forced UPDATE version 1803

Discus and support Forced UPDATE version 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP Desktop model h8-1534 I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1709 build 16299.52 Based upon my research, there is a good chance that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SkipCowles, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Forced UPDATE version 1803

I have a HP Desktop model h8-1534

I am using Windows 10 Pro

version 1709 build 16299.52

Based upon my research, there is a good chance that my system may not handle version 1803

Presently, my system is running fine. Since I have windows 10 PRO, I have updates turned off.

WHY SHOULD I BE FORCED TO TAKE AN UPDATE THAT COULD DAMAGE MY SYSTEM ??

Are you going to buy me a new system?

I really do not need this kind of a problem

What is the solution ?

:)

SkipCowles, Jul 27, 2018

2. update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Forced UPDATE version 1803

version 1803

I too manually updated to 1803 using the ISO. But I was confident that it would be successful as the 'Features Update to Windows 10, version 1803' was listed from day one when I manually checked for updates. If it doesn't appear there it doesn't necessarily mean the upgrade will fail, but it does increase the risk that it may.

Glad to hear 1803 is working for you. *Thumbs

Thema:

Forced UPDATE version 1803

1. Forced UPDATE version 1803 - Similar Threads - Forced UPDATE version

2. Version 1803 delay updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1803 delay updates: My too small C drive will not allow updates & fouls up the start up every time it tries . Can I avoid the updates? Can I move a bunch of windows files to my D drive to make room I have moved everything I could short of Windows files 161349
  3. Version 1803 delay updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 1803 delay updates: My too small C drive will not allow updates & fouls up the start up every time it tries . Can I avoid the updates? Can I move a bunch of windows files to my D drive to make room I have moved everything I could short of Windows files 161349
  4. Fail update to version 1803

Fail update to version 1803: About 3 weeks ago my computer just started randomly freezing whereas the mouse still moved so I tried updating but it keeps freezing during the update or it just plainly fails. I was getting error 0x80073712. I have tried using the Windows Update Assistant, using the...
  5. microsoft windows 10 forced "feature update, version 1803" failure and repeat

microsoft windows 10 forced "feature update, version 1803" failure and repeat: I want to delete what I believe to be a faulty download of updates for Windows 10. The update tries to force a restart, tries to update, fails and then tries to revert changes and about an hour later, downloads the same update again and keeps repeating this. I can see a...
  6. widows update version 1803

widows update version 1803: widows update fails ,windows update assistant fails with error code 0x80070652. how do I now stop widows update keep trying to install this version . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-update-version-1803/4e2800fc-4fba-4224-8e64-e0acdb722c0e
  7. windows update version 1803

windows update version 1803: i am trying to update the windows to version 1803. i have tried using online update, using ISO, and windows updater app. but it freezes on windows logo after first boot. then it goes back into previous version . i have lenovo AMD a6 laptop....
  8. version 1803 update

version 1803 update: My pc tries to load version 1803 and it stalls. It gets to about 80% complete and then freezes...for the whole day if I let it. What to do? If I can never install v1803, how can I stop the update from starting up about once a week? I'm using Win 10 Home with v 1709....
  9. Version 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1803 Update: I downloaded this version with no problem and had no problem. After the download I noticed a significant change in my speed. I am with Verizon FIOS 50GB speed. 109147
  10. Version 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1803 Update: Sorry about the confusion. This morning my speed is 57MBPS down--51 UP is that Mega BYTE or mega bit, there's quite a difference ? MBps (MB/s) or Mbps (Mb/s). 57 MByte = 456 Mbit