Windows 10: Forcing Login Screen after boot

Discus and support Forcing Login Screen after boot in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10 yesterday from Windows 8.1, and I honestly hate it this far. Whenever I (re-)boot the pc, Windows automatically logs me... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pepsiminus, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Forcing Login Screen after boot

I just installed Windows 10 yesterday from Windows 8.1, and I honestly hate it this far.

Whenever I (re-)boot the pc, Windows automatically logs me in to my desktop.
    A friend of mine has Win10 too, doesn't use a password for his account but does get the normal login screen where he has to click 'sign in' first after (re-)booting the computer.

How do I enable that, or how do I disable the automatically redirection to desktop?
    I've tried the 'netplwiz' thing, but that doesn't work in my version.
    I've tried to find it in the installed Classic Shell settings but really can't find it.

I really need some help with this.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Pepsiminus, Nov 8, 2017
  2. Gunno94 Win User

Cannot unlock the lock screen

Hi guys,

I have a hp laptop with windows 10 for 2 years. Recently the laptop won't get past to the login screen. Usually after the booting, it start in the lock screen and by pressing any key, it will move to the login screen. But mine, keep on blinking to the lock
    screen instead of asking for the login.

I had tried to force shutdown and rebooting but to no avail. I also tried to unplug the mouse, keyboard and battery for a few minutes and it's no use as well. Anyone can help? Thanks in advance.

Gunno94, Nov 8, 2017
  3. NickLinn Win User
    Windows 10 cause black and gray screen

It's a Dell Inspiron 620 with Windows 7 home premium. I cannot boot the system in any way except normally because it won't give me the boot option screen after force shutting down the system. After about 10 reboots I finally got the login screen to come
    back up but upon logging in I got a creek that told me the computer needed to restart because it encountered a problem. The problem was a Critical_Script_Error if I remember correctly.

NickLinn, Nov 8, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Forcing Login Screen after boot

Samuria, Nov 8, 2017
  5. That didn't help much, sorry

Pepsiminus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Forcing Login Screen after boot

1. Forcing Login Screen after boot - Similar Threads - Forcing Login Screen

2. Sudden BSOD after booting to login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden BSOD after booting to login screen: Good Evening, my pc suddenly bsod while at the login screen out of nowhere. I haven't done anything before it happened. The error of the BSOD says:DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALfaulting module : mouclass.sysChecking the event viewer, there is a bugcheck that is relatetable to...
  3. Sudden BSOD after booting to login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden BSOD after booting to login screen: Good Evening, my pc suddenly bsod while at the login screen out of nowhere. I haven't done anything before it happened. The error of the BSOD says:DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALfaulting module : mouclass.sysChecking the event viewer, there is a bugcheck that is relatetable to...
  4. Sudden BSOD after booting to login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem login after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem login after force shutdown: Split from this thread. HI thereYes to all of that. It just won’t have none of it and gives me no options as it won’t go any further https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-login-after-force-shutdown/81a4f8b3-841d-418b-a39d-784c9e1a7a09
  6. Problem login after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem login after force shutdown: Split from this thread. HI thereYes to all of that. It just won’t have none of it and gives me no options as it won’t go any further https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-login-after-force-shutdown/81a4f8b3-841d-418b-a39d-784c9e1a7a09
  7. Problem login after force shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Not getting a login screen after boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not getting a login screen after boot: As long as I can remember, my laptop doesn’t load the login screen after booting into windows. I don’t know why but to my knowldge it never has got it secondhand from someone else. I get the windows logo and the spinning circle and then its just a black screen. I dual boot...
  9. Got this after login. Happened after black screen during boot and had to forcefully cut...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got this after login. Happened after black screen during boot and had to forcefully cut...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vendetta_47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dochu3/got_this_after_login_happened_after_black_screen/
  10. Computer booting to black screen after login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer booting to black screen after login.: Hi, My computer recently seems to be having some issue where after I logged in, sometimes it will boot to a black screen with only a cursor. I can't seem to open task manager through ctrl+alt+delete as it doesn't respond. The only way that I can boot back into the desktop...