Windows 10: Foreign Windows: Want English display, but keep foreign keyboard

Discus and support Foreign Windows: Want English display, but keep foreign keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Swedish Windows 10 on my PC with an English language pack. However, this means that on start-up, my keyboard layout is also set to English. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Milennin, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Milennin Win User

Foreign Windows: Want English display, but keep foreign keyboard

I have a Swedish Windows 10 on my PC with an English language pack. However, this means that on start-up, my keyboard layout is also set to English. Is there a way to keep my Windows display language on English, but have the keyboard layout stay on Swedish by default at the same time?

:)

Milennin, Aug 16, 2016
  2. lumo2000 Win User

Windows 10 does not keep keyboard settings

Hello Folks,

I installed Windows in my foreign language (as i got the dvd this way) then changed language to english)

but i want to keep our foreign keyboard layout, therefore i added it to the list of keyboards in language settings (i even removed english)

but every time i boot up, its set back to english instead of my foreign one.

(i can choose it in the notification area, but its annoying to do this every time!)

lumo2000, Aug 16, 2016
  3. Can't remove a Keyboard layout in Windows 10

Re: Win7 to Win10 switch (done)

My display language is ENGLISH US, my keyboard layout is GERMAN

however, the OS switches always back to ENGLISH US, ENGLISH US keyboard.

I never had these problems in Win7 or XP for that matter! Why now, why no provision for foreign keyboard users, using ENGLISH US as display language?

Is there no one at MS, who thinks of the great many around the world, who use different keyboard layouts?

It is annoying. Find a solution... you are Microsoft.

Prof. Michael O.Zimmermann JCD ECS, Aug 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, you can set your keyboard input language to whatever you want. You should then find there is a tray icon related to this.

E.g. via Settings, Time & Language, Region & Language, click your display language, then the Options button, then you will see an option for the keyboard.

You can also change this via the 'old' Control Panel.

BUT for searching Settings to work and not give 'Search results aren't quite complete yet..' (even though indexing is complete) you must complete changing the display and speech language- and I think there was sthg else - so these are consistent.

Please check you can search Settings successfully, and Cortana looks normal.

dalchina, Aug 16, 2016
  5. Milennin Win User
    Thanks, I found it. Foreign Windows: Want English display, but keep foreign keyboard :) Now I don't need to manually change my keyboard back to Swedish every single time I restart my PC.

Milennin, Aug 16, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Foreign Windows: Want English display, but keep foreign keyboard - Similar Threads - Foreign English display

2. I want to remove foreign ip address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove foreign ip address.: My computer just got hack by an Indian group of people. I know cuz my paypal account money just got sent to indian account. I have set up my Window, run a Malwarebytes scan and nothing come up. Then I run netstat in cmd and there is this foreign address 20.198.119.143 that...
  3. I want to remove foreign ip address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to remove foreign ip address.: My computer just got hack by an Indian group of people. I know cuz my paypal account money just got sent to indian account. I have set up my Window, run a Malwarebytes scan and nothing come up. Then I run netstat in cmd and there is this foreign address 20.198.119.143 that...
  4. Finding the original English text in a foreign language version of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding the original English text in a foreign language version of Windows: I'm using the French language version of Windows 10, but whenever I have problems, I need a way to search for the related text in the original English. There may be a small amount of support information available in French, but in most cases there is nothing, and in any case...
  5. Finding the original English text in a foreign language version of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding the original English text in a foreign language version of Windows: I'm using the French language version of Windows 10, but whenever I have problems, I need a way to search for the related text in the original English. There may be a small amount of support information available in French, but in most cases there is nothing, and in any case...
  6. Finding the original English text in a foreign language version of Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Change default language from foreign in the foreign language Window setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default language from foreign in the foreign language Window setting: I added language extensions yesterday. My system is now displaying a foreign language that I cannot read. I want to change the Default language, but I cannot execute the instructions because I cannot read page in the foreign language. Please help....
  8. foreign language keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    foreign language keyboard: Where do I find instructions how to install a foreign language keyboard in Windows 10? In earlier Operating Systems such information was easily available within the OS without having to resort to the Internet....
  9. Foreign Device Intruder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Foreign Device Intruder: I have had 2 intrusions into my Windows 10 PC in the last week, both around 10pm and both identified as a phone device by my computer, past my firewalls, password, and named as Car-4e4b. The last 4 characters are of the hardware Mac Address. I've seen this exact same device...
  10. foreign upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    foreign upgrade: just curious as to why the update has not come along im currently at 1803 but nothing has updated in Singapore at the moment but should be reg in Bremerton WA USA WT* 123061

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WantEnglish displays but french keyboard