Windows 10: Forgot Microsoft account password. Picture log in disappeared after up

Discus and support Forgot Microsoft account password. Picture log in disappeared after up in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi so my laptop recently automatically updated and I had previously created an microsoft account in order to use Cortana which was years ago. I forgot... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Eren09, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Eren09 Win User

Forgot Microsoft account password. Picture log in disappeared after up

Hi so my laptop recently automatically updated and I had previously created an microsoft account in order to use Cortana which was years ago. I forgot the password but luckily had picture sign in enabled. Unfortunately after the update the additional sign on options were no longer available and it's asking for my Microsoft password which I forgot. And yes I've already tried to recover it but I no longer have the phone number associated with that email. Luckily there is another account I can sign into but it doesn't have administrator privileges. So how would I go about resetting the password

:)

Eren09, Nov 21, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

I forgot my Laptop Password but I remember my PIN. I want to change the password and I need help with it.

Go Settings, Accounts, Your Info, Manage my Microsoft account. There you can change your password.

Also if you are up to date there should be log-on selection on the Lock screen and I forgot.

Select password and the click on I forgot my password.

lacrumb, Nov 21, 2017
  3. reset windows 10 password while I can log in using picture password

After setting picture password for windows 10, I forgot my text password. Now I can log in the system using the picture password but can't reset the text password.

I have checked all possible passwords, with caps lock on or off.

I have tried to use the default built-in administrator account but can't log in without password.

Don't have a password recovery disk...

Are there any possible ways to reset the password since I do have access to the system now?

Thanks a lot!

Huiying

LIU Huiying, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 21, 2017
Thema:

1. Forgot Microsoft account password. Picture log in disappeared after up - Similar Threads - Forgot Microsoft account

2. Forgot my Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my Microsoft Account Password: I installed a driver update for my graphics card. I am now seeing a blank screen.After every three reboots, I see the blue Windows Recovery Screen. Great!But, to do any repairs, I have to click on the account name and then input a password. It keeps telling me I'm inputting...
  3. Forgot my Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my Microsoft Account Password: I installed a driver update for my graphics card. I am now seeing a blank screen.After every three reboots, I see the blue Windows Recovery Screen. Great!But, to do any repairs, I have to click on the account name and then input a password. It keeps telling me I'm inputting...
  4. Forgot my log in password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forgot my log in password: I can log into Windows 10 using my PIN, but want to use Password. I don't remember my Password. How can I get a new Password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-my-log-in-password/87f2fdca-1228-4647-b3d1-de59a214e9b5
  5. Forgot Windows 10 password after logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot Windows 10 password after logging in: I just added a new password, but it seems like I can't get it right now that I'm trying to change/remove it. I can't restart my PC or log off or else I won't be able to log back in. What can I do now to reset/remove it? submitted by /u/Ruudent [link] [comments]...
  6. Forgot password and no picture sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot password and no picture sign in: I have a picture sign in option and I always log in using the picture up until I forgot my password (my bad). Last night my power was out and computer shut down. when I try to log in, the picture sign in is not an option, how do i make it an option?...
  7. Forgot password to log into windows 10 account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/7d74d25b-98e6-4de0-9047-d4ab0191ca95
  8. forgot password to log into windows 10 account

forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/d3a3d88a-d886-4a6f-8b79-9c6e99dc6536
  9. forgot password to log into windows 10 account

forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/fdf9fd39-a11a-48f3-bea1-55b746f64552
  10. Forgot Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forgot Microsoft account password: I cannot log in to my laptop because I have forgotten the password. If I click on ‘I forgot my password’ , the system requires me to enter email address that I used to create Microsoft account but it is no longer in use. I don’t remember it either. So I am in a deadlock...