Windows 10: forgot windows log in password

Discus and support forgot windows log in password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi i have this pc i built about a year ago.. it was in storage and finally was able to get it out but now i cant remember the password i created... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lawless1, Feb 21, 2017.

1. lawless1 Win User

forgot windows log in password

Hi

i have this pc i built about a year ago.. it was in storage and finally was able to get it out but now i cant remember the password i created for windows .. im not sure how to go about getting this fixed and would luv to be able to game on this bad boy .. please all and any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you

:)

lawless1, Feb 21, 2017
  2. David Haz Win User

Forgot log on password

You may attempt to reset your PC by pressing the Power button while holding the
    Shift key, and press Restart. On the Boot options
    menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC
    > Keep my files.

David Haz, Feb 21, 2017
  3. David Haz Win User
    Forgot log on password

Hello,

May we know if you are logging in to your device using a Microsoft Account or a local user account?

If you are using a Microsoft Account, and you can't remember your password, follow these steps to create a new one:

• Go to the
      Reset your password
      page.
    • Choose the reason you need for the password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen, then click Next.
    • If you have security info on your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.

If you're signing in to your PC with a local account, not a Microsoft account, you may follow the steps here in

Reset your Windows 10 local account password

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Feb 21, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello lawless1, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Depending on if you have a local account or Microsoft account setup on the PC, you could see if you may be able to use an option in the tutorial below to reset your password.

Password of User Account - Reset in Windows 10

Otherwise, you may need to clean install Windows 10 on the PC.

Windows 10 - Clean Install

Brink, Feb 21, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
  6. lawless1 Win User
    thnx for the response.. i have looked into this method but i dont have a windows 10 boot disk. believe just upgraded to windows 10. this is the trouble i keep running into. i cant find any where to download a win 10 boot usb from.

lawless1, Feb 21, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    If you don't have a boot USB the Option Four I pointed you to earlier has another way to get to a command prompt. It's the 'Tip' in step 1.

8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Feb 21, 2017
  9. sml156 Win User
    sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. forgot windows log in password - Similar Threads - forgot log password

2. Forgot my log in password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my log in password: I can log into Windows 10 using my PIN, but want to use Password. I don't remember my Password. How can I get a new Password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-my-log-in-password/87f2fdca-1228-4647-b3d1-de59a214e9b5
  3. Forgot my log in password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my log in password: I can log into Windows 10 using my PIN, but want to use Password. I don't remember my Password. How can I get a new Password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-my-log-in-password/87f2fdca-1228-4647-b3d1-de59a214e9b5
  4. Forgot my log in password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Forgot Windows 10 password after logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot Windows 10 password after logging in: I just added a new password, but it seems like I can't get it right now that I'm trying to change/remove it. I can't restart my PC or log off or else I won't be able to log back in. What can I do now to reset/remove it? submitted by /u/Ruudent [link] [comments]...
  6. Cannot Log on Windows 10 Computer - Forgot Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Log on Windows 10 Computer - Forgot Password: Tried to boot uo in Safe Mode to fix a problem with 3rd party software. It asks for a Password which I haven't used in years / am used to using a Pin. I'm in Florida for 3 months and my password is written down in Ohio. How can I get signed in to my Computer? I have tried...
  7. Forgot password to log into windows 10 account

Forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/7d74d25b-98e6-4de0-9047-d4ab0191ca95
  8. forgot password to log into windows 10 account

forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/d3a3d88a-d886-4a6f-8b79-9c6e99dc6536
  9. forgot password to log into windows 10 account

forgot password to log into windows 10 account: I can remember my pin but not my password to log into windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-password-to-log-into-windows-10-account/fdf9fd39-a11a-48f3-bea1-55b746f64552
  10. Windows 10 log in forgot password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 log in forgot password: When I log into Windows 10, I have always used a four digit pin. Today the system said my password has expired, and I would need to reset it and then be able to use my pin again. My system is set up as a user account, and not set up with my Microsoft account information....