Windows 10: Forgotten password, locked out of computer

Discus and support Forgotten password, locked out of computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently made a dumb move by attempting to change my picture password without giving any regard to the fact I don't remember what my local text-based... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Guybot1001, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Forgotten password, locked out of computer

I recently made a dumb move by attempting to change my picture password without giving any regard to the fact I don't remember what my local text-based password was. It wasn't until I deleted my picture password when realized what I had done and ended up ultimately locking myself out of my computer. I am not a clever man. :/
    I would like to know if there is a way of resetting my password safely outside of a user accounts, or even if there is a way to reset my OS without it affecting my data. Unfortunately my college materials are in that computer. Now I am paying for the consequences of my actions.

Any useful input would be appreciated. I will try to provide additional information if possible upon request. Thanks.

:)

Guybot1001, Sep 13, 2016

2. Locked out because of forgotten password

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. Its is really frustrating when things do not work the way as it should.

I can help you with it.

I would suggest you to refer to the help article and follow through to reset your password.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reset-windows-password#1TC=windows-10

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Locked out because of forgotten password

Original title: Locked out

I have memory problems.. I have forgotten my password and don't have the phone number that's connected to my account.. I spoke to Microsoft yesterday in America and was told I might as well just dump my laptop.. The thing is I still have the account on my
    tablet.. I found all the information required for the security questions on said tablet but have received an email saying that the information isn't good enough.. How do I recover this account as I need to get into it to be able to use my laptop and the expensive
    fone number for Microsoft in england is useless. I need my laptopll

Stevensteo, Sep 13, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Forgotten password, locked out of computer

Helping users to reset / crack Windows sign-in credentials is a difficult and controversial topic. We wouldn't want to, and it wouldn't be right to assist people to get into other users accounts.

In your case the first thing I noticed when reading your post was the highlighted part in above quote. It simply can't be true that you set up a picture password without knowing your password; to set up a picture password you must first verify you are the account owner by entering your password:

Forgotten password, locked out of computer [​IMG]

My suggestion is that to sign in to Windows you use the same password you had to know and use when you created the picture password.

Thema:

Forgotten password, locked out of computer

1. Forgotten password, locked out of computer - Similar Threads - Forgotten password locked

2. recover forgotten password for computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover forgotten password for computer.: I have forgotten my password to start my computer. is there a "forgot password" or recovery I can use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-forgotten-password-for-computer/8b202f6f-1f51-4cb1-9c71-c4bd64fa4884
  3. recover forgotten password for computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover forgotten password for computer.: I have forgotten my password to start my computer. is there a "forgot password" or recovery I can use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-forgotten-password-for-computer/8b202f6f-1f51-4cb1-9c71-c4bd64fa4884
  4. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  5. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  6. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Locked out of laptop by forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of laptop by forgotten password: I usually use the Pin to log into my laptop. Now its asking for a password that I dont know. Please help Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-laptop-by-forgotten-password/b6f4f789-4673-42f5-a9f1-0dc70cda3448
  8. Computer Password Forgotten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Password Forgotten: I was going to buy a laptop from a coworker who hardly speaks english and he is not computer savvy. Nor am I when it comes to my question. I want to clean the computer and delete the viruses and malware found on it but, It wants a computer owner password. My co-worker...
  9. How can I recover forgotten password for locked computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I recover forgotten password for locked computer?: How can I recover a forgotten password for a locked computer? Is there a way to open a locked computer if you have forgotten your computer password?...
  10. Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password: Hi everyone, Urgent help needed please Yesterday my system crashed and I had to turn it off and then back on again. But it has been so long since I entered my password, that I have forgotten it. Is there any way of bypassing it so that I can get to User Accounts to...