Windows 10: Forgotten Password Wizard - Current PW incorrecct

Discus and support Forgotten Password Wizard - Current PW incorrecct in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a forgotten password disk for an assignment in class. However, the Forgotten Password Wizard will not accept my current user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Courtney Riley, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Forgotten Password Wizard - Current PW incorrecct

I'm trying to create a forgotten password disk for an assignment in class. However, the Forgotten Password Wizard will not accept my current user account password. I've even reset my password to ensure it is correct. The password works for everything else, just not this wizard. I have to show my professor the file path for the disk, but can't get past this stage. Please help, this is due tomorrow. Thanks!

:)

Courtney Riley, Aug 12, 2018

2. forgotten pw on laptop

i have forgotten my pw for my windows 10 laptop, what can do to recover my PC without reinstalling Windows?

DarrenDale, Aug 12, 2018
  3. marisaPO Win User
    Microsoft login asking for Windows password

I'm trying to login to my Microsoft account, have done the reset my password routine when I thought perhaps I had forgotten my password, but it turns out I had not forgotten my pw. The snag is that when I go to login, I get through to the step where it asks
    for my current Windows password. So login steps go login MS, MS password, and then Windows password. My Microsoft pw doesn't work. I have no clue what my Windows pw is and there is no option for "forgot my password."

What's up with this? It seems ironic that I'm selecting "ease of access" as a category. How do I get past this?

Marisa

marisaPO, Aug 12, 2018
  4. DBairddb Win User

Forgotten Password Wizard - Current PW incorrecct

WIN10 password lost but logged in with picture pw

I log into WIN10 using the picture pw. I have forgotten the other pw. How can I reset the forgotten pw to allow me to make a pw recovery disc and avoid future pw problems?

Thanks

DB

DBairddb, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Forgotten Password Wizard - Current PW incorrecct

1. Forgotten Password Wizard - Current PW incorrecct - Similar Threads - Forgotten Password Wizard

2. Forgotten Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten Password: Have a HP All-in-One with Windows 7 on it. Password forgotten. Answers to Questions to Reset Password also forgotten. Can anyone tell me how I can bypass this and reset the entry password?...
  3. Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open: I recently had to change my local Windows password and Windows Hello PIN. I'd like to update my Windows password recovery USB, but I can't get the "Forgotten Password Wizard" to open on the control panel. How do I get it to open?...
  4. forgotten password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgotten password: My granddaughter has a Viglen tablet 230 x 135mm. It hasn't been used for several years. She/we cannot remember the password. What can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/75479875-c8ee-40c8-b075-cf0e32e6d3f3
  5. Windows 10 "Forgotten Password Wizard" won't advance past first screen

Windows 10 "Forgotten Password Wizard" won't advance past first screen: I am trying to create a password-reset disk in Windows 10. I inserted a flash drive into the computer and then went to ControlPanel -> CreatePasswordResetDisk. The Forgotten Password Wizard came up. I clicked "Next" which should advance me to a dropdown menu of devices,...
  6. Forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password: Hello I need to reset my password, because I've forgotten it. Could you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-password/dd360b31-3793-4cb9-a9ce-c60e2179d50b
  7. forgotten my current password

forgotten my current password: hi when i try to change my pc to MS log in it asks for my current account password but is not accepting it, what am i doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-my-current-password/2efd0ef0-c4bf-44d8-a22e-9db49bea34e7"
  8. Forgotten Password!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten Password!!: Hello folks!! It has been a while since I have been here. My days of providing advice are over, since a couple of strokes took care of them. This time would like to be at the recipient end, and ask for some help from the Windows10 team I consider the best. *Wink Have a...
  9. Forgotten password.

Forgotten password.: I'm locked out of my old laptop. It does not recognize my fingerprint and following moving to a new house I can't find the folder with old passwords and pins etc. I haven't used this laptop in several years. Help...
  10. Windows Password Forgotten but Netplwiz was activated--PW not required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Password Forgotten but Netplwiz was activated--PW not required: I want to find out what my forgotten Windows logon password is. I am not locked out of Windows because I had run Netplwiz and unchecked the box requiring password to log on. Can it be found in the registry? (I hesitate to use Change windows logon tutorial in case it...