Windows 10: Form1 Popup

Discus and support Form1 Popup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think I'll wait for 1803 and do a reset/reinstallation. I was thinking I needed the USB drive to get Dell's software (primarily the security tools... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Winuser, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Winuser Win User

Form1 Popup

When you do the clean install do not sign in to your MS account until after the install finishes. You want to use a local account.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
  2. ericnixmd Win User

I'm getting random Form1 popups (see photo). I'm assuming this is Visual Basic. I can't seem to figure out what program is causing this and haven't noticed anything in particular that triggers it. Malwarebytes and Windows Defender scans haven't found anything.

Form1 Popup [​IMG]

:)

ericnixmd, Apr 26, 2018
  3. tood2000 Win User
    Maps for France and Germany

I thought I had got there! , but realised my memory card was only 2Gb.

fitted a new 8gb one but now get this erroron the map loader: -

Exception Text **************

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'MLCustomList.MLCustomList.UpdateStatushandlerList'.

at MapLoader20.UIElements.PageDownload..ctor(Int32 id)

at MapLoader20.TabBackground.CreateDownloadPage(Object param, Int32 id)

at MapLoader20.UIElements.TopButton.get_GetPage()

at MapLoader20.TabBackground.OnEnterTab(TopButton button)

at MapLoader20.UIElements.TopButton.OnButtonClick()

at MapLoader20.UIElements.TopButton.set_Active(TopButton value)

at MapLoader20.TabBackground.SelectPage(Int32 id)

at MapLoader20.Form1.LoadPages()

at MapLoader20.Form1.OnInitialized()

at MapLoader20.Form1.bw_drive_status_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at MapLoader20.MsgBoxThread._worker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

I have tried re installing and updating what I can not sure what to do now.

Tood

tood2000, Apr 26, 2018
  4. NDave Win User

Form1 Popup

Detect incoming call

I manage it to work something like this, it also hide the default incoming call popup.

using System; using System.Linq; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System.Drawing; using System.Text; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Runtime.InteropServices; namespace CallDetector { public partial
    class Form1 : Form { private Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.SystemState incomingProperty; public Form1() { incomingProperty = new Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.SystemState(Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.SystemProperty.PhoneIncomingCall); incomingProperty.Changed
    += new Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.ChangeEventHandler(incomingProperty_Changed); } private void incomingProperty_Changed(object sender, Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.ChangeEventArgs args) { IntPtr incomingHandle = FindWindow(IntPtr.Zero, "Phone - Incoming...");
    label2.Text = "Status: Incoming Call"; label2.Text += Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Status.SystemState.PhoneIncomingCallerNumber; // 0x80 = Hide Window, 0x1 = No Size, 0x2 = No Move SetWindowPos(incomingHandle.ToInt32(), HWND_BOTTOM, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0x80); } [DllImport("CoreDll")]
    public static extern IntPtr FindWindow(IntPtr classname, string WindowName); [DllImport("CoreDll")] public static extern bool SetWindowPos(int hWnd, int hWndInsertAfter, int x, int y, int cx, int cy, uint nFlags); public const int HWND_BOTTOM = 0x1; public
    const uint SWP_NOSIZE = 0x1; public const uint SWP_NOMOVE = 0x2; public const uint SWP_SHOWWINDOW = 0x40; public const uint SWP_HIDEWINDOW = 0x80; } }

NDave, Apr 26, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    Sorry but your screenshot hasn't appeared. You can follow this guide to get you started.

swarfega, Apr 26, 2018
  6. Anak Win User
  7. ericnixmd Win User
    @Anak, thanks for the link. It found 4 threats (see pic). Sorry I forgot to attach the image from the original post.

Form1 Popup [​IMG]

ericnixmd, Apr 26, 2018
  8. spunk Win User

Form1 Popup

Click Clean and Repair, restart and see if the box appears again

spunk, Apr 26, 2018
  9. ericnixmd Win User
    So far it hasn't appeared again. I had to run clean and repair after rebooting though. Just wanted to make sure it was gone, and the AOL one still remained.

Curious how I could've gotten these since I'm pretty vigilant about visiting only work related websites (except this forum).

ericnixmd, Apr 26, 2018
  10. Anak Win User
    You're welcome,

Check your browser extensions for AOL if there remove it, if not, look in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features for it and uninstall it from there.

Curious? Somehow somewhere they snuck by you.

11. EdTittel Win User
    I have a different suggestion to make regarding AOL. I fought this beast on my parents' PCs, both of whom were long-time AOL customers who decided to get off that bus and onto something faster back in the late 2000s (2007 or 8, if memory serves). It took me more than a day to figure out how to remove all traces of AOL from what must've been XP back then. Then I discovered the AOL Removal Tool at MajorGeeks. It's still there, and still worth using. Does an excellent job of cleaning up the aftermath. Use it with my encouragement and blessings.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 27, 2018
  12. ericnixmd Win User
    @EdTittel Malwarebytes blocked your link for malware. Sure it's safe?
    @Anak I had AIM installed last year (around May) and removed it shortly after. I haven't had any Form1 popups until about 1-2 months ago. They occur sporadically. Wouldn't think AIM would surface that far out, but anything is possible.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was clicking the ad download button -- almost fell for it. Must get sleep (only had 2 hours over the past 24 hours).

ericnixmd, Apr 27, 2018
  13. ericnixmd Win User

Form1 Popup

Had quite a few "remnants" of AOL/AIM that were removed. Thanks for the link. *Smile

ericnixmd, Apr 27, 2018
  14. Anak Win User
    Yes, anything is possible.

Thanks Ed.

15. ericnixmd Win User
    Thought this was fixed, but then it popped back up randomly. Ran Adware again, nothing found.

This solidifies my desire to do a complete wipe and reinstallation of Windows with my Dell recovery USB this weekend.

ericnixmd, Apr 27, 2018
Thema:

Form1 Popup

1. Form1 Popup - Similar Threads - Form1 Popup

2. Microsoft shows another Bing popup advertisement to Windows users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows another Bing popup advertisement to Windows users: Microsoft has done it again. This time, the company displayed a popup advertising its Bing search service to Chrome users on Windows devices. The popup appeared for users who launched Chrome on the Windows device. It read "Chat with GPT-4 for free on Chrome! Get hundreds of...
  3. Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup: Timeline:> I start my pc> Keyboard and mouse connects> UEFI popup> Windows loading> Keyboard and mouse disconnects without me knowing> Stuck at login screen for about 4 seconds> Keyboard and mouse connects back upI have attempted to disconnect and reconnect my mouse and...
  4. Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup: Timeline:> I start my pc> Keyboard and mouse connects> UEFI popup> Windows loading> Keyboard and mouse disconnects without me knowing> Stuck at login screen for about 4 seconds> Keyboard and mouse connects back upI have attempted to disconnect and reconnect my mouse and...
  5. How to hide the language selection popup after 23h2 image task sequence completion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide the language selection popup after 23h2 image task sequence completion?: We are using MECM version 2309. 23h2 English United states ISO and using French language pack on top of it. Post imaging using MECM task sequence, we are getting a popup to select ENG or FRE screenshot attached. This behavior happens only with FRE image and for English it...
  6. How to hide the language selection popup after 23h2 image task sequence completion?

How to hide the language selection popup after 23h2 image task sequence completion?: We are using MECM version 2309. 23h2 English United states ISO and using French language pack on top of it. Post imaging using MECM task sequence, we are getting a popup to select ENG or FRE screenshot attached. This behavior happens only with FRE image and for English it...
  7. Stop popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop popup: How to stop popup from McAfee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-popup/dc438166-4c7d-4a78-aa9d-fe07d9374ac5
  8. Stop popup

Stop popup: How to stop popup from McAfee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-popup/dc438166-4c7d-4a78-aa9d-fe07d9374ac5
  9. Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup: I need help, I've been seeing these black box pop ups on my computer. It appears and disappears fast within a second. It happens every few minutes and it's been bothering me. Why is it doing this, and can it be fixed? I've tried the cleaning tool already but still nothing. I...
  10. Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup

Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup: I need help, I've been seeing these black box pop ups on my computer. It appears and disappears fast within a second. It happens every few minutes and it's been bothering me. Why is it doing this, and can it be fixed? I've tried the cleaning tool already but still nothing. I...