Windows 10: Formating 1tb external for Windows 10 & Mac OS on HP Pavilion G6

Discus and support Formating 1tb external for Windows 10 & Mac OS on HP Pavilion G6 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Need to undertake the above for my daughter's college course. Haven't a clue where to start and I am not particularly technical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thwakum, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Thwakum Win User

Formating 1tb external for Windows 10 & Mac OS on HP Pavilion G6

Hello,
    Need to undertake the above for my daughter's college course. Haven't a clue where to start and I am not particularly technical (understatement). Have found a lot stuff here about merits of FAT and exFat, but just need a working how to. Video will be involved at full 1080p so I suspect that the 4gb limit will be a hinderance (assuming 3 minutes per gb). Any help in plain English much appreciated.

:)

Thwakum, Sep 9, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do i remove windows 10 from my laptop

A full set of drivers for Windows 7 is available on the HP website -
    Click HERE

Yes you should be able to download the drivers onto a USB flash drive (formatted to FAT32) on a MAC and then transfer them to the HP Pavillion G6 for installation . . .

DaveM121, Sep 9, 2015
  3. 7sean68 Win User
    Intel microcode update

hp pavilion g6-2288ee

CPU: Intel i3-3110M

7sean68, Sep 9, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Sep 9, 2015
  5. Thwakum Win User
    Thwakum, Sep 9, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    OK.... just that the title of your thread mentioned MAC OS in it.

NavyLCDR, Sep 9, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    I'd recommend NTFS over ExFAT.

Note that in El Capitan (Mac OSX 10.11) the NTFS-3G driver mentioned in @NavyLCDR's link doesn't work without some tweaking due to SIP (Extra OS Hardening).

The solution is to sign on to the recovery partition (press alt key at startup), go to terminal and then enter csrutil disable. See Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan beta compatibility Twocanoes Support You'll need to do this on any 10.11 Mac that you want to use to write to NTFS but you can read from it no problem.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Formating 1tb external for Windows 10 & Mac OS on HP Pavilion G6 - Similar Threads - Formating 1tb external

2. Hp pavilion G6 1302tx notebook windows 10 touchpad driver problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp pavilion G6 1302tx notebook windows 10 touchpad driver problem.: I have hp pavillion G6 1302tx notebook, I am currently using windows 10, and the moment I installed it on a local shop my touchpad and keyboard is not working properly I have tried every possible method update, install, uninstall,reset PC but the problem does not go away...
  3. HP Pavilion g6 2213 - Graphics & audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion g6 2213 - Graphics & audio drivers: For anyone struggling with one of these, here's a link to my Google Drive. These are the drivers I used with Windows 10; HP-G6-laptop - Google Drive IDT High Definition Audio (Dolby) Radeon HD Graphics 183524
  4. Clean installing Windows 10 professional on HP Pavilion g6 notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean installing Windows 10 professional on HP Pavilion g6 notebook: Dear Community Members, I have a HP Pavilion g6 notebook running windows 7 64 bit at home . I plan on doing a clean install on to the Windows 10 professional software version. I have checked the Windows 10 hardware/computer specification as listed by Microsoft:...
  5. HP Pavilion g6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Pavilion g6: My friend gave me a HP pavilion g6 that needed all information deleted off the hard drive but i accidentally deleted the operating system how do i redownload it[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-g6/e780dc6f-e218-4a2a-bd4a-4e7d3aa1c35c
  6. HP Pavilion g6 Web cam picture is not clear in windows 10

HP Pavilion g6 Web cam picture is not clear in windows 10: HI! I am wanting to use the HP webcam on a Pavilion g6. It is a 64-bit and I updated it to windows 10 myself last summer. I have never used the web cam before but I am a teacher and would like to use it for recording myself to read to my first graders. I can see the...
  7. reading a CD on an HP Pavilion g6

reading a CD on an HP Pavilion g6: my HP pavilion g6 has a DVD reader, but I can't read a CD. shouldn't it read both a CD and a DVD??? or do I need new equipment? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reading-a-cd-on-an-hp-pavilion-g6/2c68a371-5944-45ce-950b-2b25d86632b6
  8. 03f0 hp pavilion g6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    03f0 hp pavilion g6: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop HP PAVILION G6. First, when i turned on the laptop, the system (windows 10) was starting up, after pushing enter the windows circle was turning, but after that - the screen of the laptop tuned off and it wasnt highlighted (the diode and...
  9. HP Pavilion G6 1371EA running extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Pavilion G6 1371EA running extremely slow: Apologies if this seems a bit prematurely but I would like to get ready before diagnosing the laptop. *Redface My daughter’s laptop is running extremely slow, so slow I could not connect to it though TeamViewer. She will be bringing it to me on Sunday. I believe it has been...
  10. can't format my 1TB external

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't format my 1TB external: My Seagate 1TB external won't reformat. I put Macrium Reflect 7 on my computer because I need to change my hard drive. I tried cloning my computer. I plugged the external in and it erased all my data and changed the name to F:Reserve. When I try to open it, it says file...