Windows 10: Formatted Recovery (D:)

Discus and support Formatted Recovery (D:) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently formatted the recovery (d:) of my HP windows 10 laptop. I have recovery media on a USB that I made after I set up my laptop. My questions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by threesia, Jul 25, 2018.

1. threesia Win User

Formatted Recovery (D:)

I recently formatted the recovery (dFormatted Recovery (D:) :) of my HP windows 10 laptop. I have recovery media on a USB that I made after I set up my laptop.

My questions are:

1. Is it okay that I formatted the recovery (dFormatted Recovery (D:) :)? Im confused because some articles said that I don't need the partition since I already have the USB Recovery media while some said that it is important for restoring.

2. Is there anyway that I could get the recovery files back on the recovery(dFormatted Recovery (D:) :)?

Thank you.

:)

threesia, Jul 25, 2018
  2. mc-dexter Win User

Formatted Data Recovery...

Here's me with yet another problem to post lol... well not so much a problem this time... just i really could do with knowing a good recovery program for recovering from formatted drives, i'd like freeware obviously, but i really don't mind if i end up having to pay for the software... so any suggestions would be great *Smile Formatted Recovery (D:) :) ... or even better recommendations of a already tried and tested program/method *Big Grin Formatted Recovery (D:) :D

mc-dexter, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Formatting Windows 10 with recovery drivers in (DFormatted Recovery (D:) :)

Hello Ishaan,

I realize that you are trying to know whether the recovery drive also will upgrade when the operating system upgrades to Windows 10. We will help you.

The recovery drive which came with the system will consist of the Operating system which you had when you purchased the system and will upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 when the Operating system upgrades.

So when you are restoring the Windows from the recovery drive it will restore the Windows 8 itself and not the upgraded Windows 10.

• Are you trying to Format the C: drive and install the Windows 10 or Windows 8?
    If you are trying to perform a clean install of the Windows 10. I suggest you to refer the below article and check if it helps.

Refer: How to: Do a clean install of
    Windows 10
    -
    suggested by Andre Da Costa.

Note: performing a clean install will delete/format all the data in the hard drive. it is suggested to take a backup of the data and perform the clean install.

Please post to us with the results and information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Formatted Recovery (D:) - Similar Threads - Formatted Recovery

2. Is there any solution how I can format my pc. Problem is that I don't have recovery key and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any solution how I can format my pc. Problem is that I don't have recovery key and...: My laptop worked properly except my USB ports doesn't worked for a couple weeks and one day I locked it win + L and when I came back from pause my pass didn't work even if it was correct. Now I can't format my laptop because I don't know my receovery key and can't use UBS...
  3. Is there any solution how I can format my pc. Problem is that I don't have recovery key and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any solution how I can format my pc. Problem is that I don't have recovery key and...: My laptop worked properly except my USB ports doesn't worked for a couple weeks and one day I locked it win + L and when I came back from pause my pass didn't work even if it was correct. Now I can't format my laptop because I don't know my receovery key and can't use UBS...
  4. How to format/erase Toshiba WT10-A tablet if I do not have BitLoker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format/erase Toshiba WT10-A tablet if I do not have BitLoker recovery key?: I have found in the gardbage this tablet Toshiba WT10-A and I tried to clean it, reset it and then to give it to a school boy which has no possibility to by a better device. I have cleaned the key from the bios but I am not able to reinstall the windows 8.1 because it is...
  5. How to format/erase Toshiba WT10-A tablet if I do not have BitLoker recovery key?

How to format/erase Toshiba WT10-A tablet if I do not have BitLoker recovery key?: I have found in the gardbage this tablet Toshiba WT10-A and I tried to clean it, reset it and then to give it to a school boy which has no possibility to by a better device. I have cleaned the key from the bios but I am not able to reinstall the windows 8.1 because it is...
  6. Data recovery from windows format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data recovery from windows format: I accidently downloaded microsoft windows 11 setup on my external storage and it erased all my data and made a new partition , how can i restore my partition and get my data back please they are important...
  7. Data recovery from windows format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data recovery from windows format: I accidently downloaded microsoft windows 11 setup on my external storage and it erased all my data and made a new partition , how can i restore my partition and get my data back please they are important...
  8. Data recovery from windows format

9. Data recovery from windows format

10. Drives auto formatting to recovery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drives auto formatting to recovery.: I have an old hp Pavillion x360 that used to have windows 8.1 but has been updated to windows 10, but whenever I plug in a USB drive it shows its storage as only around 100MB but the drive has a few gigs. And it is formatted to a recovery drive even though it works on other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i formatted my recovery drive d: