Formatting privileges D: drive

Discus and support Formatting privileges D: drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aktiffiso, May 25, 2018.

1. aktiffiso Win User

When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges to delete, when i try to work in a file i can open it but it ask me create a copy to save my work . Any Idea? Sorry bad english. Its a hp device i install a clean copy of windows 10 spring update. I does not use factory image because it delete files and partitions

:)

aktiffiso, May 25, 2018
  2. Likhitha V Win User

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 29, 2018
  3. Sayan_Ghosh Win User
    Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Formatting privileges D: drive - Similar Threads - Formatting privileges drive

2. Win10 built in Email App formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 built in Email App formatting: Emails I compose using the built in app (Using Surface Pro) display fine on the screen but when viewed by the recipient on any other platform line spacing is screwed up. I typically use one blank line to separate paragraphs. The recipients sees two lines. If I dont use a...
  3. I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures: I bought a new laptop with windows 10. I recently backed up my photos from my old computer and want to put them on my new computer. It keeps saying access denied. I know its not the hard drive because everything else works except the photos. I need help....
  4. My PC protect write all my flash drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC protect write all my flash drives: Hi, I've recently been encountering this issue of my USB flash drives are being 'Write protected' by my PC. I even bought a new flash drive and inserted it into my PC, it gave me the error of not being able to send things to my flash drive. I have been trying to remove the...
  5. Hard drive failing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive failing?: Recently I’ve tried to acess my HP laptop running windows 10 on it after a hard restart, but when it attempts to boot from hard drive it gove me the auto repair startup. Almost immediately after it attempts to start up, it goes to black screen. I have run tests on my hard...
  6. Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.: Hello all, I’ve moved from Norton to test out WD & would like to know whether Defender automatically scans USB devices upon connecting or will auto scan the files upon accessing/opening? Thanks, 116003
  7. "Required Privilege Not Held By The Client" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Required Privilege Not Held By The Client" error: PLEASE HELP ME I have an HP laptop computer, Windows 10 Home, Version10.0.17134 I tried your support and they could not help me. They said to perform a clean install. I do not want to do that. For the last month, I have been getting a “required privilege is not held...
  8. External old hard drive not connecting on windows 10 Hp laptop

External old hard drive not connecting on windows 10 Hp laptop: I have a sabrent 2.5" hard drive usb 3.0 Enclosure which I used to try get my data from the hard drive of my old hp laptop(windows 7). 3 months ago I tried it and it didn't work then I tried to use my friend's computer which showed the hard drive but as unallocated location(...
  9. one drive

one drive: my one drive has been updating for 2 days now. It is slowing down my computer and keeps kicking out my internet. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/one-drive/bf75eb5b-6b22-45f5-aa7d-67d59235d1c4
  10. Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage

Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage: I have two eternal hard drives hooked up to my motherboard. I can see them both in This PC and can copy and delete files from both. I actually wiped them both clean and formatted them on this new PC that I just built, and everything seemed fine until I installed Intel Rapid...