Formatting privileges D: drive

Discus and support Formatting privileges D: drive in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aktiffiso, May 26, 2018.

1. aktiffiso Win User

When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges to delete, when i try to work in a file i can open it but it ask me create a copy to save my work . Any Idea? Sorry bad english. Its a hp device i install a clean copy of windows 10 spring update. I does not use factory image because it delete files and partitions

:)

aktiffiso, May 26, 2018
  2. Likhitha V Win User

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 29, 2018
  3. Sayan_Ghosh Win User
    Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Formatting privileges D: drive

Formatting privileges D: drive - Similar Threads - Formatting privileges drive

1. Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to bring back a Win 10 bootable HDD without formatting?: Hello! I had to change laptops and swapped their hard drives and because of this, I had to install win 10 again using a bootable usb drive. Unfortunately, I didn't have any usb drive with a decent size and I had to use my external hard drive (where I had some tv shows...
  2. How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use Mac formatted HFS+ Drive on Windows: [ATTACH] File management plays the most crucial role on a computer system. It controls how data are stored, organized and retrieved from a storage medium. In other words, it simply separates data on the drive and tags them with filenames and [...] This post How to use Mac...
  3. Microsoft Edge will soon support WebP image format

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge will soon support WebP image format: Microsoft remains committed to the Edge browser and the company recently announced that they have started implementing support for Google’s WebP image format in Windows 10’s default browser. Today Microsoft published a new extension in the Store called “WebP Images format”...
  4. Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily

in Windows 10 Support
    Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily: WMP Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily Everything you need to know right here to get you easily set up in no time using Windows Media Player and Shark007 Advanced Codec Pack. ***This Applies to Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10*** Are you frustrated having your Audio...
  5. Windows Media Player - Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Media Player - Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily: WMP Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily Everything you need to know right here to get you easily set up in no time using Windows Media Player and Shark007 Advanced Codec Pack. ***This Applies to Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10*** Are you frustrated having your Audio...
  6. VBA Forms textbox Date format locale problem

in Windows 10 Support
    VBA Forms textbox Date format locale problem: I'm using Excel VBA and an MSForms Textbox, bound to a worksheet cell containing a UK fiscal year date value of 6th April of some year I simply want to display this date in a Forms Textbox, formatted in my locale style - dd/mm/yyyy OR dd mmm yyyy I can find no way to...
  7. Formatting privileges on drive D:

in Windows 10 Support
    Formatting privileges on drive D:: When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges to delete, when i try to work in a file i can open it but it ask me create a copy to save my work . Any Idea? Sorry bad...
Formatting privileges D: drive solved