Windows 10: Formatting privileges D: drive

Discus and support Formatting privileges D: drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aktiffiso, May 25, 2018.

1. aktiffiso Win User

Formatting privileges D: drive

When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges to delete, when i try to work in a file i can open it but it ask me create a copy to save my work . Any Idea? Sorry bad english. Its a hp device i install a clean copy of windows 10 spring update. I does not use factory image because it delete files and partitions

:)

aktiffiso, May 25, 2018
  2. Likhitha V Win User

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 29, 2018
  3. Sayan_Ghosh Win User
    Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Formatting privileges D: drive

1. Formatting privileges D: drive - Similar Threads - Formatting privileges drive

2. D Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D Drive: D Drive missing with last Microsoft Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive/45fad700-9b13-4618-9bec-f529c0d8f8ea
  3. Recovery Drive D:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Drive D:: I had not backed up my system since I purchased Windows 8. But now I have a Windows 10 upgrade. I decided I needed to back up every thing, so I purchased USB with 64 GB on it. Went to System files where you backup and put the USB in the slot of my drive and thought it was...
  4. Formatted Recovery (D:)

Formatted Recovery (D:): I recently formatted the recovery (d:) of my HP windows 10 laptop. I have recovery media on a USB that I made after I set up my laptop. My questions are: 1. Is it okay that I formatted the recovery (d:)? Im confused because some articles said that I don't need the...
  5. Disk Drive D

Disk Drive D: I keep getting a message on my computer that local disk drive D is full however It doesn't show anything to get rid of in that disk drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/disk-drive-d/acf134eb-bb3f-4828-857c-02b6e81e6825
  6. lost D drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lost D drive: I have an Acer Aspire U27-880 , all in one desktop computer utilising operating system windows 10 home edition 64 bit. yesterday I ran a program called 'intel (R) rapid storage'. After turning computer off the on, I found my D drive had disappeared. there is no record of it...
  7. Formatting privileges on drive D:

Formatting privileges on drive D:: When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges to delete, when i try to work in a file i can open it but it ask me create a copy to save my work . Any Idea? Sorry bad...
  8. BSOD and Drive (D)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and Drive (D): Since the recent November update I have been getting BSOD once or twice a day. What follows is the on screen notification: Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL(dxgnms1.sys) What puzzles me most (not that I know much about this anyway) is that when I restart it is not the (C)...
  9. Overloaded d drive

Overloaded d drive: I keep getting a message that my d drive has very little space. My computer is only 2 months old. Can anuyone help me? 36233
  10. Windows 10 Pro (Format the Factory Restore drive D for other uses?

Windows 10 Pro (Format the Factory Restore drive D for other uses?: I Bought an HP Pavilion Slimline (s5310f) computer in 2010 with Windows 7 Factory installed OS. Than I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate OS. Installed Windows 10 Pro. I deleted Windows/OLD. What is in the Factory Image that shows up in MY PC files ? It is also...