Windows 10: Formatting privileges on drive D:

Discus and support Formatting privileges on drive D: in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aktiffiso, May 26, 2018.

1. aktiffiso Win User

Formatting privileges on drive D:

When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges to delete, when i try to work in a file i can open it but it ask me create a copy to save my work . Any Idea? Sorry bad english. Its a hp device i install a clean copy of windows 10 spring update. I does not use factory image because it delete files and partitions

1.- Create a System image FActory image from hp and store in usb
    2.- Create 2 parition 1 for system 2 for data
    3.- In D I store my data
    4.- FFormat pc whith image create in another usb whith mediacreation tool Spring update (i like this because is a clean image and not have bloatware)
    5.- I try to use my Files stored in D:
    6.- When i use a word file and edit it windows ask me create a copy to save changues
    7.-A) i do rigth click b)see the context menu and choose delete c) see the uac shield and if iclick it i see a uac promt who ask administrator privileges to delete, after say yes i can delete file.
    8.- Only the files created affter step 4.- Formatt ask me administrator privileges to delete and ask for a copy to edit

:)

aktiffiso, May 26, 2018

2. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 29, 2018
  3. Format an external Drive.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to format the drive you are referring to.

• Right Click on Start menu and select Open Computer Management.

• In the left pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.

• Right-click the volume that you want to format, and then click Format.

• To format the volume with the default settings, in the Format dialog box, click
      OK, and then click OK again.
    Note: You cannot format a disk or partition that is currently in use, including the partition that contains Windows.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Formatting privileges on drive D:

1. Formatting privileges on drive D: - Similar Threads - Formatting privileges drive

2. Missing DRIVE DATA D after accidentally Formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing DRIVE DATA D after accidentally Formatting: 2 days ago, I was tyring to free up storage on my local disk c but after latest windows update end of april 2021, I think some option was changed. The one option that I used is gone. Long story short, I found an option that I think was the new one, "Manage Storage Spaces", I...
  3. My D drive is gone after i formatted it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My D drive is gone after i formatted it.: i decided to completely reset my pc and reinstall windows, have been looking at the forums for a fix for this but found nothing that worked. I wanted the D drive reset as well so i formatted it and now it's just gone off my laptop. I don't know if they are one drive and you...
  4. Formater RECOVERY :D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formater RECOVERY :D: Bonjour j'ai un problème, j'ai formaté RECOVERY D: en confondant rapidement avec ma clé USB, je ne sais pas comment faire pour récupérer les données dans RECOVERY D: Merci pour votre aide Hello I have a problem, I format RECOVERY D: quickly confusing with my USB drive, I...
  5. How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?: i formatted D Drive Completely and its empty. But when im using defraggler theres a files 117.9 MB files are still there. how to delete them? [ATTACH] 173930
  6. Just formatted my pc and D:\ drive is missing :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just formatted my pc and D:\ drive is missing :(: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mlaket [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dsjryp/just_formatted_my_pc_and_d_drive_is_missing/
  7. Format D: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Format D: drive: Hi, I have two disks, C and D. I just did a factory reset on C. C is now like new, but D: is still full of data and software installations (that now does not work anymore). Is it safe to format D: through the disk management tool?...
  8. How do I format a disc in Drive D:?

How do I format a disc in Drive D:?: How do I format my disc in Drive D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-format-a-disc-in-drive-d/faacf221-3c57-4aac-8da1-2e77b8aea709
  9. Formatted Recovery (D:)

Formatted Recovery (D:): I recently formatted the recovery (d:) of my HP windows 10 laptop. I have recovery media on a USB that I made after I set up my laptop. My questions are: 1. Is it okay that I formatted the recovery (d:)? Im confused because some articles said that I don't need the...
  10. Formatting privileges D: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Formatting privileges D: drive: When i reinstall windows formatting the machine or when i refresh it the files stored in d: drive ask me UAC promt and ask for administrator privileges to delete, when i try to work in a file i can open it but it ask me create a copy to save my work . Any Idea? Sorry bad...