Windows 10: Found a way to update defender manually while Updates paused

Discus and support Found a way to update defender manually while Updates paused in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro 1703- I have paused updates, but I still want to have Defender updates installed. -When paused is on, the system does not check for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chris77, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Chris77 Win User

Found a way to update defender manually while Updates paused

Win 10 Pro 1703- I have paused updates, but I still want to have Defender updates installed.
    -When paused is on, the system does not check for updates at least not immediately from what I can see.
    -So now while updates are paused I go to..............
    -Start2-Windows Update3-Go to Windows Defender
    -Open Windows Defender Security Centre
    -Go to Virus & threat protection
    -Go to Protection Updates
    -Chose "Check for Updates
    -Now one can see from Task Manager/Performance/Ethernet it does check flowing of data.

:)

Chris77, Oct 23, 2017
  2. Bhargav_ Win User

How to manually download the latest version of Windows Defender antivirus antimalware client version?

I am aware that windows defender antivirus antimalware client version automatically download itself to the latest version as a part of windows updates. But i have paused windows updates for 35 days. Is there a way to manually download the latest antimalware
    client version now?

Bhargav_, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Aoraki Win User
    I have issues with Windows10 connection (to the internet) - doesnt work for Updates / Store / Defender - works for most others..

Hi, I'm still unable to get Windows to update or to get Microsoft Store to update or to get Defender to update.

I have some 14 Apps in the store wanting to update...

I have been able to manually download the Cumulative updates for Window10 - and install these manually

I havent found a way for Defender to update.

Peter

Aoraki, Oct 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Found a way to update defender manually while Updates paused - Similar Threads - Found update defender

2. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  3. Manual install of Microsoft Defender Antivirus update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Manual install of Microsoft Defender Antivirus update: Hello,I have a laptop that does not have access to internet. I still need to scan it and update antivirus definition file.I download the file from PC that has access to internet, then transfer it to laptop and try to install update. I do it using command line and running...
  4. Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause

Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause: So if I have Windows Update paused and Defender is part of Windows why is Defender updating IF updates are paused?Pretty damn angry on this one. My monitor was switched off powered on and I came home to a dead monitor.No power. Cannot turn on. Dead like disco.I am now...
  5. Make Windows Defender Intelligence updates exceptions to Updates Pause

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Make Windows Defender Intelligence updates exceptions to Updates Pause: There's nothing I can do about the need for Defender updates, while I *can* control general updates by pausing for 7 days (repeatedly) until I've read about the safety and bugginess of those updates. I have Windows Updates paused, so I get the requests to permit Defender...
  6. is there a way to speed up updates while it is updating?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is there a way to speed up updates while it is updating?: I'm not sure if this is in the right category but I have a windows 10 laptop. is there any way to speed updateswhile it is updating? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-speed-up-updates-while-it-is/e98d7a9a-e9d4-4a66-9062-851ba8c89168
  7. Manually Updating Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manually Updating Windows Defender?: I've had two blue screen errors recently with the stop code "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL." I was told that this was related to Windows Defender and that it may need an update, or may need to be reinstalled. However, when I try to check for updates, what has happened multiple times...
  8. Manually updating Windows Defender Antimalware Platform

Manually updating Windows Defender Antimalware Platform: I have downloaded latest KB file for updating WD Antimalware Platform from MS catalog for an offline PC I own. But there are three different executables with very long names. How do you apply the update? Do I need to run every one of them? TIA. 137319
  9. Pause Updates Not Pausing

Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  10. Windows Defender Manual Update Error

Windows Defender Manual Update Error: When I attempt to do a manual update of Windows Defender definitions I get an error message. From the Windows Defender Security Center, clicking "Check for Updates" results in the message shown in the following screen shot: [img] When I attempt manual update from...