Windows 10: Found corrupt files but not fixed

Discus and support Found corrupt files but not fixed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I was having a problem with my start button on windows 10, so i decided to go ahead and do sfc /scannow. It said it found corrupt files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ryanm353, May 16, 2016.

1. ryanm353 Win User

Found corrupt files but not fixed

Hi there,

I was having a problem with my start button on windows 10, so i decided to go ahead and do sfc /scannow. It said it found corrupt files, but could not repair them, so i went ahead and done DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. This then said "Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found."

I originally had windows 7 installed but then upgraded to windows 10. I dont know how to go about fixing this problem now.. can anyone please help?

Thanks!

:)

ryanm353, May 16, 2016
  2. PaulPChou Win User

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cannot repair some of them/1709 build

Hi

I had a hard time reading the CBS log and had no clues as to what are the corruptions. I found many errors stating duplicates. How can I send the cbs log file so that you can check on your end? I need your help.

PaulPChou, May 16, 2016
  3. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cannot repair some of them/1709 build

Addressed to the Microsoft Representative, I am experiencing the same issue. On running sfc /scannow in admin command prompt, it generates a long text saying it found some integrity issues and could not fix them. I also ran the dism.exe commands:

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

It checks out fine, then I ran

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

It also checked out fine.

I updated my windows and restarted 2 times and came back to admin command prompt and ran sfc /scannow.

Still the corrupted files can't be fixed by the windows resource protection. Please Help.

Mayank7668, May 16, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, try the solution by Kyhi 2nd post in this thread:
    Solved New windows 10 build 10586.3 DISM (Error 0x800f081f) - Windows 10 Forums

brummyfan, May 16, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Use the Tech Bench link to donload YOUR version of Windows 10.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, May 16, 2016
  6. ryanm353 Win User
    I tried that but im still getting the same thing back *Sad

ryanm353, May 16, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    1. Did you download exactly the same Windows 10 Edition, Language and Bit-version as the computer is running ?
    2. Did you pay attention to the "Note" ........................
    Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

davidhk, May 16, 2016
  8. ryanm353 Win User

Yep I did, however i noticed that instead of install.wim its install.esd?

ryanm353, May 16, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Then you were not using the Tech Bench link I gave you.
    Don't take part of the suggestion and mix/match with another suggestion.

davidhk, May 16, 2016
  10. ryanm353 Win User
    Oops yeah you were right. I selected the wrong iso, but i picked the right one and it worked. Thanks!

ryanm353, May 17, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.
    Happy computing.

davidhk, May 17, 2016
  12. ryanm353 Win User
    Maybe I was wrong..

I did sfc /scannow and it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log."

The DISM operation did complete successfully, but sfc still says about corrupt files?

ryanm353, May 17, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Run the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth in the elevated command prompt.
    It will say operation successful.
    Then run sfc /scannow again.
    This time it will say found corrupt files and repair is successful.

See my screenshot.........................

Found corrupt files but not fixed [​IMG]

davidhk, May 17, 2016
  14. swarfega Win User
    I have a similar problem and the command returned this error:

swarfega, May 17, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    See my reply..................post #3.

davidhk, May 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Found corrupt files but not fixed - Similar Threads - Found corrupt files

2. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.: I need help, I've rebooted my Pc 3 times now but everything still crashes. Even with a clean state it says I still have corrupt files. I have no idea what to do.Browser crashes after 5 minutes, Steam and games crashes every time I load it up. I basically can't use the pc...
  3. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.: I need help, I've rebooted my Pc 3 times now but everything still crashes. Even with a clean state it says I still have corrupt files. I have no idea what to do.Browser crashes after 5 minutes, Steam and games crashes every time I load it up. I basically can't use the pc...
  4. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix': Just built a computer having issues with BSOD, ran sfc /scannow and it was able to repair some corrupt files but was unable to fix all of them. It downloaded a CBS log to my computer. Not sure what to do. Computer consistently crashes. Windows 10...
  6. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix: Everytime i run "sfc/scannow" i get this: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For...
  7. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix: When shutting down, after the drive light has stopped, the power button continues to blink requiring a forced off holding down the power button. Although possibly coincidence, when the laptop is started and later shutdown while on battery vs. commercial power, the machine...
  8. SFC found corrupt files but couldn't fix, help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC found corrupt files but couldn't fix, help: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. CBS file 139101
  9. SFC found corrupt files but couldn't fix, help

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC found corrupt files but couldn't fix, help: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. CBS file 139101
  10. BSOD & corrupt files found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD & corrupt files found: Hi guys, new here. Recently I've gotten 3 BSOD's within the past week, with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." I also ran the command SFC /scannow, which detects corrupted...