Windows 10: Found corrupt files (SFC scan)

Discus and support Found corrupt files (SFC scan) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Was on Win 8.1 and found nothing of the sort "windows did not find any integrity violations". Upgraded to windows 10 and boom "Windows Resource... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CandleJakk, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Found corrupt files (SFC scan)

Was on Win 8.1 and found nothing of the sort "windows did not find any integrity violations". Upgraded to windows 10 and boom "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

Full DISM log:
    http://filebin.ca/2SEZKHF2uc6o

:)

CandleJakk, Jan 3, 2016

2. Cortana and Start menu are not responding after the PC reboot in Windows 10.

No help. SFC scan and DISM scan found nothing wrong, no corrupt files.

JudithArndt, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Dan Banks Win User
    Dan Banks, Jan 3, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Found corrupt files (SFC scan)

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    It will take some time.
    When it is finished, it will give you the report.

There is a chance you get the error code and message that " sources file could not be found ".
    If that happens, please post back. There is a way to fix that.

davidhk, Jan 3, 2016
  5. " Sources file could not be found."

CandleJakk, Jan 3, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    OK. Use the Tech Bench link below, download the iso file and save it to your computer.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

When the iso is downloaded, right click at it > click Mount. ( Take note the drive letter on which the iso is mounted )
    Now go back to the Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy and paste this...................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is meant to be the letter of the drive on which the iso is mounted. Change H to your actual drive letter.

davidhk, Jan 3, 2016
  7. It solved the problem but after a few days did an SFC scan and the error recurred. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log"

CandleJakk, Jan 4, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Found corrupt files (SFC scan) - Similar Threads - Found corrupt files

2. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  3. Corrupted files in sfc scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted files in sfc scan: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C: Windows Logs \CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log...
  4. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.: I need help, I've rebooted my Pc 3 times now but everything still crashes. Even with a clean state it says I still have corrupt files. I have no idea what to do.Browser crashes after 5 minutes, Steam and games crashes every time I load it up. I basically can't use the pc...
  5. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.: I need help, I've rebooted my Pc 3 times now but everything still crashes. Even with a clean state it says I still have corrupt files. I have no idea what to do.Browser crashes after 5 minutes, Steam and games crashes every time I load it up. I basically can't use the pc...
  6. SFC scan found corrupt files but can't fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Corrupted Files found Using SFC Scan Error 23

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted Files found Using SFC Scan Error 23: Hello Windows has been unable to update and now I cannot even use troubleshoot. I used sfc /scannow and received this message I then attempted to use DISM /ONLINE / CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH and received this errorI do not have the folder it mentions. How do I fix this...
  8. Corrupted Files found Using SFC Scan Error 23

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Files found Using SFC Scan Error 23: Hello Windows has been unable to update and now I cannot even use troubleshoot. I used sfc /scannow and received this message I then attempted to use DISM /ONLINE / CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH and received this errorI do not have the folder it mentions. How do I fix this...
  9. Corrupted Files found Using SFC Scan Error 23

10. SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...: As the thread title states. However, my system is running and booting up as it should. This corruption has me concerned. Here's a screenshot of the CMD, after running scf /scannow. [img] I also ran the command, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are corrupt files from pc scan