Windows 10: Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

Discus and support Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am confused why these 3 accounts are here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sam Koehler, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

I am confused why these 3 accounts are here

:)

Sam Koehler, Feb 28, 2024

2. Unknown User Account

Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely.

The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz, Windows Settings --> Accounts this Unknown User Account is nowhere to be seen, yet when I use regedit and open a random Properties menu I notice an Unknown User Account there. I tried to delete it, but it automatically adds itself again. See screenshot:

Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit.  Only file where this... 205617d1537909145t-unknown-user-account-registry-unknown-account.png

Above you see the Unknown User Account, and below I'll post several screenshots of other locations on my PC where you don't see it. I'm using a Dutch version, and Openbaar means Public, in case anyone wonders.

Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit.  Only file where this... 205619d1537909288t-unknown-user-account-c-users.png

Next screenshot is taken from This PC --> Properties --> Advanced Settings --> User Profiles --> Settings:

Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit.  Only file where this... 205620d1537909385t-unknown-user-account-user-profiles.png

Next screenshot is taken from the Configuration Screen --> User Accounts:

Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit.  Only file where this... 205625d1537910822t-unknown-user-account-config-screen-user-accounts.png

Next screenshot is taken from lusrmgr.msc Users:

Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit.  Only file where this... 205622d1537909700t-unknown-user-account-lusrmgr.msc-users.png

Next screenshot is taken from lusrmgr.msc User Groups:

Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit.  Only file where this... 205623d1537909744t-unknown-user-account-lusrmgr.msc-user-groups.png

You see, I wasn't kidding when I said that this mysterious Unknown User Account is nowhere to be seen, except of course in Regedit --> Properties of a random key or name.

To be clear I only have a few Accounts.
    An Administrator Account, which is also my Microsoft Account, and I activated the Build-in Administrator Account:
    net user administrator /active:yes

I've checked if it was possible to see this Unknown Account if I logged into my Build-in Administrator Account: but the answer is the same as when I'm logged in my Administrator Account I use daily. There was no difference!

So the mystery is still alive, where is this elusive Unknown User Account located, and how do I delete it?

PS I've read at least 10 different websites/forums today but none have an answer for my specific problem.
    Hopefully someone is knowledgeable enough here to help me...

Regards Carlo

witten1972, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Random pictures and Unknown Users

Hi everyone,

I've had a look around this and other forums for an answer to this question, but being a very non-tech savvy individual, I haven't really been able to find an answer that both 1) I understand 2) applies specifically to my situation. Basically I was using
    file explorer earlier and searched My PC for all jpg files on my computer and I was alarmed to see a whole bunch of pictures that were clearly not downloaded by me. Nothing scandalous or anything, but clearly nothing I would have downloaded. I went through
    and right clicked on the pictures and went to properties, and looked under 'security,' and while some of the unknown pictures just had the normal cluster of 'system,' myself, and administrator in the Groups or Username Box, some of the other unknown pictures
    said, ominously, "Unknown User S-1-15-2....."

Have I been hacked? It seems really odd that some stranger would go uploading random images to my computer. A few additional details:

The unknown photos that did not have the 'Unknown Account' listed under security all seemed to be generated in the past few days, without my knowledge, and those that did list the unknown account in the security tab all began with the word 'apps' followed
    by a dot and a seemingly infinite string of numbers. I did recently update my operating system from Windows 8 to Windows 10, so I'm wondering if that could have something to do with it? I believe I read somewhere that the Unknown User issue can be caused by
    changing versions of Windows, but that still doesn't seem to explain the other random photos on my computer...

Any advice would be appreciated, as I'm starting to get a bit paranoid about this.

Thanks!

bipolarbear25, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Steve_809 Win User

Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

1. Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this... - Similar Threads - Found random characters

2. Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found random characters in 3 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these 3 accounts are here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-3-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a
  3. Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these accounts are here and what the foreign language is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-2-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a
  4. Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found random characters in 2 unknown users account in regedit. Only file where this...: I am confused why these accounts are here and what the foreign language is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-random-characters-in-2-unknown-users-account/43111b5c-0c0e-48d0-aca6-5890d8eae30a
  5. Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations: Hello,Everything started when I was playing a game. After reopening it to play again I noticed some keys were not working. Not exactly the keys, because they worked in elsewhere, not in the game. But I didn't change the bindings.After a lot of research, I wanted to turn on...
  6. Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random unknown characters appearing in strange situations: Hello,Everything started when I was playing a game. After reopening it to play again I noticed some keys were not working. Not exactly the keys, because they worked in elsewhere, not in the game. But I didn't change the bindings.After a lot of research, I wanted to turn on...
  7. Unknown Files with Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Files with Strange Characters: There is Files on my USB Drive that have strange characters on them when I click on them they do not Open Does anyone know what this means? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-files-with-strange-characters/73b8f649-6368-478a-9264-ac1b56536c0f"
  8. Keyboard enters random characters in File Explorer only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard enters random characters in File Explorer only: [ATTACH] Before I go buy a new keyboard, wanted to check if anyone has any ideas. That random text should be \"hello\" This issue happens in File Explorer when trying to upload files in the browser. Only Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox are affected. For some...
  9. No admin account on tablet, unknown "Other user" only account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No admin account on tablet, unknown "Other user" only account: I have a Windows tablet and it was powered down during a reset. There are no administrator accounts on it and the only account is "Other user", which I can't log into because I don't know what the password is. Can't bring up command prompt or anything requiring admin...
  10. Unknown User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown User Account: Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely. The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz,...