Windows 10: Found some strange "apps" in my Firewall > Apps

Discus and support Found some strange "apps" in my Firewall > Apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The apps had access to Private and Public and are called: DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP - (long string of numbers and letters) DNS Server Forward... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by max_6001, Aug 19, 2018.

1. max_6001 Win User

Found some strange "apps" in my Firewall > Apps

The apps had access to Private and Public and are called:

DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP - (long string of numbers and letters)

DNS Server Forward Rule - TCP - (long string of numbers and letters)

DNS Server Forward Rule - UDP - (long string of numbers and letters)

DNS Server Forward Rule - UDP - (long string of numbers and letters)

Hope its nothing but you never know.

:)

max_6001, Aug 19, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Aug 19, 2018
  3. TechPowerUp Android App 2016

Yep, just realize theres no emoticons
    And i dunno its from the app or something, sometimes i need to refresh several times to show the content

One more please add app update notification from the app or button for reporting bugs or suggestion

One suggestion, may you put menu on dropdown on top corner so we can move without pressing back again and again

Thank you

micropage7, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Found some strange "apps" in my Firewall > Apps

Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Found some strange "apps" in my Firewall > Apps

1. Found some strange "apps" in my Firewall > Apps - Similar Threads - Found strange apps

2. Firewall App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall App: I have genshin game launcher in external disk already allow access in windows built-in firewall. If I install Windows firewall control or firewall app blocker, is genshin game launcher in external disk is not in allow list?...
  3. Firewall App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall App: I have genshin game launcher in external disk already allow access in windows built-in firewall. If I install Windows firewall control or firewall app blocker, is genshin game launcher in external disk is not in allow list?...
  4. Firewall Apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall Apps: After performing a repair on the place of Windows I find these apps that can communicate through the Firewall in particular there is: windows_ie_ac_001 and seeing a little around on the net I am not entirely calm. Any help and information in this regard are very welcome. 183380
  5. Strange apps in my deskbands.

Strange apps in my deskbands.: I don't know what the cause of this is, these strange apps appeared in my deskbands. At first I didn't think much of them, but I noticed that there are more of them now. What could this be? Some sort of virus? It says that it's some sort of SIM application, but I have a...
  6. Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app: We have recently installed the Office 365 version 1908 Semi-Annual Channel update in our environment. Post installation of this update we are getting the error " Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app" as per the screenshot below for Skype for Business...
  7. Strange square on some app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange square on some app: So i have strange square shape on what it should be rounded, how to fix? Nb : if you said "maybe it because you use dark reader" nope, im already test without that on firefox and the result is same [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Firewall blocked app

Firewall blocked app: What are the risks of allowing an app through a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocked-app/6d58a40d-b823-4d17-b972-67ed5d163a91"
  9. Windows Firewall Blocking App or Some App features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall Blocking App or Some App features: I have the Cricut Maker & the App … received message from windows defender/firewall that some of the features have been blocked. I have been using Cricut Design Space for the past few weeks with no issues... what do I do now? Allow the app through firewall or block? Thanks!...
  10. Strange App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange App: Anyone know what this App is (red arrow)? It's on my Administrator's Start Menu, but not my Standard's Start Menu. And I cannot get rid of it! 101995

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DNS Server Forward Rule - UDP

2. dns forward rule tcp

3. found weird apps on my phone

4. weird apps firewall win 10,
  5. dns server forward rule windows firewall