Windows 10: Four times

Discus and support Four times in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Four times today my computer restarted simply because I was away for more than ten minutes. Seriously, MS, don't force restarts on people just because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by screwwin10, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Four times

Four times today my computer restarted simply because I was away for more than ten minutes. Seriously, MS, don't force restarts on people just because they were gone from the computer a bit too long for your liking, especially not several times a day! Let us actually choose if we want to update or not. Let us know of them, don't force them, that simple.

:)

screwwin10, Feb 13, 2016

2. KB4016871 has failed to install four times

We would like to know more about your concern. Are you still experiencing the same issue on a different Windows 10 PC after doing the Windows Creator's Update or has it been resolved? Is there any error message?

Regards.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 13, 2016
  3. KB4016871 has failed to install four times

We are glad that the issue has been resolved. Feel free to post back with any further inquiries.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 13, 2016
  4. Four times

Well that's quire an assessment there! screwwin10 Welcome to the Ten Forums by the way!

As to what are you referring to however may not be specific to MS but some other software? Often depending the types of softwares you have on that start up along with Windows some of those may be auto updating which also requires a full system restart. And unless you have something specific like a popup indicating Windows updates are available have you gone in and manually checked but clicked on the schedule for restart later at all rather then clicking the immediate restart button?

Scheduling would end up seeing a system restart if not a power management setting to sleep or hibernate ending up with a full restart instead. First you need to trace things back to the cause.

Night Hawk, Feb 13, 2016
Thema:

Four times

1. Four times - Similar Threads - Four times

2. I was charged for the PC gaming pass four times how to get refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was charged for the PC gaming pass four times how to get refund: I signed up for the PC gaming pass and I was charged 10$ four seperate times. I want a refund and to just cancle getting the game pass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-charged-for-the-pc-gaming-pass-four-times/fc33f5fc-5505-45c8-90eb-611ab1a6470c
  3. I was charged for the PC gaming pass four times how to get refund

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was charged for the PC gaming pass four times how to get refund: I signed up for the PC gaming pass and I was charged 10$ four seperate times. I want a refund and to just cancle getting the game pass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-charged-for-the-pc-gaming-pass-four-times/fc33f5fc-5505-45c8-90eb-611ab1a6470c
  4. My Windows 11 system locks up two to four times a week.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 system locks up two to four times a week.: Since making the latest update - April 2022. My system wil lock up with the curser frozen in the last position. The mouse and keyboard are no longer working.The only way 6o regain connection is to force a power off and then restart the system. I have been unable to pinpoint...
  5. My Windows 11 system locks up two to four times a week.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 system locks up two to four times a week.: Since making the latest update - April 2022. My system wil lock up with the curser frozen in the last position. The mouse and keyboard are no longer working.The only way 6o regain connection is to force a power off and then restart the system. I have been unable to pinpoint...
  6. why all of a sudden I have to sign into Microsoft three to four times a day

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why all of a sudden I have to sign into Microsoft three to four times a day: I've had my computer an never had to sign in to Microsoft at all, now if I put it on sleep mode it turns it back on negating sleep waiting for me to sign into Microsoft . Can you please make it stop without making like it is my fault an here is about 2000 hoops for you to...
  7. Windows 10 update version 1903. I have tried four times to complete the upgrade but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update version 1903. I have tried four times to complete the upgrade but...: I am trying to complete the latest Windows 10 update version1903. Unfortunately I have not been able to complete this on several occasions as a failed message comes up. It state this is due to ERROR Oxc190011. Can anybody help me please to complete the upgrade?...
  8. duplicate triple even four times files in C drive... storage problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate triple even four times files in C drive... storage problem: I was planning to clone my old hdd to my new laptop and after process it did not go through but I got more than 600gb on my 1tb C drive. It is supposed to be not more than 200gb original files, document, photos etc.. in that C drive... any solution to delete those duplicated...
  9. Latest Windows update freezes at 89% mark, attempted update FOUR times!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows update freezes at 89% mark, attempted update FOUR times!: Title says it all. I keep getting a sidebar message telling me support for Windows 10 v1803 ends in November. When I go through the update process, after all the downloading and restarting, the spinning dots freeze during the 89% mark, and does not continue. I've tried to...
  10. Event Viewer Event ID# 10016 listed four consecutive times at boot??

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Event ID# 10016 listed four consecutive times at boot??: Morning Steve C, I appreciate your willingness to participate in this discussion. Thanks and regards,