Windows 10: Foxfilre 57 and Theme and Font Size Changer Not Compatible

Discus and support Foxfilre 57 and Theme and Font Size Changer Not Compatible in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since the early days of Firefox I have used the Theme and Font Size Changer add on to increase the text size of the Bookmarks Toolbar. Apparently, It... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Nov 15, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Foxfilre 57 and Theme and Font Size Changer Not Compatible

Since the early days of Firefox I have used the Theme and Font Size Changer add on to increase the text size of the Bookmarks Toolbar.
    Apparently, It does not work with FF version 57.0. Does anyone know if a compatible version is in the works or if there is a work around so I can increase the size of the Bookmarks Toolbar?

I have posted the question in the Mozillazine Firefod forum but have not received an answer that works.

My tired old eyes thank you for your help.

:)

JJG10, Nov 15, 2017
  2. elie7 Win User

Contacts font size change N900

but theme customizer is way better, you can adjust anything in it, from fonts size and colour to apps shortcuts size, if you want to install it, make sure you delete font changer first .

elie7, Nov 15, 2017
  3. elie7 Win User
    Nokia N900

no don't use font changer, delete it and install theme customizer, its way better, and you can actually choose the fonts type/size..... you'll find it in the app manager, just search fro "theme customizer"

elie7, Nov 15, 2017
  4. Foxfilre 57 and Theme and Font Size Changer Not Compatible

Do you mean this?

Foxfilre 57 and Theme and Font Size Changer Not Compatible [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Nov 15, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you.

No, I mean this one in a FF 57 Window.

Foxfilre 57 and Theme and Font Size Changer Not Compatible [​IMG]

JJG10, Nov 15, 2017
  6. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...-size-changer/

This is version 62.0, which the Mozilla Extension search engine, in its continuing brilliance, could not find. I had to search elsewhere to find the information for you. The extension seems not to do anything other than ask you a few questions about what you would like to see in a working Fx 57 version.

(Kindly note `its', the possessive form; `it's' means, among other things, "it is."; this common misuse is just one of my extensive collection of improper use of the English language, and this comment has nothing to do with you, I just felt like making an off-subject statement from my pet peeve collection.)

Not Myself, Nov 16, 2017
  7. I do not use text on the Bookmarks Tool Bar

You can try using all caps...

Josey Wales, Nov 16, 2017
  8. sml156 Win User

From what I have read Firefox 57 has been completely rewritten and most (probably all) of the older Add ons will not work, The developer's of add ons must rewrite them.

Asking on the Mozilla site is probably useless, Find a way to contact the developer and ask him/her.

sml156, Nov 16, 2017
  9. Yes they have re written it, I have been using it since Beta 2 I am now using Fx 58 Beta 4 which is even better. Some of the old extensions will not be re written.

Josey Wales, Nov 16, 2017
  10. cmasia Win User
    Josey, I downloaded 58.OB4, and when I install T&FSC I still get the same message page, requesting I fill out a survey.
    And no ability to use any of its functions.

How did you get it to work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

cmasia, Nov 16, 2017
  11. Stephanie Win User
    And sadly there are no Full Themes for Quantum *Sad

Stephanie, Nov 16, 2017
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

@Not Myself.

For non native English speakers - this is an easy error so I wouldn't worry about it. If you really want example of bad English try the phrase I could care less when what they mean is I COULDN'T CARE LESS or at least I've found on the streets of London anybody under about the age of 30 when not looking into Mobile phones (even when crossing busy streets) can't say a simple sentence without using the word "Like" at least half a dozen times.

Anyway to get back to the point I think FF theme and font changer works just fine on 52.4.0 (at least it does on my system). In any case you can always make text larger or smaller with CTRL + or CTRL - keys.

I probably should upgrade to VER 58 but I tend to only use FF these days if something gets hosed up in IE11. I HATE Edge so I'm not going to bother --in any case if you have SKY GO it doesn't work with EDGE anyway.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 17, 2017
  13. Foxfilre 57 and Theme and Font Size Changer Not Compatible

I can assure you that many native English speakers, at least in the US, constantly misuse `it's' and `its'. My latest peeve is the absurd construct along the lines of "I have reverted back to x": By definition, there is only one direction in which can revert, and that is to a previous state or condition. As you cannot revert up, down, sideways, nor even in circles, "revert" is sufficient.

As for the extension working with Fx versions previous to v. 57, that is not, at least to me, in question; rather, it is does it work with 57, and the answer is "sort of." That is because, while version 62.0 will load in Fx 57, it will only ask that you fill in a brief survey for the extension author; other than that, it currently has no function. The survey is to let the author know what features of previous versions you would like to have for Firefox 57+.

Not Myself, Nov 17, 2017
  14. JJG10 Win User
    JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Foxfilre 57 and Theme and Font Size Changer Not Compatible - Similar Threads - Foxfilre Theme Font

2. Thunderbird - working font and size changer addon

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird - working font and size changer addon: Hi folks For latest versions of Thunderbird --if you want font and size changer this updated one works Theme Font & Size Changer (fixed) :: Add-ons for Thunderbird Cheers jimbo 138104
  3. font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    font size: my granddaughter changed the font size for everything on my computer! Where do I go to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/a38b713b-4ea3-4243-88fe-33fe6b44c74d
  4. Font size

Font size: Just got a new laptop running windows 10, the font in all the favourites list etc is very small, how can I enlarge it ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/478f6b50-f74f-4314-a717-af4b9135d2ec
  5. Font and Font Size

Font and Font Size: I'm in the process of setting up my new laptop and have font questions. How do I change the font to my personal preference and how do I change the size as well? The current one is much too small. I located changing from 100% to 125%, which is problematic and does not...
  6. Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer: I use mainly Cyberfox / sometimes Firefox Quantum and would like to know is there a way to change the size of icons in menu bar...as they are small due my not so good vision. I have tried various customising Firefox add ons but without success as some extensions don't work...
  7. Thunderbird users -- Nice global Font and theme changer

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird users -- Nice global Font and theme changer: Hi there sometimes I always wonder why developers often make standard GUI's, toolbars / menu text sizes etc too TINY - especially on modern large monitors without any way of changing these. Adobe photoshop is a typical example of the GUI with TINY fonts not really...
  8. Theme Font and Size Changer in Thunderbird 52.7.0

in Browsers and Email
    Theme Font and Size Changer in Thunderbird 52.7.0: Hi there I think also with Thunderbird you can enlarge / make smaller the whole workspace (window) by ctrl++ or ctrl-- as the workspace is still based on Firefox even though development of thunderbird has moved elsewhere. Cheers jimbo I just tried that. Only would...
  9. Thunderbird users Free Font size and theme changer

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird users Free Font size and theme changer: Hi there Those using Thunderbird and are bugged by fonts too small this easy font size and theme changer works very well indeed. (Works in Firefox browser too if you are using that) Theme Font Size Changer :: Add-ons for Firefox [img] To install manually...
  10. Mozilla Firefox 57 - Compatibility Milestones

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox 57 - Compatibility Milestones: Back in November, we laid out our plans for add-ons in 2017. Notably, we defined Firefox 57 as the first release where only WebExtensions will be supported. In parallel, the deployment of Multiprocess Firefox (also known as e10s) continues, with many users already benefiting...