Windows 10: Fragmentation Horror Story

Discus and support Fragmentation Horror Story in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Due to a perfect storm of errors I had to do a clean install of windows 10 yesterday, though I noticed after reinstalling everything my computer was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CervenySun, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Fragmentation Horror Story

Due to a perfect storm of errors I had to do a clean install of windows 10 yesterday, though I noticed after reinstalling everything my computer was acting rather sluggish. I ran auslogics DiskDefrag and found that my hard drive was 24% fragmented and it got me wondering.

What's the worst case of hard drive fragmentation you've had to deal with?

:)

CervenySun, Aug 11, 2015

2. Free Windows Phone 7

That was a contest that free Windows Phones were awarded to five Android users with the worst malware horror stories.

It was worth entering if you had a "story to tell".

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Samsung Focus getting 80004005 error when updating to Tango! Is it because I'm on 8107 while Tango is an update for 8112??

Dang dude, that's one **** of a horror story! Don't go to Apple though! If anything, I'd wait for WP8.

KillaRizzay, Aug 11, 2015
  4. pparks1 Win User

Fragmentation Horror Story

I haven't defragged a hard drive manually in many years. The automated runs by MS have proven more than sufficient with fast modern hard drives.

pparks1, Aug 11, 2015
  5. It turns out I had quite a bit of fragmentation,
    Fragmentation Horror Story [​IMG]

chris1neji, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    I defrag once a month on my Caviar Blacks, both of my OS are on SSDs so no need there.

Boozad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fragmentation Horror Story

1. Fragmentation Horror Story - Similar Threads - Fragmentation Horror Story

2. Fragmenter le disque

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fragmenter le disque: Bonjour j'ai un problème, j'ai fragmenté RECOVERY D: en confondant rapidement avec ma clé USB, je ne sais pas comment faire pour récupérer les données dans RECOVERY D: Merci pour votre aide Hello I have a problem, I fragmented RECOVERY D: quickly confusing with my USB...
  3. Fragmentation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fragmentation: Don't know why this happens. It happens with memory hungry programmes tho.. I do know how to defragment both Registry and Pagefile. However, I don't understand how a sluggish or unresponsive app can produce fragmentation in pagefile, for a start. Sometimes it's Chrome...
  4. system reserved fragment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system reserved fragment: Hi, How can I fragment system partition My windows start takes too long time [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-reserved-fragment/d9623038-4e66-42f0-b1c5-9737c77c0c8e
  5. Fragmentation of c drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fragmentation of c drive: I had a fragmentation problem only in C: drive for 25% Every time i change new drive it has the same problem In C: drive and now I am running in third drive this also saying 30% fragmented. And every time when i boot disk check error and not opeaning dose this happen...
  6. Disk stays fragmented

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk stays fragmented: Hello everyone, I've been trying to defragment my main disk for quite some time using the Disk Optimization app which is provided by Windows itself. I've tried doing it for almost 3 times but my disk always stays fragmented. As we're speaking right now, I'm trying to...
  7. Story Remix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Story Remix: Buenas tardes: No puedo descargar Story Remix Gracias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/story-remix/fcee9880-804c-48e9-ba20-830706a2daf1
  8. Not working after fragmentation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not working after fragmentation: I just refragmented my computer ,,but when i try to start it ,it does not show even the windows logo,it just shows blank screen of black colour,,please do reply really in need...
  9. System Reserved Fragmented

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Reserved Fragmented: I noticed my System Reserved was 11% Fragmented I think this happened after a OS upgrade to 1709. I cant seem to defrag it as I read it not important but like to fix this. [img] . I went into Disk management & letter drive as B so I can see whats is n it & its empty...
  10. Horrors of the Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Horrors of the Anniversary Update: I have 2 laptops and 1 desktop and I had problems with the update on all of them and went back to Windows 10 and would really like to go back to Windows 7. The first thing I noticed with the update on the laptops was the touchpad started acting different. Like just moving the...