Windows 10: Fraps videos don't play back reliably

Discus and support Fraps videos don't play back reliably in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the best place to post this. Move it if you like, or let me know where to put it. Thx. Also, not sure if the MS tech folks watch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Windy Gamer, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Fraps videos don't play back reliably

Not sure if this is the best place to post this. Move it if you like, or let me know where to put it. Thx.
    Also, not sure if the MS tech folks watch things here.. If so, I'd like to flag this as feedback to microsoft. See below. If not that's fine too.

I used Win 7 for many years capturing Fraps videos and editing them for youtube.
    Just upgraded my machines to Win 10 and Fraps playback with Win Media Player is not reliable. The Movie player refuses to play the captured videos. Not clear why these two apps would use different playback engines, but Movie Player only plays the audio with a black screen. Win Media Player works mostly. However, it often stops well into the video with an error crashing the app.

I know these videos are ok, since Corel Video Studio 5 and 6 both open the videos correctly and can easily edit them and create MP4s from them. So the formats of the videos are fine, as they always have been.

Anybody else seen this behavior?

Also, I know that Win 10 has some Gamer stuff in it, connections with XBox and Gamer DVR, etc., but I don't have an Xbox, don't want to get one, And don't want to log my desktop machines in with a Microsoft account. They already know way too much about me. I'm not looking to have them get a ping every time I log into one of my machines, or who knows what else they are saving. Any, the first thing that the Win10 Gamer app required was for me to log into my MS account, which based on other things, will change my Desktop Account to connect it to MS Central. For me, that's a fatal bug.

IMHO, MS is turning lots of folks off by this demand to tie desktops to MS Mother Central. I'm not buying into it. Oh. and another thing. Have you noticed that if you try to send MS any feedback, you have to log into microsoft, and they change your desktop to be connected to your MS account? End of feedback from me. Just trying to provide some constructive criticism here. [End of Rant]

But I do expect their media player to work. Maybe I'll try VLC? Is that the open source one?

Thanks for your help,
    wg

:)

Windy Gamer, Aug 9, 2015

2. Movies and TV App, No Video for .avi

Alright so I've recently upgraded to windows 10 (love it by the way, missed the desktop-oriented ways), and I began recording some gaming sessions using FRAPS. Opened the videos up in Windows Media Player and after a few minutes of steady video, WMP stops
    and runs into an error. Upon clicking the "web help" link provided, I find that the problem lies within the error code C00D11B1, which I guess has something to do with audio drivers. After putting in some attempts to fix the problem, I decide to go out with
    the old and in with the new (this is also after learning that Windows Media Center is no longer being supported, so I might as well move in to the future).

So here's where the Movies and TV App problems come in: I play the FRAPS videos in the app, and the audio is there just fine, but there seems to be no video, only a black screen. However, I do understand that the app is able to play .avi files, as I went
    and played other .avi videos (not associated with FRAPS) and they play just fine. Also converting the FRAPS .avi files to .3gp files causes them to work fine in the app, but it greatly reduces the quality of the video and audio, so I'd not like to go that
    route.

So, what am I to do here? Would this mainly be a problem with FRAPS, or is this a common thing among .avi files in the app?

MatthewHuepenbecker, Aug 9, 2015
  3. games stuttering

dear

this issue happen only when playing games on full screen

the games running normally if i play on windows mode

also i try to make record about this issue using fraps or nvidia and found that when i play the video after recording and see no stuttering or issue in gameplay record

majedraheel, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Fraps videos don't play back reliably

Windy Gamer, Aug 12, 2015
  5. toadstool Win User
    I ran into a similar issue with OBS recorder videos sound wouldn't play back at first I thought it was an issue with my mic as it turns out I think the new Windows player doesn't recognize certain codecs, I too installed VLC Player and it played my recorded videos fine.

toadstool, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Fraps videos don't play back reliably

1. Fraps videos don't play back reliably - Similar Threads - Fraps videos don't

2. Videos don't play on first startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos don't play on first startup: Hello! A problem has recently surfaced on my computer. When i start it up for the first time of the day, i can't play videos/movies. I've tried most of the big video sites, ie. Youtube, netflix, twitch etc. Thing is though, when i restart the computer it works out just fine....
  3. Videos don't play on first startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos don't play on first startup: Hello! A problem has recently surfaced on my computer. When i start it up for the first time of the day, i can't play videos/movies. I've tried most of the big video sites, ie. Youtube, netflix, twitch etc. Thing is though, when i restart the computer it works out just fine....
  4. Ads in front of videos play sound, videos don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads in front of videos play sound, videos don't: Ads in front of videos have sound , videos don't. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-front-of-videos-play-sound-videos-dont/c5571ba3-ab54-4559-aa85-25256c78a99e
  5. Ads in front of videos play sound, videos don't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ads in front of videos play sound, videos don't: Ads in front of videos have sound , videos don't. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-front-of-videos-play-sound-videos-dont/c5571ba3-ab54-4559-aa85-25256c78a99e
  6. Ads in front of videos play sound, videos don't

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Twitter Videos don't play

in Windows 10 Customization
    Twitter Videos don't play: Hi, Since updating to windows 10, I cant watch any video on Twitter. The sound plays fine but the video is showed as a black screen. Advice please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/twitter-videos-dont-play/89aed408-0ba0-4222-aa28-c1fbcc4b5798
  8. my computer don't plays videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    my computer don't plays videos: My computer ( Windows 10 ) won't play any video that I transfer from my cell. Help, Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-dont-plays-videos/a9b9057a-2d18-4d74-aadf-782a6cd68193
  9. Audio play back with video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio play back with video: I have recorded a series of videos using window 10 camera and a Samson mic. When I play it back I can see the video and in the sound settings I can see the audio signal I just can't hear it. When I play a You Tube video I can see the volume signal in Sound settings I just...
  10. Windows 10 not adapted with Fraps videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not adapted with Fraps videos: I recorded a gameplay video with Fraps, as usual. Then I wanted to watch it, but instead of WMP, Movies & TV app launched and tried to run the video. But all it was showing me was a black screen with gameplay audio. So I tried running it with WMP and after a couple of...