Windows 10: Fraud scam

Discus and support Fraud scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; During a support session, there was a response that said "this person is not from microsoft". Click here if they say they are from microsoft. Then was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JR337, Aug 17, 2018.

1. JR337 Win User

Fraud scam

During a support session, there was a response that said "this person is not from microsoft". Click here if they say they are from microsoft. Then was sent to the following page which I'm not sure was from microsoft.

Was I really talking to "Microsoft support" or a fake company? Is there a way to check the reference number?

:)

JR337, Aug 17, 2018

2. Fraud/Scam

I need your Fraud Division name and address as a Scam used your name to scam me. They said that Compgrovy was the division that removes the virus CAMPI. Now they want $495 to take care of my Microsoft Account. I unplugged my router but I am turning Microsoft
    to the Police and the Computer Fraud people.

FYI I just got an email today from Computer Geeks and I have never talked to them.

I await a reply before turning this over to the attorneys. Microsoft did nothing for me and they are trying to collect an amount from me.

Clark Dodge

* Moved from Virus & Malware

ClarkDodge1, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Jsssssssss, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Fraud scam

Fraud/Scam

Hi Clark,

Scams make use of the Microsoft name or names of other well-known companies. These scams include fake email messages or websites that use the Microsoft name. The email message might claim that you have won a Microsoft contest, that Microsoft needs your login
    information or password, or that a Microsoft representative is contacting you to help you with your computer.

Your case falls under the Rogue security software scams. Rogue security software, also known as "scareware," is software that appears to be beneficial from a security perspective but provides limited or no security, generates erroneous or misleading
    alerts, or attempts to lure you into participating in fraudulent transactions. These scams can appear in email, online advertisements, your social networking site, search engine results, or even in pop-up windows on your computer that might appear to be part
    of your operating system, but are not.

If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be from Microsoft and felt it was a scam, you can help us stop these fraudsters by reporting all information about your interaction with them.

The information you provide will assist Microsoft in ongoing investigations with law enforcement as we take appropriate action against businesses targeting our customers. Your information you provide will NOT be used to contact you for general marketing
    purposes.

Kindly report any information that you have about the company by filling up this customer complaint form on this

link

You may also check the following links to avoid scams in the future:

We hope the information we provided helps.

Ferdz Amp, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Fraud scam

1. Fraud scam - Similar Threads - Fraud scam

2. Does Microsoft care about a company who uses their software without purchasing licenses fraud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft care about a company who uses their software without purchasing licenses fraud?: I know of a company that started small and is now a billion-dollar company that has never purchased Microsoft Licenses for their systems.I was told don't bother telling Microsoft because they do not care. This company knows they are doing wrong and has over 300 Microsoft...
  3. Does Microsoft care about a company who uses their software without purchasing licenses fraud?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Microsoft care about a company who uses their software without purchasing licenses fraud?: I know of a company that started small and is now a billion-dollar company that has never purchased Microsoft Licenses for their systems.I was told don't bother telling Microsoft because they do not care. This company knows they are doing wrong and has over 300 Microsoft...
  4. Purchase Fraud or scam

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchase Fraud or scam: I received an email indicating that I had purchased a program, Windows Defender Protection for $399. I did not order this program. What should I do? Dan Geffner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchase-fraud-or-scam/bd2a5ab4-3e42-4e78-8c31-23f3e1d27cfe
  5. Is GVG Mall a scam or fraud?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is GVG Mall a scam or fraud?: Is GVG Mall a scam or fraud? Since a Windows activation key is like a 100$ it is kinda expensive. So I found a website called GVG Mall and I kinda thought it was illegal or a scam. Then I looked at the reviews some people said it was legit and some people said it was a scam...
  6. Fraud/Scam e-mail on Windows Defender Subscription

Fraud/Scam e-mail on Windows Defender Subscription: Hi all, Please advise as it seems I have received a spam e-mail confirming completion of one year subscription of Windows Defender Team. QTE From: Rose Eliot Rose Eliot <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent: 23 November 2020 10:14 Subject: Invoice Paid...
  7. how do I report scam or a fraud situation

how do I report scam or a fraud situation: I think theses same people have scammed me before and are trying to do it again how do I FILE A REPORT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-report-scam-or-a-fraud-situation/45fc9f00-e1ab-4d76-af7f-ea80c4786e79
  8. Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.

Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.: Microsoft Community (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)To:you Details [ATTACH] Microsoft Community Your question has a reply Hi Anne Marie Kearns, Tim Lar5 has replied to your question WIndows Photo Gallery in Microsoft Community. Thank You For Posting in...
  9. Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fraud alert - DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY EMAILS IF YOU ASK A QUESTION ON THIS SITE. Scammed me.: Microsoft Community (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)To:you Details [ATTACH] Microsoft Community Your question has a reply Hi Anne Marie Kearns, Tim Lar5 has replied to your question WIndows Photo Gallery in Microsoft Community. Thank You For Posting in...
  10. Microsoft Windows Scam (fraud-virus)

Microsoft Windows Scam (fraud-virus): Microsoft Windows (scam?) Jack called my phone Identified himself as Microsoft Windows and their were foreign hackers attempting to hack my computer. Can you verify you are from Microsoft. He gave me my name, address, city..... 1-800-920-7864 Jack ext 1003 to verify. Told...