Windows 10: Free AntiVirus program w/configurable firewall protection

Discus and support Free AntiVirus program w/configurable firewall protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, After much aggravation, I determined that my AntiVirus program was not letting me run the web interface for my home automation program all... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ivan8ias, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Ivan8ias Win User

Free AntiVirus program w/configurable firewall protection

Hello,

After much aggravation, I determined that my AntiVirus program was not letting me run the web interface for my home automation program all of a sudden. I disabled the firewall part and still have Windows Firewall on. Is there any AntiVirus program that can allow firewall access to certain programs? I have AVG free AntiVirus and can't figure out how to allow exceptions, nor do I know exactly what I want to allow. I will try to see if I can get tech support help tomorrow, but in the meantime I am writing this post. The home controller program runs using a local web interface and also remote internet control. It works fine again after I disabled the AVG firewall completely. Just wondering if there's a better AV program.
    Thank you for your help.

:)

Ivan8ias, Jul 14, 2017
  2. dpbrick Win User

Why is Defender saying further actions are needed in Norton AntiVirus Online?

Some further information regarding this problem: By doing a little more checking on Defender's settings, it says there is no Firewall protection because Norton AntiVirus is snoozed. But Norton AntiVirus Online is an antivirus protection software only
    -- it does not offer firewall protection. I remember quite clearly when I first installed it (because it's offered for free from my ISP), that it has to be used with Windows Firewall. Then at some point, Defender took over firewall responsibilities. Now
    Defender is saying its firewall can't be started because I have a 3rd party firewall protection installed. Grrrrr!

dpbrick, Jul 14, 2017
  3. Is there any other antivirus for Windows 10?

Windows Defender(85% protection) , Panda Antivirus Free (100% protection), Zone Alarm Free + Firewall . All three have versions which run on Windows 10

AV-TEST – The Independent IT-Security Institute

leopard_jumps, Jul 14, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

So you specifically need a software firewall? Does your router come with a firewall? Is that configurable enough to allow ports and services?

swarfega, Jul 14, 2017
  5. TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Free AntiVirus program w/configurable firewall protection - Similar Threads - Free AntiVirus program

2. Antivirus protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus protection: I was running free Bitdefender until May of last year when it was somehow switched to snooze and I have been unable to turn it back on by clicking on the turn on button. My Windows defender antivirus has also been turned off and I'm unable to also turn it back on by clicking...
  3. downloading virus protection program, suggest additional firewall protection

downloading virus protection program, suggest additional firewall protection: good morning, I am attempting to download " webroot " anti-virus protection, the tech suggested that I purchase additional firewall protection. Is this standard practice ?...
  4. antivirus/firewall protection

antivirus/firewall protection: will another virus protection like Norton interfere with the windows firewall etc how are they compatible and is it necessary to have both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirusfirewall-protection/154c365d-95f3-454f-85a8-7ea043e0a190
  5. Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?

Good free alternative to the Avast antivirus program?: I recently heard about the Avast scandal. Avast allegedly sold millions of user data. I'm not sure if this is true, but to be on the safe side, I decided to uninstall it. Do you know any good alternatives?...
  6. free antivirus

free antivirus: Does any user recommend a free safe and effective virus scan and remover? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/free-antivirus/d94a80f9-b74b-4ff2-9bbe-5f54d6106b66
  7. Antivirus protection

Antivirus protection: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I was told that windows 10 has built in antivirus protection. Is that true and do we not need antivirus software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-protection/1b628b50-ee9d-4f63-b319-1829af4ea117"
  8. antivirus protection

antivirus protection: I cannot run a virus scan I have a red message say my virus protection is controlled by my organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-protection/9f89e826-1999-4a45-93c2-aedc1ad2a658"
  9. Firewall and antivirus

Firewall and antivirus: How can I have both my antivirus' firewall - (Kaspersky) and Window defender's firewall at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-and-antivirus/d17b9b0e-76fb-434f-8a57-2d186544c643"
  10. Free firewalls

Free firewalls: Hey guys, Just wondering is the windows firewall any good? What is a really good firewall that is free and not Comodo nor zone alarm? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-firewalls/962d7355-80cb-4dad-8a97-4f1dbb31b406"