Windows 10: Free games that come with Windows.

Discus and support Free games that come with Windows. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In W7, we had Freecell, Spider Spider Solitaire, Hearts, Minesweeper,Checkers, Backgammon, Solitaire, Chess and some others. I can see these gamesin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulPatashnik, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Free games that come with Windows.

In W7, we had Freecell, Spider Spider Solitaire, Hearts, Minesweeper,Checkers, Backgammon, Solitaire, Chess and some others. I can see these gamesin W10 in the C drive\Windows.old\Windows\winsxs\FileMaps. How do I access andplay these games in W10?

:)

PaulPatashnik, Aug 27, 2015

2. How come Windows 10 Home that was provided free of charge now requires reactivation after a motherboard change ?

The Windows 10 OEM licence was granted for a particular computer and the motherboard is considered by Microsoft to be the computer. If you change the motherboard you are considered to be creating a new computer and that requires a new copy of Windows. The
    licence is locked into the BIOS which is part of the motherboard and it cannot be transferred to a new motherboard.

The rules regarding OEM licences have existed for many years and are not new. The only part that is new is the way the licence is stored in the BIOS.

The licencing of Windows 10 has no connection with possession of a Microsoft Account. The terms of the Windows 10 are freely available for you to read. When you install Windows you are asked whether you wish to accept the terms of the licence. If you decline
    the installation fails.

Microsoft did NOT warn us that this should have been done then and of the consequences if it was not done then.

There was nothing to be done that would have enabled you to transfer the OEM licence to a computer with a new motherboard. The choice was made by you when you purchased the computer with the original version of Windows installed qualifying for a free upgrade
    to Windows 10. Had you chosen to pay more money at that time for a retail copy of Windows, instead of the OEM copy you purchased, you would now be able to transfer the licence when changing the motherboard.

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 27, 2015
  3. How come Windows 10 Home that was provided free of charge now requires reactivation after a motherboard change ?

I upgraded to windows 10 for free when it was provided my Microsoft for free. Now I find that whenever I change my PC's motherboard Microsoft is asking me to reactivate this "free" version of windows 10.

When I attempt to reactivate windows 10 home, Microsoft says I need to buy a new license.

Is there a way for Microsoft to resolve this issue by looking into my PC to determine that I got windows 10 home and all its windows updates for free in the first place and reactivate windows?

If you are now, after the fact telling me that I should have opened an Microsoft account over a year ago and saved the activation under that account then, then that is not an option since to the best of my knowledge Microsoft did NOT warn us that this should
    have been done then and of the consequences if it was not done then.

Is Microsoft even aware of this issue ?

Thanks for reading.

PHILIP CASTELINO, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Free games that come with Windows.

They are mostly available for free from the Store..

BugMeister, Aug 27, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Free games that come with Windows.

1. Free games that come with Windows. - Similar Threads - Free games

2. How to disable switch between Stereo and Hands Free Mode in windows 11 while playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable switch between Stereo and Hands Free Mode in windows 11 while playing a game: Hey,i've installed windows 11 and now can't chose between hands free mode and stereo in the soundbar anymore. Usally I always used the hands free mode in game becouse i'm always talking with others while playing. Right now i can't choose hands free mode and when I'm speaking...
  3. How to disable switch between Stereo and Hands Free Mode in windows 11 while playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable switch between Stereo and Hands Free Mode in windows 11 while playing a game: Hey,i've installed windows 11 and now can't chose between hands free mode and stereo in the soundbar anymore. Usally I always used the hands free mode in game becouse i'm always talking with others while playing. Right now i can't choose hands free mode and when I'm speaking...
  4. How can i get pc game pass free trial for minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i get pc game pass free trial for minecraft: I have an new Computer and i got minecraft on it but i get a 14 day free trial right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-pc-game-pass-free-trial-for/44ec1fb5-86dc-4463-8d0e-27aff7260a9f
  5. How can i get pc game pass free trial for minecraft

How can i get pc game pass free trial for minecraft: I have an new Computer and i got minecraft on it but i get a 14 day free trial right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-pc-game-pass-free-trial-for/44ec1fb5-86dc-4463-8d0e-27aff7260a9f
  6. where i can download this Microsoft Russian Square Plus Edition - Bubble Matter free game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where i can download this Microsoft Russian Square Plus Edition - Bubble Matter free game: Microsoft Russian Square Plus Edition - Bubble Matter free downloads ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-i-can-download-this-microsoft-russian-square/dfa6ef51-4f0e-4b45-a46c-d7a7ca33b145
  7. where i can download this Microsoft Russian Square Plus Edition - Bubble Matter free game

where i can download this Microsoft Russian Square Plus Edition - Bubble Matter free game: Microsoft Russian Square Plus Edition - Bubble Matter free downloads ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-i-can-download-this-microsoft-russian-square/dfa6ef51-4f0e-4b45-a46c-d7a7ca33b145
  8. How do I cancel free xbox game pass ultimate, please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I cancel free xbox game pass ultimate, please?: I have a new computer that comes with free xbox game pass ultimate. I do not want this subscription. The pop up says my subscription which I do not want and never asked for continues automatically unless cancelled in Microsoft account. When I follow the link there is no...
  9. How do I cancel free xbox game pass ultimate, please?

How do I cancel free xbox game pass ultimate, please?: I have a new computer that comes with free xbox game pass ultimate. I do not want this subscription. The pop up says my subscription which I do not want and never asked for continues automatically unless cancelled in Microsoft account. When I follow the link there is no...
  10. How do I cancel free xbox game pass ulitmate, please? I tried chat/support assistant but...

How do I cancel free xbox game pass ulitmate, please? I tried chat/support assistant but...: I have a new computer that comes with free xbox game pass ultimate. I do not want this subscription. The pop up says my subscription which I do not want and never asked for continues automatically unless cancelled in Microsoft account. When I follow the link there is no...