Windows 10: Free movie streaming apps in the app store- Are they legal?

Discus and support Free movie streaming apps in the app store- Are they legal? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I see all these movie streaming apps in the Windows app store like Movie Tube. Are these legit? Streaming movies that just came out on video free seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LossVegas, Jul 14, 2016.

1. LossVegas Win User

Free movie streaming apps in the app store- Are they legal?

I see all these movie streaming apps in the Windows app store like Movie Tube. Are these legit? Streaming movies that just came out on video free seems like a trap to me. Are these malware? Illegal? Will I get a MPAA letter from my cable co?

:)

LossVegas, Jul 14, 2016

2. Why can't i stream free movies now?

A movie streaming app from windows store. You can open the app. but if you try to start a movie it just will not do anything. But it's funny Netflix works okay.

WaltFisher, Jul 14, 2016
  3. PLAY button dimmed on purchased movies in Win 10 Movies&TV app

I bought several movie rentals in the Win 10 store & chose the "download" rather than "streaming" option.

I can see the downloaded .mp4 files in my Videos\Movies folder, and they appear in the Movies&TV app, but the "PLAY" button is dimmed/deactivated. I bought another movie and chose the "streaming" option; it likewise appears in the app but will not play.

All my other video files play fine in the app.

What's up with that?

StevenKingham, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Winuser, Jul 15, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Netflix/Amazon etc are legal -- others I'd stay away from --even some stuff on You Tube can be considered as Pirated.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Free movie streaming apps in the app store- Are they legal? - Similar Threads - Free movie streaming

2. Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality: I bought all Lord of the Rings movies in 4k from the microsoft store. The streaming quality looks more like 720p and when I want to download the movies the only options I am given are SD and HD. Why cant I download these movies in 4k which I paid for? I don't really care...
  3. Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality: I bought all Lord of the Rings movies in 4k from the microsoft store. The streaming quality looks more like 720p and when I want to download the movies the only options I am given are SD and HD. Why cant I download these movies in 4k which I paid for? I don't really care...
  4. Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Paid Apps, Free Apps and Apps with Price Tag in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paid Apps, Free Apps and Apps with Price Tag in Microsoft Store: In the Store, I saw 3 categories of applications i.e. Free App, Paid App, and App with a price tag. What is the difference between apps with a price tag and Paid? Thanks...
  6. Movies & TV app won't download or stream my purchased movies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app won't download or stream my purchased movies: When I try to download or stream I get the message "Couldn't download or Couldn't StreamPlease try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.0x801901aa" I have tried the following1. Reset app2. Repair app3. Sign out and back...
  7. Movies & TV app won't download or stream my purchased movies

Movies & TV app won't download or stream my purchased movies: When I try to download or stream I get the message "Couldn't download or Couldn't StreamPlease try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.0x801901aa" I have tried the following1. Reset app2. Repair app3. Sign out and back...
  8. free movies@2020 app

free movies@2020 app: where has the free movies@2020 gone from the microsoft store...
  9. Are Microsoft store apps legal?

Are Microsoft store apps legal?: Are Microsoft store apps legal? Never thought I would ask that question. I see a lot of free movie apps being offered. The ad you see at the top could pay for the movies. I find very odd though. Especially, since some of free movies are also available for rent or purchase at...
  10. best free apps in the store

best free apps in the store: What are the best free apps you have found? I like: Flipboard Netflix Crossy Road 6493