Windows 10: Free must have apps that improve your pcs performance?

Discus and support Free must have apps that improve your pcs performance? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; aside from cleaner..winrar ...what other free apps can u get? Please provide links..also are there any free word apps? 37155 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vejichan, Jan 11, 2016.

1. vejichan Win User

Free must have apps that improve your pcs performance?

aside from cleaner..winrar ...what other free apps can u get? Please provide links..also are there any free word apps?

:)

vejichan, Jan 11, 2016

2. my nokia521keeps giving me a error code and its not letting me download halo spartain assault

Check the free space on your phone. There must be at least 2 GB free space.

Next, buy the app on windowsphone.com. Then, download the app on to your PC. Put the app file on to your SD card. Then install it.

Jay_answers, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Performance drop in windows update.

We appreciate the screenshot you have shared with us. We will not be able to truly identify the ill-performance of Windows using a 3rd Party app. In Microsoft, we do have an article on how to check and improve your computer's performance. Please check
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10. This article have useful
    suggestions to help make your Windows 10 PC run better.

Feel free to post back for any other assistance with Windows.

Rey Cam, Jan 11, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

There are many free word like clones eg Libreoffice.

You can use a cloud version of ms office, but limited capability (still pretty good though).

You can install word mobile for free on devices with 10 inch screen or less.

Alaternatively, you can lease office 365 for (UK prices - £60per annum for 1 user licence+1TB storage or £80 per annum for 5 user licence + 1TB per user).

Then you can buy Office for lots (cheaper if a student).

For a large family, the lease deal is pretty unbeatable.

cereberus, Jan 11, 2016
  5. vejichan Win User
    Any other apps?

vejichan, Jan 11, 2016
  6. OldAussie Win User
    vejichan asked specifically about apps that improve your PCs performance.

There are very few that really improve performance. Most programs that claim to are "snake oil" which achieve no benefit and may even degrade performance.

Non-Microsoft memory managers are worse than useless. Windows built in memory management is efficient. It's silly to believe that some amateurish freeware or shareware individual knows more about Windows core processes than Microsoft.

Registry cleaners have no benefit and may do serious damage.

There are many free defragmenters, but they should not be used on solid state discs which have their own housekeeping methods built in. Only defrag conventional spinning hard discs.

Ccleaner can save some disc space but that usually makes little or no difference to performance. Having many small programs installed is not usually a problem. If they are usually inactive except when you launch one for a specific purpose, they only occupy a little disc space but no active memory space, which is what really makes a difference.
    What's important is to limit those which are set to start automatically when you start Windows.

In general, be very wary of "performance enhancers" that are included (on an opt out basis) with some freeware. Also beware of websites claiming they have detected that your PC is not running efficiently, and their software can fix the problems. They are a scam. In fact a webpage cannot diagnose performance.

OldAussie, Jan 12, 2016
  7. OldAussie Win User
    OldAussie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Free must have apps that improve your pcs performance? - Similar Threads - Free must apps

2. trying to improve performance-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to improve performance-: my computer is running too slowly. when i searched help, i was told to chesk fo the latest updates when i clicked on that I got an error message sayin the server terminated because it enclountereed a "client request loop". Now I cant get past that step in the tips to...
  3. Your Phone App on Domain PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App on Domain PCs: Is it possible to get this App to function in a domain environment? I have a Note 10+ that connects to my home PC without any issues at all, so I know that side of the setup is working fine. My situation is I have a PC where I log into it with domain credentials, but I...
  4. Improving your computer performance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Improving your computer performance: what are the three components that most affect computer performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improving-your-computer-performance/5b35f375-aa6b-41d0-b1b2-4baa76f4c164
  5. Improve performance

Improve performance: Very slow pc. How do I improve performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-performance/870b638c-8473-4024-b0c2-297850f670c4
  6. Tips for Improving Your PC's Performance in Windows 10 Home

Tips for Improving Your PC's Performance in Windows 10 Home: Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, please be nice to give me some "tips for improving PC performance in Windows 10 Home". I also want the operating system to be optimized. I mention that a built-in 8GB RAM and RAM used is 6.93 GB. I checked out last night in Task Manager at the...
  7. free apps on windows 10 that improves your pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free apps on windows 10 that improves your pc?: I know ccleaner..what else are usefull? 37103
  8. Improve performance on netbook

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Improve performance on netbook: I have Windows 10 insider 14385 64-bit on a 6 year old netbook with Atom N455 and want to know if there is more room for improving performance. Currently it performs quite good, battery is good too, even faster than Win 7 in some circumstances, but there is some lag opening...
  9. Performance Improvement Needed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Improvement Needed: New Windows 10 user cannot figure out how to run performance improvements functions (defrag, remove temp files, remove cookies, etc.). Please help. Thank you 77564
  10. useful apps that u must have on your windows 10 and why?

in Windows 10 Support
    useful apps that u must have on your windows 10 and why?: I have ccleaner to cleanup my pc and winrar to open rar. Any others? 37196

Users found this page by searching for:

1. must have apps for slow pcs